Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #31
    Scott McKeown

Re: Julia Bystrova's postings from Standing Rock

UPDATE: Julia Bystrova has arrived back in Sebastopol last night direct from Standing Rock.

We are organizing an event for this coming Monday evening (12/19) at the Sebastopol Grange hall where Julia will be sharing her personal experiences and photos. She will be returning back to Standing Rock soon.

Julia's experiences and observations from having been right in the middle of the Standing Rock events over the past many weeks are powerfully compelling. Please come and become a part of the movement.

More details forthcoming.

Here is Julia's latest posting:

11 hrs

What is spiritual warfare? That term has been used a lot in respect to Standing Rock and many other 'front lines" on our planet. It can be a personal battle or a group struggle, but the aim is to win freedom from the influence of dark and damaging intentions and efforts. I sometimes question the term: "warfare" and "battle" because as long as one is fighting, there will be something to fight against. Our very fighting sets up a resistance. But this is where the "spritiual" comes in. It is "prayer resistance" to the psychic and spiritual influences that assult us daily and is very real.

We do not engage in conflict, we take a stand for what we want to invite in, to nourish. It is about loving your enemy, not fighting them. But this takes even more strength and courage than fighting. It takes being free of fear, being so clear and clean in our heart that we cannot be swayed by the tactics of deceit or fear. This takes time and humble consistent effort. This is the time for all Spirit warriors to awaken to the task at hand, to strengthen their resolve, to open and allow the courage of their hearts to shine forth. We are in a spiritual 'battle' on the planet, and there are basically three choices any of us have in how to respond: become one of those serving the lies, be in denial or fear (and do little or nothing), or make a commitment to be healed and to heal so that you can step up to the plate and be used by Spirit to serve the greater cause.

Spirit warriors are not perfect, but they do share one thing: commitment. We WILL get through this dark and mucky time, though who knows how long it will take or how much more damage will happen. When you consciously choose the side of revolutionary love, everything becomes clear, and bright despite the challenges.

Last edited by Barry; 12-14-2016 at 01:20 PM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

3. TopTop #32
    Scott McKeown

. .
    Julia is back in West County. Here are a few of her reflections since she has returned. There is an event this coming Monday evening 12/19 at the Sebastopol Grange where Julia and others from Standing Rock will be sharing their experiences. Details in the follow up posting.
    ________________________________________________________________________________________

13 hrs

I am very grateful to be given a view into not only the inspirational revolutionary activities of the front lines, but also into the underbelly of the reservation-- the effects of the historical trauma such as domestic abuse, addictions and suicide--rates far higher than outside the reservations. This is the stuff we must face, must make amends for as a nation. This is the time for healing, and this is the time for coming together. This is the time for counteracting all the zenophobia and racism surfacing in our country with radical inclusion, radical healing of the effect of colonialism, slavery, supremisism. We must have an even louder voice than all those who would oppress. And radical inclusion means that we even include the oppressor.

12 hrs

Supremacism and racism is really just cultural narcissism. Narcissim is an effect of deep insecurity. Our country further supports this narcissim by giving us messages from a consumer mindset-- material things and power/control will fill the deep hole in our heart. When this doesn't fill the hole, insecurity grows and grows and becomes a monster. A monster so removed in consciousness from the pain of its own disconnect. That deep hole in our hearts can really can only be filled by being in loving connection with others, and whatever you consider or call the Great Spirit of all life.
    ________________________________________________________________________________________

4. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

5. TopTop #33
    Scott McKeown

Stories direct from Standing Rock — at the Sebastopol Grange Monday evening 12/19

Local Sebastopol resident Julia Bystrova has just returned from Standing Rock in North Dakota having lived in the main Oceti Sakowin Camp for over a month as part of the medic and healers team. Julia will be returning back to Standing Rock sometime during the next several weeks.

This coming Monday evening December 19 at the Sebastopol Grange hall, you are invited to come and hear Julia share stories and photos from her time at Standing Rock. Julia will give an update of what is happening at Standing Rock, share her experiences of serving with the medic and healers team at the main camp, and explore some of the deeper spiritual dimensions of what she experienced during her time at Standing Rock.

Joining Julia will be Adam Villagomez who will be contributing Native American song as well as sharing his own personal experience as a Dakota/Chippewa Native American living at Standing Rock for a while in November with his wife and three sons.

Other local folks who have been to Standing Rock are also invited to come and share their experience.

Sebastopol Grange hall (on Hwy 12 just east of Sebastopol)
    Monday, December 19
    Event begins at 7:30 PM
    $10 donation requested

All donations to go 1/3 to the Standing Rock medic and healers fund, 1/3 to help fund Julia’s return trip to Standing Rock, and 1/3 to the Sebastopol Grange hall to help support our local community Grange to continue to host such events as this one.

