Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Shandi

How to Transform BLACK Friday into LIGHT Friday-CORRECTION

From my friend Marya Mann, who some of you may know. She was a part of our community, and taught Yoga Dance along with Quantum Leap Creativity. Several years ago she moved to the Big Island, and has been leading a project called ArtWaves for children where they make beautiful banners to sell. Marya also organizes donations of food and volunteers, so children along with their families, can attend a dinner. This is her recent article in the November newsletter. Her newsletter link is at the bottom:

Just received this update from Marya:

… Light every day of the week...

I just got off phone listening to the White House comments line recording say they would open on Monday. When I called on Thursday, the recording said they would be open tomorrow, Friday, today. But they are not. So… Light Friday will continue through Monday, to be Light Monday, and then Light Tuesday, and on and on. So please call 1-202-456-1111 in the coming week, beginning on Monday, November, 28th.

Showering our messages on the Presidential comments line matters, but it is only one part of our steadfast effort to confront and stop the poisoning of water at Standing Rock, Flint, Michigan, and everywhere that the powers of greed have lost all sense of proportion and sanity. There’s more to do every day to help our ailing planet. Please join me in making effort to support our planet and Nourish the Children. We must remain steadfast in standing up for clean air, water, and land and the future of our children.

Thank YOU so much for your comments and spreading the message of Light Friday and Saving Our Water. Your vision, effort, and compassion matters!

PLEASE DONATE: You can send support to the camps in various ways - online, through PayPal, or by check.

DONATE: You can send support to the camps in various ways - online, through PayPal, or by check.

Sacred Stone Camp
    Via PayPal: [email protected]
    Mailing Address:
    Sacred Stone Camp
    P.O. Box 1011
    Fort Yates, ND 58538

Sacred Stone Legal Defense
    Via PayPal: [email protected]
    "Donate Online":https://fundrazr.com/sacredstone
    Mailing Address:
    Please make checks out to "Freshet Collective" 3941 23rd Ave. S Minneapolis MN, 55407 Send Supplies and Labor

Standing Rock Winter Tipis -- Linda Satchell’s Volunteer Effort Donate Here Now -- https://www.gofundme.com/2rqrguak

Support all those who are Protecting the Earth and Standing Up for Standing Rock, working at the intersection of extractive industries, violence against women and indigenous groups, and environmental genocide.

RISE UP
    · Sign petitions, continue to activate across social media
    · Write Letters to the Editor
    · Contact your elected officials
    · Divest your money from banks supporting and explain why.
    (for a list of banks funding DAPL, visit: https://www.yesmagazine.org/people-power/how-to-contact-the-17-banks-funding-the-dakota-access-pipeline-20160929
    What One Light Friday Can Do | Peaceful Resistance

(The image is one from my Fire Artcollection)

On NOVEMBER 25TH, 2016, CELEBRATE LIGHT FRIDAY

I hear their cries. Do you? Can we celebrate Thanksgiving with a clear conscience knowing the rights of indigenous people -- and of all people to have clean water -- are being disrespected?

Thanksgiving used to be considered a time to celebrate the peaceful cooperation of Native Americans and European immigrants.

Today, we face one of the most glaring wounds of the United States, the ongoing environmental genocide of our Native American elders by corporate greed and broken treaties.

Thanksgiving is a time of gratitude, and I want to tell you how grateful I am for you, dear reader. Whether you come to study Yoga and the Quantum Arts with me, you have purchased my book or video, or you are an ally, colleague, or friend - or you are all of these -- whether you knew it or not, you supported the non-profit work I do with ArtWavEs Nourish the Children. I appreciate that we can complete the full circle of love and giving through sharing. I would like to invite you to expand the full circle of love a little further with me on the first Light Friday, the antidote to Black Friday.

TRANSFORM BLACK FRIDAY INTO LIGHT FRIDAY

Fire up the White House Phone Lines. Declare Black Friday lives no longer.. It’s time for Light Friday! We all know Black Friday is a commercial hoax to profit large corporations by seducing people into thinking they need more stuff.

Light Friday is exactly the opposite – it's a day to fire up the inner light, to rest assured we are enough and we have enough, and to use the light sabers at our fingertips to phone into the White House this Friday, November 24th. Light up the Presidential switchboard with comments to Barack Obama, asking him to do everything he can to halt the Dakota Access Pipeline (DAPL), part of the larger plan for the Keystone Pipeline that most Americans don’t want.

Why is it we’re investing in more fossil fuels instead of clean solar, wind and hydropower projects? So a few people can make excessive amounts of money. For a few to profit, for state-sponsored forces to be allowed to use excessive violence and police harassment against our Native American elder cultures in North Dakota?

The Water Protectors at Standing Rock who have gathered to create Sacred Stone Camp oppose the poisoning of people and natural resources. Our planet has suffered enough. Indigenous people have suffered enough. Water Protectors are the doctors who are staunching one of the largest wounds in North America: the on going genocide of the Native American people.

DAPL will, if it’s allowed to go through, further contaminate the drinking water for 18 million people, poison the Ogallala Aquifer, and carry contaminants from the Missouri to the Mississippi and down to the Gulf of Mexico, a body of water already beset by large dead zones from the BP oil spill.

For weeks, the main highway to the Standing Rock Sioux Reservation has been cut off, according to Linda Satchell, my brave West Hawaii friend who has invested in a tipi to help maintain the presence of Protectors during the cold winter months..

When she was at Sacred Stone Camp last month, DAPL private security forces used mace and vicious attack dogs against the peaceful protestors, “women and children who have no guns, only prayer,” Linda said. “The DAPL people intentionally tried to provoke violence. When company workers bulldozed gravesites on sacred land, we formed peace walks, not marches.”

She described a spirit fire in the center of the Sacred Stone encampment that never goes out. Thousands of people from all over the world have joined perhaps the largest prayer circle ever organized.

Some come to the site physically; others come in heart and mind; more are donating to the cause and calling the White House on Light Friday.

With winter coming, the main highway still cut off, and no movement by the state to address a public safety risk, a peaceful gathering last Sunday was met with police spraying people with water cannons in 26- degree weather. That water is a deadly force in freezing weather.

“They want to kill people for clearing a road? When will our cries be heard? Stop the Dakota Access,” wrote Tara Houska, a director for Honor the Earth.

Do you hear their cries? Act now! The White House Phone number for Light Friday is 202.456.1111.

BUT THERE'S MORE TO THE STORY....For talking points, John Denver's advice, AUTHENTIC ways to contribute to Standing Rock, and a list of banks to boycott, please go to www.maryamann.com/blog/thanking-native-elders-phone-obama-on-light-friday/

Thank YOU for sharing your light!
    Blessings, Marya
    Last edited by Shandi; 11-25-2016 at 07:09 AM. Reason: correct information
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email