Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Ellienovember

Where does a single mother turn to in need of help

I am a single mother as of recently. I have a new baby due in August and my ex partner has put me on the streets. I have income coming from child support and ambition to continue my coarse of child development to revive the official certification to do child care.

Sonoma county and Mendocino county make it almost impossible to rent even a tiny home. The requirements are proof of employment, and proof you make 3x amount of rent, credit check and it is almost as if you have to beg and prove you are a good person.

I have never in my life been in such situations.
    As a mother of 2 girls, and another on the way, I do not qualify for a shared rental. (Nobody will accept my need for even a small place to sleep with my children.)

Where does a mother turn to? I have in my highest times donated money to local charities, donated items for those in need, I have prepared food for the homeless and helped in my community and the favor is not being returned.

If anyone has a clue where or how to begin, please I am asking kindly to refer me to step one. If you know of anyone in a similar situation who could help me help her, please let me know.

Thank you for your time.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

3. TopTop #2
    Shandi

Re: Where does a single mother turn to in need of help

You might try calling Crossing the Jordan. Their focus is on helping women with children find housing, and other support. They're a religious organization, that does good work.
    Apply For Program - Crossing the Jordan
    https://www.crossingthejordan.org/apply-for-program/

If you or your family member are interested in applying for the program, please call 707-588-9388 or email [email protected]

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Ellienovember: View Post
    I am a single mother as of recently. I have a new baby due in August and my ex partner has put me on the streets. ...
    Last edited by Barry; 06-27-2017 at 11:14 AM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

4. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

Tags (user supplied keywords) for this Thread