Bringing light snacks and drink to share is encouraged.

This event is co-sponsored by the Sebastopol Grange and Waccobb.net.

Photo by Julia Bystrova

Name:  Standing Rock_Julia photo smaller.jpg
Views: 1140
Size:  143.6 KB

Last edited by Barry; 12-15-2016 at 02:11 PM.

6. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

7. TopTop #34
    Scott McKeown

Here are a few selected postings from Julia Bystrova since she recently returned to Sebastopol from having lived at the main Standing Rock camp for over a month. Julia will be speaking at the Sebastopol Grange this Monday night 12/19 at 7:30 PM about her experiences.

December 15 at 9:16am

Amazing people came through medic camp, people from all over the world. There's the guy who was a martial artist at the level of Chuck Norris, hiding out as a medic. He said he was advised not to go to the front line because he would get triggered into his training and take out a number of cops. So he stayed and helped people instead. Then there was the Korean healer that went around getting lists of names and doing a mass energy healing on everyone on that list. Then there was the young petite woman with a blazing superwoman outfit who stood in defiance at the front lines, no fear. I am in awe of how many truly good hearted people there are on this planet. Not perfect, still have stuff, still make mistakes. But really good hearted and badass in different ways. Sort of like many of those in my home community.

December 15 at 9:38am

The front lines are everywhere. Each pipeline that goes through is an investment in a future of fossil fuel. Oil is what so many have been and are continuing to be killed over. But to stop them means we have to stop them in all the ways they show up in our life. I just read a friend's post about how angry he is that there is still so much denial around climate change. It is happening and we can't wait for the foxes in charge of the hen house to have any reason to help. WE have to do it now. My friend wrote "just pick a thing and do it", I agree. It could be getting off the grid, planting a garden, educating children, promoting clean energy, bringing community together. Find what suits your skills and lifestyle and commit to your part. The front lines are everywhere.

8 hrs

Water is life... and so is Breath. Many campers, including myself, have been suffering from severe respiratory issues, deep lung stuff, hard to breathe at times. Especially those of us who have been exposed to mace. Many of us are still recovering from this lung thing even though we may have left the camp. I can't help but note the symbolism of having our breath affected, just as water is the symbol of the feminine, breath is the symbol of spirit. Spirit comes through our songs, our prayers--our voice. Yet our voice now reaches far beyond what lungs can power. Our lives, our hearts, our spirits combine in a voice that cannot be stifled or put out. Our bodies also sing. They sing as part of the choir of these times. And if for some reason even my body cannot sing, many others will sing for me, The choir of change must continue. Our breath will not be cut off. Spirit is with us.

6 hrs

Many women are joining in dreams. My sister spirit warriors and I share a similar inner landscape. One where sometimes we are granted sight of White Buffalo Calf woman, or Mary Magdalene, or Tara, or many others. These signs and symbols in our dream life connect us. There is a deep subterranean river flowing through the collective consciousness. She is spirit, she is the divine feminine. She beckons us to her shores. She invites us to be brave enough to step all the way into her rushing waters. We are joining all across the globe, women and men, in space and time and in other realms. This is real, it is happening.

Last edited by Barry; 12-18-2016 at 02:02 PM.

8. Gratitude expressed by 8 members:

9. TopTop #35
    santoshimatajaya
    Supporting Member

seems that when the new technologies are fully ready and working strong, successfully, affordably
    the Replacements will be obvious
    and can then move fully into gear

until then,
    the old system
    is going to continue

it's not about Fighting
    it is about Recognizing
    Perceiving
    the Realities
    of where folks in the old system are at
    as they are living beings, with their set of capacities and limitiations

it is about coming up with real workable solutions
    and putting them into play
    upgrades are recognized and utilized

in the case of fossil fuels
    the new technologies need to be ready enough and functional enough
    and then prove themselves
    so that people with get on board
    and the change will take place

this is one idea, anyway
    always open to respectful feedback

the realms of Truth you are touching into
    living from
    connecting through and with
    are the biggest part, the most significant part of this revoluitonary process

your voice is very significant
    keep singing
    meaning, to us~

Last edited by Barry; 12-18-2016 at 02:04 PM.

10. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

11. TopTop #36
    JuliaB

Hello Dear Community,

As you all know by now, I am back in town and resting up. I want to deeply thank Scott McKeown for his initiative in posting my Facebook posts and then later, hosting me and other Standing Rock folks at the Grange. I also want to thank Barry and Linda here for their support.
    I'd like keep staying in touch with all of you as we continue to follow what is happening at SR, even as the media has lost attention--the battle goes on. Additionally, I am convinced that this subject is so important and relevant for everyone who wants to know how we are going to make it on the planet.

