Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Shepherd

New yoga class, Tuesdays, 9-10 a.m., Sebastopol

I attended the first meeting of a new Yoga for Radiance class this morning. I appreciated this gentle yoga, with its instructor Dina Handley. It meets from 9-10 a.m. each Tuesday at the Sebastopol Senior Center and is open to all adults. The fee is $8 for members and $10 for non-members.

Dina is a certified yoga instructor, teacher of Ayurvedic Nutrition, and raised two sons, who recently graduated from college. She teaches how “to use your breath as a tool and reduce stress and fatigue," as well as "increase stamina and over-all well-being.”

The Center is at 167 N. High Street, next to the library, and can be reached at 829-2440 and https://www.sebastopolseniorcenter.org
    Last edited by Barry; 10-04-2017 at 01:46 AM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Dorothy Friberg

Re: New yoga class, Tuesdays, 9-10 a.m., Sebastopol

Why are all these classes so expensive???
    Quote Posted in reply to the post by Shepherd: View Post
    I attended the first meeting of a new Yoga for Radiance class this morning. I appreciated this gentle yoga, with its instructor Dina Handley. It meets from 9-10 a.m. each Tuesday at the Sebastopol Senior Center and is open to all adults. The fee is $8 for members and $10 for non-members.

Dina is a certified yoga instructor, teacher of Ayurvedic Nutrition, and raised two sons, who recently graduated from college. She teaches how “to use your breath as a tool and reduce stress and fatigue," as well as "increase stamina and over-all well-being.”

The Center is at 167 N. High Street, next to the library, and can be reached at 829-2440 and https://www.sebastopolseniorcenter.org

3. TopTop #3
    Gpen

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Dorothy Friberg: View Post
    Why are all these classes so expensive???
    I think the bigger question is, why is it that so many people expect yoga classes to be free or virtually free? I am a yoga instructor and have taken over 600 (certified) hours of training in my field. I charge $15 for an hour and 15 minute class for drop-in. I feel this is a very good deal for my clients as they get a small group setting and encouragement, support, instruction and expertise to guide them in their practice. It is hard to make ends meet teaching yoga. However, when my children were young (about 7-10 years ago) the going rate for a babysitter was averaging $15 per hour! Not sure what it is up to nowadays...Spending $10-$20 per hour for a practice that benefits mind, body and spirit and improves overall health seems a small price to pay.
    Namaste

4. Gratitude expressed by 5 members:

5. TopTop #4
    Dorothy Friberg

Sometimes I am able to take classes (yoga) at the senior center in Santa Rosa, the last one for $2.50 per class. I loved it and it was probably subsidized by Parks and Rec. I will not be taking your class @ $15 per.
    Last edited by Barry; 10-06-2017 at 03:14 AM.

6. TopTop #5
    Gpen

Sometimes I am able to take classes (yoga) at the senior center in Santa Rosa, the last one for $2.50 per class. I loved it and it was probably subsidized by Parks and Rec. I will not be taking your class @ $15 per.
    Dorothy
    That's great...I sincerely hope you find another subsidized class, sounds like you need one. But you asked and I answered...

7. TopTop #6
    Dorothy Friberg

Thank you. Namaste!

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Gpen: View Post
    Dorothy
    That's great...I sincerely hope you find another subsidized class, sounds like you need one. But you asked and I answered...

8. TopTop #7
    Shepherd

I went to the 2nd of these new yoga classes this morning at 9 a.m. at the Seb. Sr. Ctr. I was once again very appreciative of this gentle yoga approach by Dina. The class is open to all adults. It is a good relief from all the smoke. The Center offers free classes and some free food today.

Thank you. Namaste!