Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Shandi

Please read this; it may save your dog's life! Share on your FB page to save other pets.

Previous incorrect link has been edited:

Grieving dog parent mourns the death of her dog from a common item found in homes. Your dog can suffocate from this ordinary item found in almost every home, but many don't think about it.

https://www.popsugar.com/moms/Common...-Pets-44621115

One week ago I kissed my baby boy goodbye on my way out for work. But I had no idea it would be for the last time. Although I still can’t even wrap my head around what happened @cville7 and I feel we have an obligation to share what happened to Petey to hopefully prevent it from happening to any of your babies. So we apologize in advance bc this is so hard to write about & I’m sure such a downer to read. Last Monday, Christian beat me home from work by about 10 min & was surprised when Petey didn’t greet him at the door like usual. As he walked in further he saw our sweet boy laying lifeless with a stupid chip bag over his head. He was able to get them off the counter that we will forever blame ourselves for leaving out. He ate every chip out but of course went back for crumbs... with there being nothing left inside every time he would go for more he would inhale making the bag tighter & tighter around his head.. ultimately resulting in suffocation 💔 Petey was SMART so I didn’t understand why he couldn’t get it off with his paws. But after doing research the stats on how often this happens is shocking. 3-5 pet suffocation’s get reported every week and 42% of those occur while the owner is in the next room. It only takes about 3 minutes for their oxygen to drop to fatal levels. With this happening so often we were so surprised by the lack of awareness on this topic out there. Especially bc I was a very overprotective dog mama. In fact 90% of the incidents reported the owner had never heard of this until it happened to them (us included). Chip bags, cereal bags, bread bags, popcorn bags, dog / cat treat bags seem to be the most common. So I just ask that in honor of my boy Petey that you be extra careful, warn other dog owners & give your fur babies some extra love today and everyday after this. I pray none of you ever have to experience your heart breaking this way. We love you papas you were the best boy in the whole world & we will remember our good times forever 🐶😇#PeteyPablo#pitties#pitbullsofinstagram#preventpetsuffocation#pitbullawareness
    Last edited by Shandi; 03-01-2018 at 05:54 AM. Reason: edit link
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email