I am still processing so much around my visit there, there were so many layers and complexities to the movement. Pick any thread and tug on the whole tapestry: water issues, land and treaty rights, historical trauma and oppression, race relations, community living, sustainable building/living, cultural interface, media angles, climate change issues, corporate control issues, financial management, legal issues, human and personal relations, spirituality and belief systems, leadership, collaboration and cooperation, and on and on.

I will be returning there sometime in January and hope to raise funds for the healer/prayer space which so many are finding crucial as an anchor to all that is happening. Without prayer and healing as the central aspect of all that we are doing, I believe we would be lost. But having Spirit as the core, we live together with a greater trust that things will work out and that the pipeline will be stopped. This trust keeps us going when many would have given up.
    Its such a huge ship to steer, but many things that are being figured out there could be helpful guides for all those who want to recreate community in their own backyards, with their own unique issues.

And lastly for now, I am trying to raise funds. There are two main causes. I am returning and want to bring firewood, propane and supplies. There is also a great need to keep a rotating hotel room bought for those in camp who are sick or in need of a break. To donate towards this, you can go here, (contributions are tax deductable):
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=BBJD9B8F3C8YQ

We also are launching a crowdfunding campaign to buy a mobile healing space. This space will be used to go to other places in need, reservations or pipeline protests, when it is no longer needed at Standing Rock.
    Mobile Healing Space fundraiser
    https://www.youcaring.com/eraofcare-721858

And lastly, for now I will leave off here with a great video Unify made when I was there--I was pretty much everywhere this person filming was. Catch my mug at the end, holding the sage. For those who aren't on facebook, I am still trying to find a better link

https://www.facebook.com/unify/videos/1355167394494848/

with deep care, Julia
    Last edited by JuliaB; 12-28-2016 at 11:57 AM.

12. TopTop #37
    JuliaB

Dear Friends,
    this video has a good general background on what led up to and continues with the Pipeline Protest, as well as the struggle for Indigenous rights in general. Well worth the watch!
    love Julia

13. TopTop #38
    JuliaB

Quote Posted in reply to the post by santoshimatajaya: View Post
    seems that when the new technologies are fully ready and working strong, successfully, affordably
    the Replacements will be obvious
    and can then move fully into gear

until then,
    the old system
    is going to continue

it's not about Fighting
    it is about Recognizing...
    thank you for this perspective and I want to say that I do agree, that we need to be focusing on the alternatives. In fact, that has really been my mantra-- build the new and we'll just outgrow the old.

I still believe this, and I want to confess I have had trouble with the whole idea of "fighting" and "protesting" and yet, here I am finding myself in the middle of it. Why? Because i feel the trauma and the pain of those who just need a chance to get out from under the thumb, so they CAN build the new. We are addicted to oil, all of us. And just like a drug addict or alcoholic has to have that day when they quit, if they want to live, it takes saying "No!" to that thing that is killing us. Then we turn ourselves to life, to healing.

So at Standing Rock, we, they, are saying "No!" , we won't stand by anymore as you steal our land, pollute our water and our food, rape and oppress us. We will say no. And it is not just for Standing Rock, it is for everywhere, all of us, a "No!" for ALL the pipelines, and all the coalmines, and all the places where our mother is scarred and hurting. It is speaking no to the face of a a long time perpetrator. However, we have to recognize the perpetrator seeds have been planted in us. And if we don't face our own shadow, our own ways we repress ourselves, then we will never be free.

This is a complicated, and long time battle. It began a very long time ago and it may not end any time soon or in our lifetime. But it is the collective voice of the indigenous, those who do have a cultural legacy of loving and caring for the earth. It is a rising up like a child who has watched its mother being battered one too many times and facing the abuser. This is the courage being called upon from all of us.

This isn't a easy time, the patriarchy, the fossil fuel oligarchy, the corporatocracy, will get more ugly. We must do both: say "No" and then build better ways. And then commit to living them.

My thoughts for now. And by no means conclusive.
    Julia

14. TopTop #39
    JuliaB

What is something I learned from Standing Rock?

Because of our deep conditioning with movies and media, I think most of us harbor a hope or wish that someone somewhere will step in and save us. Some superman or superwoman, who is super smart and super good, will step in and make things right. Well, the biggest surprise in the collective consciousness of the American people is the realization that the superperson is us. I do believe many are waking up to this. I say hurrah!-- let the sleeping giant of self-empowered changemakers-- who put working together in loving and ethical ways first--awaken and carry forth!

Let us go forth, good people
    I am happy to be in your company

15. Gratitude expressed by 7 members: