Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Shepherd

Bohemian endorses Noreen Evans in the 5th & Litwin & Carnacchi in Sebastopol

This week's Bohemian endorses Noreen Evans, p. 17. It does not slam either candidate. It assert that "the scores of environmental groups that have endorsed her will hold her feet to the fire" if she does not champion "open space, family farms, and beautiful coastline." It adds that Hopkins "support from the real estate industry, business interests and numerous wineries gives us pause. That money does not come for free."

It also endorses write-in Candidate Craig Litwin and Michael Carnacchi in the Sebastopol City Council race. It reports on the positive attributes of each of the 4 candidates, concluding that "Litwin served the city council from 2000 to 2008 and therefore brings on-the-job experience." I would add that this local election has even more importance given the potential struggles after whichever presidential candidate wins. I expect considerable chaos here in the U.S. "Carnacchi gets our support because he has done his homework" and "can intelligently insert himself in the conversation about policy thanks to his active participation in city decisions."

This "Election Issue" also includes a 2016 Voter Guide on the propositions, measures, and other key issues in both Sonoma and Napa counties. Wine columnist James Knight writes an excellent "No Frankenwine? What Measure M has to do with Merlot." He concludes by quoting organic wine maker and Measure M supporter Lou Preston as saying "Genetic engineering is a proprietary process endowing ownership and control over living organisms. I am opposed to that."
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 2 members: