Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1

Hole in the Wall - FAKE NEWS

FAKE NEWS
    I just talked to Adam at Hole in the Wall to find out when they were closing. They have no plans to close at this time. These are rumors as are the apparent rumors that he is about to die of a heart attack. It has been a difficult winter financial and it is a fact that they lost $16,000 of food during the power outage and only $3,000 was coverd by insurance. They are struggling financially, but at this time they they are doing OK.

If you love Adam and Amy's wonderful and very reasonably priced restaurant support them with your patronage, so they will be around for years to come.
    Tofu Larry
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    cocreator

Re: Hole in the Wall - FAKE NEWS

The food is delicious; the portions, generous. So glad they're staying open!

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Tofu Larry: View Post
    FAKE NEWS
    I just talked to Adam at Hole in the Wall to find out when they were closing. They have no plans to close at this time....

3. TopTop #3
    gypsey

The "fake news" about Hole in the Wall has been going on for some time now on Nextdoor Sebastopol etc.
    If it was not true, why didn't Adam speak up before? I am confused.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Tofu Larry: View Post
    FAKE NEWS
    I just talked to Adam at Hole in the Wall to find out when they were closing. They have no plans to close at this time. ...
    Last edited by Barry; 02-19-2017 at 10:49 AM.

4. TopTop #4

I do not know the answer, but I am guessing it is because he is too busy running a restaurant to spend time on all these sites. He seemed glad that I was going to post the information for him.

Tofu Larry

Quote Posted in reply to the post by gypsey: View Post
    The "fake news" about Hole in the Wall has been going on for some time now on Nextdoor Sebastopol etc.
    If it was not true, why didn't Adam speak up before? I am confused.

5. Gratitude expressed by:

6. TopTop #5
    ywv
    Supporting Member

Replying as the original poster to:
    Tofu Larry
    I talked with Adam on all information face to face. For the first, second and now this the thirds posting. What he said to me each of those times are that generated my posts and personal emails to personal friends and acquaintances.
    At the time of the second post and the emails, Adam had told me he had just put his last 19,000 dollars into the business, and he said as I quoted that if business didn't pick up he and Amy would have to close their doors in a month. Which was the reason for the emails and my posting on WaccoBB.

I was in there on this past Friday, the 17 of February, business had been flourishing, since Tuesday, up to Thursday he hadn't thought he'd have been able to make last that Friday's payroll.

He was telling people while I was sitting there he didn't know how the "rumour" got started and he didn't and doesn't.
    He didn't ask me or even know I was spreading the word. However, I couldn't sit back and watch this wonderful business that will hopefully be celebrating it's Sixth Anniversary in this Spring, close.

When all that needed to be done was to let the customers who love the food and appreciate the local owners, know how close to the edge they were.

If we keep those tables full until the season starts again in April, two hard working people who have suffered a horrible ten months, with Adam not being able to work for six months, because of an on the job injury and then the power outage can stay doing what they love creating the food we love.

Peace, Yvette
    Last edited by Barry; 02-19-2017 at 10:50 AM.

7. Gratitude expressed by 5 members:

8. TopTop #6
    Diane Darling

Yahoo! I'm so happy! Now let's save Subway.

9. TopTop #7
    Beanie

Really?

Quote Posted in reply to the post by ywv: View Post
    replying as the original poster to:
    Tofu larry
    i talked with adam on all information face to face. For the first, second and now this the thirds posting. ...