Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    TJV09240824

Well Water Whole House Water Filtration System

Recently moved into a home with well water. Was told I should rent a whole house water filtration system. The one that was there is from Culligan. Wondering if anyone could recommend a company that provides this service and also wondering if anyone would be willing to tell me how much I should pay for such a setup. I know there are probably many variables, but just wondering if anyone would be willing to tell me how much they pay a month to rent these systems.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by:

3. TopTop #2
    AJL

Re: Well Water Whole House Water Filtration System

The last filtration system I installed was from West County Water with the Great installer called Billy who holds the patent for the system he put in. The automatic back flush is a really important feature because it makes it super low maintenance.

4. Gratitude expressed by:

5. TopTop #3
    MikeH

You might want to get a water quality test, to quantify the concentration and types of minerals, and also if there is bacteria contamination. Heard this can be done in the lab at the Laguna Wastewater treatment plant. Here is some info and other testing options -

https://sonomacounty.ca.gov/Health/E...Water-Testing/

There is another place like Culligan called ServiSoft, Phone number (707) 542-5111

A reverse osmosis unit for the water you actually drink might be good. They only produce a few gallons a day, so they typically get installed in addition to a softening system and supply a separate spout at the kitchen sink, not the faucet.

Personally I have untreated well water that is very high in minerals, including manganese, which will leave orange mineral deposits, and make you use more soap. But I buy separate water for drinking and cooking.

6. Gratitude expressed by:

7. TopTop #4
    Sonomasand

I highly recommend City Water Filter. Based out of the Bay Area (not Sonoma County), but I have found the owner Clay Rosson and his crew to be very knowledgeable about the water around Sonoma County and very quick to respond to any service requests/concerns. He is happy to work with renters and will not try to squeeze every possible penny out of you. I have used his equipment at the last two houses I have rented. Expect an upfront install cost (maybe a few hundred dollars and a monthly fee, but it depends on the equipment you require). His prices were similar to culligan, but the service and equipment were much better for the same amount of money and will be based on your specific needs, not just what they are trying to sell.
    https://www.citywaterfilter.com
    (209) 402-8883

Good luck!
    Last edited by Barry; 12-10-2017 at 11:21 AM.

8. Gratitude expressed by 2 members: