Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

Thread: LSD Microdosing
  • Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

LSD Microdosing

There was a recent article in the New York Times about microdosing LSD ("How LSD Saved One Woman’s Marriage). I was pretty impressed that they gray lady was turning on!

That got me interested. With a little further research, I found a good article on Huffington Post ("Everything You Wanted To Know About Microdosing (But Were Afraid To Ask)") and article on Forbes ("LSD Microdosing: The New Job Enhancer In Silicon Valley And Beyond?") which includes the excellent embedded video.

While I've enjoyed the occasional trip as an exploratory vacation, I haven't microdosed yet as part of normal productive life. Have you??
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 5 members:

3. TopTop #2
    Ronaldo

Re: LSD Microdosing

Clearly using these psychoactive drugs can have benefits.
    In my opinion waiting for further results of the research, especially with the use of LSD would be more prudent. LSD doses are so minute to begin with that only credentialed chemists or doctors should be trusted with packaging correct dosages as reactions to LSD can vary greatly and a "bad trip" is just not worth it.
    In my opinion psilociybin is safer and more natural than acid and it's far easier to determine what constitutes a small dose. I've not heard of anyone using small doses of peyote.
    Jesse Singal presents a thoughtful article on psilocybin here.

The use of ayahuasca for healing by Amazon rainforest tribes was not addressed. Below is a link to information about it:
    https://ayahuascahealings.com/

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Barry: View Post
    There was a recent article in the New York Times about microdosing LSD ("How LSD Saved One Woman’s Marriage). I was pretty impressed that they gray lady was turning on!

That got me interested. With a little further research, I found a good article on Huffington Post ("Everything You Wanted To Know About Microdosing (But Were Afraid To Ask)") and article on Forbes ("LSD Microdosing: The New Job Enhancer In Silicon Valley And Beyond?") which includes the excellent embedded video.

While I've enjoyed the occasional trip as an exploratory vacation, I haven't microdosed yet as part of normal productive life. Have you??

4. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

5. TopTop #3
    oldbaldman

About a month after this thread started, Ayelet Waldman spoke at the City Arts and Lectures series in San Francisco about her book "A Really Good Day: How Microdosing Made a Mega Difference in My Mood, My Marriage and My Life". The talk will be broadcast on KQED radio or KQED.org on April 9. I read the book recently and while the writing is a bit cutesy for my taste, she does a good job making the subject accessible to the mainstream, which is very important IMO, microdosing proponent that I am, and covers all the ins and outs, (and what-have-you's) of the process, along with drug war history, etc.

I haven't microdosed with LSD but I have with psilocybin, peyote, and with an ayahuasca anolog brew at different times in the interest of science. I've found all three to produce very beneficial results with respect to mood, focus, and energy. I stick with the same Fadiman protocol that Waldman used: microdose = one tenth of a normal psychoactive dose every third day, that is, dose, skip two days, dose...No downside in my experience. The peyote micros are especially nice when backpacking, really enhances energy and endurance. Of course it is so precious that this is not something I'm in a position to do as an ongoing practice. In the wonderful book "Amada's Blessings from the Peyote Gardens of South Texas" By Stacy Schaeffer about Amada Cardenas who is practically a patron saint to the NAC, Amada's practice in her senior years of nibbling a little peyote every day is described. She lived to be 101.

The dosage problem with LSD can be managed by acquiring liquid LSD, consisting of 100 micrograms per drop, then diluting 10:1 so that 1 drop is 10 mikes, or 20:1 so 5 mikes per drop. The dream is that there will be dispensaries some day where this material is available legally. Don't laugh, back in the 60's cannabis dispensaries were a pothead's pipe dream; "Hey maann, someday we'll be able to buy pot at a store just like booze!", "Yeah, quit bogarting the joint my friend."

6. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

7. TopTop #4
    SonomaPatientsCoop

Albert Hofmann had speculated that 10micrograms of lsd would be a wonderful anti-depressant.

I find it fascinating (and disturbing0 that in the US it is now easier to get DEA approval to do studies with MDMA ( "ecstasy" ) and psilocybin ( 'magic mushrooms" ) then it is for cannabis.

Worldwide we are seeing amazing studies with LSD, MDMA, Psilocybin, Ayahuasca...and to a lesser extent DMT, Ketamine, and others.

I highly (no pun intended) recommend folks consider the MAPS conference coming up in Oakland late April- https://www.psychedelicscience.org and https://maps.org . It is as eye opening as the substances themselves.

And finally- and sadly, in this day and age I caution everyone to know what they are actually ingesting. I have seen too many bad experiences over the past number of years- including from people older and more experienced then myself. For decades there was mostly LSD and DOM (aka stp) - now there are at a large number of substances being passed off as LSD. And other substances- from MDMA to Heroin are increasingly cut with or subsituted entirely with other substances.

A project of Erowid and some other fine folks allows submission of samples and testing by a DEA licensed lab (DDL) in Sacramento- https://www.ecstasydata.org . Be safe out there...

8. Gratitude expressed by 4 members: