Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    arthunter

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

I would like to publicly thank the members of the community who supported my yard sale over the weekend. The proceeds from the sale allowed me to place a wad of cash into the hands of a 70+ gentleman who was down to his last dollar ( through no fault of his own ). The look of relief on his face was priceless and you made this possible. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

3. TopTop #2
    cocreator

Re: Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

You are a beautiful human being

Quote Posted in reply to the post by arthunter: View Post
    I would like to publicly thank the members of the community who supported my yard sale over the weekend. The proceeds from the sale allowed me to place a wad of cash into the hands of a 70+ gentleman who was down to his last dollar ( through no fault of his own ). The look of relief on his face was priceless and you made this possible. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

4. TopTop #3
    arthunter

Oh thanks but I try to help other people because it makes me feel good, so it's really a selfish act.

When I posted my ad for the yard sale an old friend wrote to me who now lives in Burbank senior housing in Sebastopol. She said that many of the residents there run out of food before the end of the month when money gets tight. They are having a huge sale on Saturday, June 3rd from 9-3. Please mark it on your calendar. In this time of corporate greed and corruption we have to take care of each other.

Another friend called me last week who's approaching the Golden years inviting me to leave the country with her. When I asked where she wanted to go, she replied "some where where they respect their elders" ...... Something to think about....

5. Gratitude expressed by 5 members:

6. TopTop #4
    wisewomn

Jude, it's not a selfish act if it's a win-win. :-)

Oh thanks but I try to help other people because it makes me feel good, so it's really a selfish act.

When I posted my ad for the yard sale an old friend wrote to me who now lives in Burbank senior housing in Sebastopol. She said that many of the residents there run out of food before the end of the month when money gets tight. They are having a huge sale on Saturday, June 3rd from 9-3. Please mark it on your calendar. In this time of corporate greed and corruption we have to take care of each other.

Another friend called me last week who's approaching the Golden years inviting me to leave the country with her. When I asked where she wanted to go, she replied "some where where they respect their elders" ...... Something to think about....

7. TopTop #5
    Shandi

Thai people respect their elders, and it's cheap to live there, but it's hot and humid. So, there are other considerations besides that one. Latin countries also seem to respect their elders, and it's cheap to live in many of those places. I have a friend who moved to San Miguel Allende over a year ago, and says she loves it, but it also gets hot.

I wonder what a Google search would show?

As far as running out of food, there are so many food banks. I discovered one in Petaluma, near Mary Issacs, who gives out food 4 days a week from Monday through Thursday from 9am to Noon. You just drive up and they load a box into your car, no questions asked, except "How many in your family?" A lot of fresh stuff. I had to share with others because I didn't have enough room in my section of the frig.

No one should run out of food in this county. I agree that we have to take care of each other. I like the idea of selling something, and giving the proceeds to an individual in need. I have many items that I'll be doing that with. Right now I have a large dog kennel and a sliding screen door that are listed here for sale, to help a friend with medical expenses. She's on MediCal, but her medicines are costing $200 and 300 a month, since she had complications from thyroid surgery.

Oh thanks but I try to help other people because it makes me feel good, so it's really a selfish act. ...
    Last edited by Barry; 05-26-2017 at 11:18 AM.

8. Gratitude expressed by 2 members: