Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    350kitty

Senators Call Out Army Corps on DAPL! Add your name!!

For those of you who missed the wonderful and inspirational talk by Chase Iron Eyes, activist and lead attorney for the Standing Rock Tribe, on Monday at the JC (which was packed and overflowing), we are working on bringing him back to speak during the fall semester at SSU. To be announced later this year! Join our mailing list, and check our Facebook page!

- Sonoma Solidarity with Standing Rock

https://facebook.com/SonomaNoDAPL

[email protected]

----- Forwarded Message -----
    >
    Sent: Thursday, April 6, 2017 2:59 PM
    Subject: BREAKING: Senators Call Out Army Corps on DAPL

We have always known that Mr. Trump’s rapid approval of the Dakota Access pipeline was illegal. Now, the United States Senate is catching on and speaking up. This week, ranking members of the Senate committees on the Environment & Public Works and Energy & Natural Resources finally initiated congressional oversight of the Army Corps of Engineers and its DAPL misconduct.

An official letter drafted by senators Tom Carper (D., Delaware) and Maria Cantwell (D., Washington) calls into question the lack of transparency by the executive branch in its push to complete the pipeline, and demands full documentation of the process—including any and all communications with the Trump transition team and administration.

The documents requested by the Senators could show that the Trump Administration’s fast-tracking of the pipeline was politically motivated—and thus a clear violation of the Administrative Procedures Act. We absolutely must persist in our resistance! I ask that you join the senators in calling the Army Corps and this administration to task, and back their demand for a top-to-bottom documentation of the approval process.

My Standing Rock Tribe is still pursuing a federal court case with the potential to cancel the pipeline’s permits. Now, we must persist because our message has, at last, begun to change minds at the highest levels of government.

I thank you for your thoughts, your words, and your generosity of spirit thus far. My heart is buoyed by your consistent outpouring of love and support for my people and the land we share. Now, we must persist.

Pilamaya! (Thank you)

Chase Iron Eyes
    Lakota People’s Law Project lead counsel

PS: Please continue to stand with our #NoDAPL struggle by demanding the army comply with the senators who wish to safeguard my people and our Grandmother Earth. Let us not accept the executive branch’s collusion in the desecration of the sacred by another careless oil company.

Last edited by Barry; 04-10-2017 at 11:41 AM.
    *** 350ppm *** 350ppm *** Food as Climate Action: Do it now - For everyone you love! *** 350ppm *** 350ppm ***
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by: