Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Shandi

Would you feed your pets food made from crickets?

This is an edited copy of my response on www.TruthAboutPetFood.com

Well, we know that cats eat a variety of life forms, and mine has eaten crickets that have gotten into our house, along with lizards, mice, birds, etc. all without AAFCO/FDA’s approval. And we also know that dogs seem to like to eat cat poop, also not approved! I would want to know what other ingredients are included and the nutrient breakdown.

As far as not being approved by the AAFCO and the FDA, let’s not forget that many pet foods that WERE approved have killed our pets! Do we really trust them to protect our pets? Look at how they respond to Susan Thixton's inquires.

I’ve recently purchased protein bars that were made with crickets, and a friend is thinking about raising them for food products. Consider the possibilities that this may actually be a step towards more sustainability, and less dependence on livestock.

Americans are going to be forced with transition that is considered normal in other countries. Food is just one aspect of that. In a crisis situation where food is scarce, crickets may be a life saver for us and our pets!
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by: