Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    lila heart

"Epidemic" of sexual harassment at a local school?

No form of sexual harassment is acceptable. Nor should be any harmful lies.

A father claims there is an "epidemic of sexual harassment" at one of our county schools. Epidemic? Really?
    My own children have attended the school in question. I volunteered at the school for years. I found the staff and administration to be consistently professional, caring, proactive, and supportive. In all the years I was involved in the school, there was absolutely NO "epidemic of sexual harassment" among students. I'm still in close to several people associated with the school, and all of them say that the father's statement a blatant lie.

I'd like to ask: What is the real intention behind the father's inflammatory posts? He seems to be driven by other motives.

And, another question for readers: Why are some of you automatically believing every word this man has posted?
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Damage

Re: "Epidemic" of sexual harassment at a local school?

I find it funny you didn’t post this on the thread already going. This is your first post since 2015! And I would also like to say, some people are blind to what is in front of them. Just saying. End of story.

3. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

4. TopTop #3
    wisewomn

Perhaps the boys in question were not at the school during your direct involvement with it.
    As for the "blatant lie," how many times have abusers used the same term before the accusations were shown to be irrefutable? And let none of us forget the longstanding coverup in the Catholic Church.
    Just sayin'.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by lila heart: View Post
    ...A father claims there is an "epidemic of sexual harassment" at one of our county schools. Epidemic? Really?
    My own children have attended the school in question. I volunteered at the school for years. I found the staff and administration to be consistently professional, caring, proactive, and supportive. In all the years I was involved in the school, there was absolutely NO "epidemic of sexual harassment" among students. I'm still in close to several people associated with the school, and all of them say that the father's statement a blatant lie....

5. Gratitude expressed by 5 members:

6. TopTop #4
    spinach

I'd like to add that this isn't sexual harassment, but actually sexual battery and assault. Anyone can deny this happened, but the girls it happened to are not 1) getting flowers for their efforts, 2) getting awards for their efforts and 3) feel scared. Any attempt to gaslight this issue is ridiculous. It's been happening for years and it will continues until it is stopped.

7. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

8. TopTop #5

I agree with you that the word epidemic is a little too much, except of course to the girls that have to live with the fear that they might be harassed again.
    But I do question your self-acclaimed inside knowledge of BHS based on the fact that your children USED to go to BHS. How long ago were they there? 1year ago, 5 years ago or maybe 10-20 years ago???
    Let us know!

...My own children have attended the school in question. I volunteered at the school for years....

9. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

10. TopTop #6

Lila, can you enlighten me on what motive someone might have to drag his own daughter through the mud?
    ...I'd like to ask: What is the real intention behind the father's inflammatory posts? He seems to be driven by other motives. ...

11. Gratitude expressed by 2 members: