Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Valley Oak

Renting a debris box or bin?

We are desperately looking for an alternative to our garbage company's awful service regarding debris box/bin for our home.

Does anyone here have any kind of choices other than them???

Please post it here in this thread.
    Thank you.
    Last edited by Barry; 01-05-2018 at 01:54 PM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by:

3. TopTop #2
    Hot Compost

Re: Renting a debris box or bin?

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Edward Mendoza: View Post
    We are desperately looking for an alternative to our garbage company's awful service regarding debris box/bin.

Thank you.
    Is that for a home or a business ?

4. Gratitude expressed by:

5. TopTop #3
    Valley Oak

Our home.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Hot Compost: View Post
    Is that for a home or a business ?

6. TopTop #4
    ChefJayTay

Home collections are contracted by your local city. Unless you are seeking a one time or temporary solution, you're stuck with Redwood empire until 2023.

Again (I've mentioned this in other threads), I ask our local politicians why you agree to such contracts that limit our options and force us to use specific services.

7. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

8. TopTop #5
    Valley Oak

Yes, I am seeking a one time or temporary solution. That describes our situation exactly.
    We have been living at our current address for 18 years and this is the first time we need this service.
    I will be grateful if I can contact anyone else besides Redwood Empire Bloodsuckers.

And I agree with you 100% regarding the lousy policy decisions made with these terrible contracts.
    One thing that comes to mind is the lack of competition, which *normally* solves the problem with better services and lower prices. But the contract creates an exclusive monopoly for that garbage company until the agreement lapses.

9. Gratitude expressed by:

10. TopTop #6
    MikeH

One time my next door neighbor got a dumpster from Industrial Carting. He got a visit by the franchisee advising that was not proper, but nothing ever came of it. Supposedly it is a contract violation? Industrial Carting did provide it and picked it up, and at a much better price.

Industrial Carting (Global Materials Recovery
    Services C&D Recycling Facility)
    (707) 586-6666/(707) 585-8246

https://www.recyclenow.org/recycling/debris_boxes.asp

Industrial Carting
    3911 Santa Rosa Ave
    Santa Rosa, CA 95407
    Phone number (707) 585-0511

https://www.yelp.com/biz/industrial-...g-santa-rosa-2

I agree these exclusive franchise agreements violate our rights to contract for services as we see fit.

You might also consider employing someone with a big truck to haul it straight to the dumps for you. Might cost more but you'd also be getting some labor to help you with the cleanup and debris loading.

11. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

12. TopTop #7
    Valley Oak

I want to thank the person who put the image in my thread starting post.
    I researched the company and unfortunately it is located in Bend, Oregon.

13. Gratitude expressed by:

14. TopTop #8
    Valley Oak

Thank you, Mike!

I'm interested in the possibility of paying an individual with a big truck. If you know someone, please let me know.

Also, I called up Industrial Carting as soon as I read your post. Their pricing is the following:

Bin Size and Price:
    10 Yards, $295 (concrete & dirt only).
    15 Yards, $330 plus $115 for every ton (same for all bins except the ten yard size).
    20 Yards, $340 + tonnage.
    30 Yards, $365 + tonnage.
    40 Yards, $375 + tonnage.

15. TopTop #9
    ChefJayTay

Bagster - by Waste Management
    Wish they serviced our area.

16. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

17. TopTop #10
    Gpen

I'm also not happy about Recology and yes the name leads one to believe they have an ecological perspective. I have tried multiple times to contact them over the phone during business hours and after waiting for some time, they transfer over to a message center answering service. The service claims someone will call you back in 24 hours...still waiting to see it that happens. It seems impossible to reach someone unless I drive to their headquarters in person. Overpriced and lousy customer service.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by sealwatcher: View Post
    I thought Recology was going to be coming in with an ecological perspective. Please comment on that. And I agree that contracts tie you down but surely they have escape clauses for non-compliance?

18. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

19. TopTop #11
    Valley Oak

So far I have contacted my garbage service company, The Ratto Group, which sold its concern to Recology San Francisco (who began operations on Jan 1st, if I remember correctly).

I have also contacted Industrial Carting, which is located on Santa Rosa Avenue, and got their prices (not much better than Ratto / Recology).

We are now thinking of using our minivan to take some of it directly to Industrial Carting.

Also, we are thinking of hiring an individual with a truck.

Finally, we have also talked about simply renting a U-Haul truck to pick up the heavy stuff that our minivan cannot handle.

Does anyone have any other ideas or observations?

Thank you very much to all of you for your feedback!

Edward

20. TopTop #12
    MikeH

I take my construction debris directly to the dumps on Mecham Road in small batches in my small Toyota truck. They weigh it, going in and on the way out and charge you based on the difference with no minimum. I usually have a quarter ton or less (500 lbs) and I think it's about $125 +/- per ton, so maybe $30. Not bad. Heard they have long waits now due to fire cleanup, but I've not been there recently. Last went there before the fires and had to wait about 15 to 20 minutes for my turn.

The problem with taking it to Industrial Carting is they have a minimum. It used to be $35 for 600 pounds. So if you brought 300 pounds you'd pay $35. if you had 800 pounds it would be $35 plus 200 pounds at some rate of like $120/ton. But that was a couple years ago. Now their minimum I hear is up to $45, and they seem to often have a long line of people waiting.

So I quit going to industrial Carting and do small loads to the dumps. I like the no minimum part. I recently had a big load of light stuff and it was only $19.

Also you can drop off unused paint, and pick up paint if you want some. I've gotten some good Kelley-Moore paint for free down there. it is excess paint that homeowners or contractors have at the end of a job and they drop it off there. You can have it for free if the color is something you can use.

21. Gratitude expressed by:

22. TopTop #13
    TJV09240824

Take the debris to Republic Services transfer station in Guerneville off 116. The cheapest way is to bring yourself. Rent an open top U-Haul trailer and bring up. It’s way cheaper to do it this way unless you insist on someone doing it for you than just pay someone I guess. 117 per ton regular garbage. Lumber is 76 a ton non pressure treated wood only and no paint on it otherwise it’s regular garbage rate

23. Gratitude expressed by:

24. TopTop #14
    AJL

Separation at the source is no secret. Getting a dumpster often results in multiple types of waste material combined and then all thrown away at once. My system typically involves multiple cans and some are for woodwaste that can be brought to Dan Davis for about $18 to do 2 yards I think. The rest of it carefully separated can be thrown away At the Meacham Road dump into separate bins for plastic paper cardboard metal etc. They also have a wonderful recycle town there.

Reduce
    Reuse
    Recycle

There is no away.
    A big enough pile of anything is worth something to someone...eventually.>
    Quote Posted in reply to the post by Edward Mendoza: View Post
    We are desperately looking for an alternative to our garbage company's awful service regarding debris box/bin for our home.

Thank you.

25. Gratitude expressed by: