Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Heartlotus

Seeking labrador breeder🐶❣️

Dear all,
    Anyone know of any loving Labrador breeders for white or yellow Labs - in the area or California?
    Thanks so much! Please text 415.450.5521 before 7pm or email [email protected].
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    gypsey

Re: Seeking labrador breeder��❣️

I am sure you are going to get lots of feedback from this post so let me say first that

1) there are a zillion over-produced labs in shelters all over California--they are one of THE most over-produced breeds . Do you want to add to the count?
    2) surprise! I understand your wish for a dog whose temperament and health you know and who has had an outstanding start in life.
    So if you are intent on your quest, I would say start with a thorough research of breeders. Lab rescue groups actually work with breeders and know which ones have integrity. There's plenty through google about various breeders and then, research, interview and visit. And don't stint on price.

I know from experience that ethical breeders match their dog to you, they don't let you just pick one out.
    There are all kinds of restrictions and contracts to ensure that you fulfill your end of the agreement...and these breeders will take your dog BACK if you are not a loving home or if you encounter problems later and need to rehome your dog.

So those are a few things to look for. But please don't rely on word of mouth ..do your research and make careful decisions. Avoid breeders where the "price" is cheap but the health and temperament issues can last a lifetime.

As the partner of a wonderful dog acquired through an amazing breeder and a dog who is not an over-produced breed and thus unlikely to be in shelters, I don't feel comfortable judging you in any way about your choices. But I do know many great labs need homes. Perhaps in talking with lab rescue groups you can let them know your specific needs and they can accommodate them, or if not, direct you to a breeder who truly supports their mission.

All best
    Gypsey

Hope this "lecture" helped.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Heartlotus: View Post
    Dear all,
    Anyone know of any loving Labrador breeders for white or yellow Labs - in the area or California?
    Thanks so much! Please text 415.450.5521 before 7pm or email [email protected].
    Last edited by Barry; 11-14-2017 at 01:36 PM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

3. Gratitude expressed by 2 members: