Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    arthunter

Cats Spotted at Coffee Park

Hi folks,

I am in touch with several dedicated animal rescuers in the county. Just yesterday we got word that a whole lot of cats have been spotted in the Coffee Park neighborhood. We would like to trap these cats and return them to their owners but the neighborhood is still closed to everyone during the night. Forgotten Felines has offered to help with the trapping and animal control has day time access. The problem is that many of these animals are traumatised and they can only be trapped at night. Our concern is that some of these pets might be injured and need immediate attention.

If you have any pull at all with city officials then please post here ... .. https://tinyurl.com/y7g8u9bu
    One of the rescuers is a cop and even he can't get in ...

This is very good news .. If cats survived in the hardest hit area, then there's hope that animals survived elsewhere.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

3. TopTop #2
    jesswolfe

Re: Cats Spotted at Coffee Park

Have you talked to Sonoma County Animal Services? I know they have been in the evac areas looking for animals. So if there is a way to maybe increase coverage at night, maybe they would be a good place to start? I can do some footwork but was wondering what you had already done. I’ve been working at the Humane Society clinic for folks affected by the fires and lost cats are a big worry. So time is of the essence. And frankly we need some good news stories!

Jessica
    www.daughterofthediviners.com

Quote Posted in reply to the post by arthunter: View Post
    ...Just yesterday we got word that a whole lot of cats have been spotted in the Coffee Park neighborhood. We would like to trap these cats and return them to their owners but the neighborhood is still closed to everyone during the night. Forgotten Felines has offered to help with the trapping and animal control has day time access. The problem is that many of these animals are traumatised and they can only be trapped at night....
    Last edited by Barry; 10-24-2017 at 01:47 PM.

4. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

5. TopTop #3
    arthunter

I just heard that Forgotten Felines is now trapping at Coffee Park and Journeys End
    Obviously, they got in. Please withhold food in these areas so that the cats will go in the traps.

6. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

7. TopTop #4
    arthunter

I just got word from the Forgotten Felines trapping coordinator that they only have perimeter access to Coffee Park, Journeys End, and Fountaingrove and no access at all to Mark West.

I know that there are concerns and priorities and that those in charge are overwhelmed, but we're only talking about supervised access for a couple of rescuers at a time. I talked to the supervisors about this today and they were sympathetic but also overwhelmed. Time to make some phone calls.

8. Gratitude expressed by 4 members: