Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Investigative Reporter

Trump Manifests Everything Wrong with American Men and Shames Our Gender

My latest Huffington Post column-original here (from Jonathan Greenberg)

Donald Trump brings shame to our entire gender. He is the living, fire-breathing, fear-evoking, hate-mongering, violence-threatening, racist, misogynistic, xenophobic, avaricious, insecure, intolerant, egomaniacal, bombastic, braggadocios, greedy manifestation of everything that is wrong with American men.

In the presidential debate, Trump modeled all of the worst qualities associated with male behavior.

Donald Trump is an embarrassment to the American man. His racist, sexist remarks to Miss Universe, Venezuelan Alicia Machado, whom he referred to as “Miss Piggy” or “”Miss Housekeeper,” was only one of four shocking takeaways from this election’s first presidential debate. If there are any men reading this who find it challenging to understand how such comments impact women, please listen to Ms. Machado herself:

Another shocker, as this column providing a debate transcript demonstrates, was how utterly unprepared and incoherent Donald Trump is when talking about anything of substance. Even more shocking was the revelation that Donald Trump is proud that he pays virtually no taxes on hundreds of millions of dollars of income each year, while the rest of us support the government he tears down, because, as he said interrupting Clinton, “I’m smart.”

Here is the most startling revelation of all: More than 40% of our fellow Americans, and probably a majority of white men, will still actually vote for Trump in six weeks, despite what we just witnessed.

This, despite the fact that Donald Trump’s ignorance, arrogance, entitlement and rudeness is unprecedented by any presidential candidate in American history. Donald Trump is a national embarrassment for men and for our nation. His victory would turn our government into a disaster of unprecedented proportions. During the primaries, I wrote extensively here on my Huffington Post blog about my strong preference for Bernie Sanders, as well as my concerns about Hillary Clinton and some of her positions.

But there is no comparison between Clinton and Trump. At this stage, the purported advantage of voting Green or Libertarian because of a “moral equivalency” between Hillary and Donald, especially in swing states, sounds foolish and dangerous.

We American men are better than Donald Trump.

This November 8, let’s vote to end this embarrassment and join our mothers, sisters, daughters and friends in electing Hillary Clinton to be the first woman President of the United States.

Last edited by Barry; 09-29-2016 at 07:48 PM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

3. TopTop #2
    Star Man

Re: Trump Manifests Everything Wrong with American Men and Shames Our Gender

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Peacetown Jonathan: View Post
    My latest Huffington Post column-original here (from Jonathan Greenberg)

Donald Trump brings shame to our entire gender. He is the living, fire-breathing, fear-evoking, hate-mongering, violence-threatening, racist, misogynistic, xenophobic, avaricious, insecure, intolerant, egomaniacal, bombastic, braggadocios, greedy manifestation of everything that is wrong with American men.
    Jane Goodall nailed it when she said Trump is like a chimpanzee engaging in dominance displays. Among chimpanzees, the males that rise fastest and highest and stay longest in the hierarchy are the ones who throw leaves the best or brandish sticks the most fiercely. Trump throws great verbal leaf piles into the air, slaps his hands on the ground, makes simian faces, and howls like a monkey while others are talking. Goodall said that Trump reminded her most of "Mike" a chimpanzee who achieved dominance by banging kerosene cans together. The troop of chimpanzees liked that.

Sadly, the people supporting Trump are no different from the troop of chimpanzees. When Trump interrupts Hillary or fat-shames Machado or tells yet another lie, the chimps in the troop all hoot with glee. Some of the chimpanzees in the troop are like those zoo chimps who throw feces at the visitors.

4. Gratitude expressed by:

5. TopTop #3
    Investigative Reporter

In light of the latest revelations, i updated my recent HuffPost column

with this:

Donald Trump brings shame to our entire gender. He is the living, fire-breathing, fear-evoking, hate-mongering, violence-threatening, sexist, racist, misogynistic, xenophobic, avaricious, insecure, intolerant, egomaniacal, bombastic, braggadocios, greedy sexual harassing manifestation of everything that is wrong with American men.

In the presidential debate, Donald Trump modeled all of the worst qualities associated with male behavior. The latest revelation about his degrading attitude toward women are even worse. He has become a national embarrassment for men and for our nation.

This hard-hitting column by Emma Gray here in the Huffington post call Trump’s comments about women, “Rape Culture in a Nutshell.” My 80-year old mother observed, “In most modern nations Trump would be in prison by now, not running for President.”

During my decades of experience as an investigative journalist, I have interviewed thousands of men. I have never heard someone speak with such sexist disdain, and such a sense of entitlement, as what Donald Trump said to Billy Bush in 2005 in the video that you can hear on this page. The last time I heard this type of talk I was a teenager, and the lewd jerks who said things like that never became my friends....

read more at HuffPost here

6. Gratitude expressed by 6 members:

7. TopTop #4
    JayS

Speak for yourself. I am not ashamed to be a man. Donald Trump only embarrasses himself, brings shame on himself, and offers an example of what kind of man NOT to be. He is a buffoon and an embarrassment to this COUNTRY, men, women, children, dogs, cats etc etc etc.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Peacetown Jonathan: View Post
    In light of the latest revelations, i updated my recent HuffPost column

Last edited by Barry; 10-10-2016 at 04:29 PM.

8. Gratitude expressed by 3 members: