Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Attn T-Mobile customers - how to get free High Speed tethering and kickback for low usage

(This applies to the T-Mobile One plans, not other T-Mobile plans (such as pre-paid).)

I use T-Mobile cell service. I went to tether it to my laptop to get internet access on my laptop via tethering. Tethering uses your cell phones mobile data connection to create a wi-fi network that your laptop can connect to! Very handy! All providers offer this service. if you don't know how to do it, ask someone for help or google it.

Anywho, I noticed my tethered connection was running very slow (.5 Mbps download). So I checked to see why it was so slow. Turns out their new T-Mobile One plan limits your tethering speed to that by default, but you can increase it to full speed for free!

Logon to your t-Mobile account and then go here (Manage Data Add Ons). Then select this option:

It's currently free! I believe it is a promotion. Don't know when it ends, but do it now! Also, if you go to your account profile, there is an option there to get a kickback of $10 if you use less than 2 GB in any month.

Enjoy!
    Last edited by Barry; 03-08-2017 at 12:19 PM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

3. TopTop #2
    kane

Re: Attn T-Mobile customers - how to get free High Speed tethering and kickback for low us

Thanks Barry,
    I have an older "Simple Choice" plan, already with 6GB data; just wanted to mention what else I like about T-Mobile; I can drop to a lower data plan, from 6GB to 2GB in any given month with no penalty, or jump up to a higher plan, back and forth as needed.
    With ATT, this would cost you, plus they'd add "change charges". And ATT charges $30-40 additional for device tethering, while it's included with T-Mobile.
    ATT REALLY needs the competition T-Mobile is giving them!

Also, with T-Mobile, you can get a data card (SIM) for an iPad or Tablet, and even if you don't buy any monthly GB, you get 200MB free data every month! so you can always have basic connectivity without having to have a contract or a monthly fee. You simply buy a T-Mobile Data SIM to get started; you can use and add data as needed, if needed, or just use the free 200MB each month. I top it upto use when we travel, but mostly it sits with the small free amount of data.
    This feature is not well-known.
    On their site, look for "Bring Your Own Tablet" to see the data plans or to buy a SIM Card.

Walmart has a cheap T-Mobi Data SIM card, but activating is a little more challenging, and support via T-Mobi store on College is different than you'd get if you buy it at their store(which is fair). The College store has usually gotten my data cards activated within 15 minutes.

I do not work or have any connection with T-Mobi, other than as a satisfied customer.

Over and Out
    Kane
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

4. Gratitude expressed by: