Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

Thread: R.I.P Dolores
  • Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Suzeep57

R.I.P Dolores

I've been really struggling with the death of Dolores O'Riordan. I wasn't a huge Cranberries fan, but for some odd reason, three days before she died, I heard "Zombie" playing somewhere...I can't remember where...but that song has been firmly stuck in my head since then. In fact I looked up the guitar chords and was learning to play it the night before the announcement of her passing. I won't go into how it affected me, but since then I've read a few things about her life. The good things and the bad.

When she was 8 years old someone the family knew started molesting her. It lasted until she was 12. As you can imagine, is scarred her badly. She suffered from depression and anorexia throughout her life. She had attempted suicide previously. It's so horrible to me knowing that she is only one person in an unimaginable population of victims.

When I read some of the threads that have been posted, especially about the local sexual assaults at a Sebastopol school, I really hope that people do find an answer as to how to remedy the situation. Obviously, there are different levels of abuse, and O'Riordan's plight was very bad. To be so young and to have to live through that... As we know she went on to become the frontwoman for her band. With success and a huge fan base. Beloved by many. Still couldn't heal her from her experiences of the abuse. Abuse is a killer. A killer of the mind, of the body, of the soul. Listen to the Cranberries song "Ode To My Family". R.I.P. lovely one.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 6 members:

Tags (user supplied keywords) for this Thread