Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    FatKatmom

Where did they go?

What has happened to Lao's Strawberry Stand? it looks abandoned...
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2

Re: Where did they go?

This has been a long winter for many of us in agriculture. Our strawberry plants have only a few flowers on them and not much fruit to ripen. Hopefully, he will be back in business soon.

3. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

4. TopTop #3
    Shepherd

Those strawberries are the best. They are not water-logged, as are the bigger strawberries in stores. As with grapes, tomatoes, and other berries, it is best to water-starve them. That concentrates the taste; they end up smaller, not bloated, but better tasted. YUM! YUM!

It is certainly a different year for ag., given the drought, followed by more rain than I have experienced in my 24 years farming here. Our boysenberries have many flowers on them, attracting happy bees. It may be our best crop ever.

Kokopelli Farm offers farm tours for families and groups, as well as a natural place where dogs can play. We also can train people in organic farming practices. We hire people over the summer to harvest berries, after we have taught them "to think like a berry." If this might interest you, we can be reached at 829-8185, where we take calls after 7 a.m., or at [email protected].

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Laguna Farm: View Post
    This has been a long winter for many of us in agriculture. Our strawberry plants have only a few flowers on them and not much fruit to ripen. Hopefully, he will be back in business soon.

5. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

6. TopTop #4
    terijane

Where is the strawberry stand when it's open? I don't live in Sebastopol but I'll drive miles for a good strawberry!

Quote Posted in reply to the post by FatKatmom: View Post

7. TopTop #5
    Wink

Quote Posted in reply to the post by FatKatmom: View Post
    If you drive down Duer Road you'll see acres of young plants. The building took a beating in one of the storms, but once the berries start ripening, he'll be open.

8. Gratitude expressed by: