Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    geomancer

Parting of the Ways

I know that many of you have mixed feelings about who to vote for in the coming election. It goes without saying that the folks on WACCO are an eccentric group, and I know that more then a few of you may be planning to vote for the Libertarian or Green candidate, perhaps even, Goddess forgive, Trump himself.

Our country, indeed the Earth itself, faces a parting-of-the-ways with profound historical consequences. One way leads to division, hatred, racism, fear and greed. The other way leads (incrementally) to more loving communities, social and economic justice, and the healing of the planet.

Great archetypal forces are at play in this election. Trump is a skilled demagogue who embodies the Strict Father taken to a pathological extreme: the Bully and Conman with ambitions to become the Tyrant.

Trump is the avatar of the Father of Lies. Therein lies his power and appeal to the gullible.

Woe unto this nation if he is elected, because without the power of veto to hold them back, the radical Republican Congress will run unchecked and undo much of the progressive legislation passed since the time of FDR. Don’t kid yourselves, it all will go on the chopping block: women’s reproductive freedom, environmental protections, civil rights, public lands, Medicare and Social Security, all this and more. You can forget about changing our economy to address climate change. Literally and figuratively, our world will be toast.

Hillary Clinton embodies the Wise Woman, the Warrior, and the benevolent Mother. Her great intelligence and deep knowledge of the political issues facing us is legendary. All her life she has been a fighter for social justice. Indeed, there is no way that she could have gotten this far without embodying the Warrior. The patriarchal powers that have controlled this world for millennia are arrayed against her, and they will not go down without a fight.

If I were to identify Hillary with one Goddess, she is Athena, the Goddess of wisdom, crafts and war.

In truth Hillary is a much more of a hawk than I personally care for, but when we compare her to Trump, who casually advocates for the use of atomic weapons, the choice is clear.

The right wing identified her potential early on, and has conducted a relentless smear campaign ever since. Do not fall for this: she is an honorable person.

There is great peril facing us, and now is not the time to indulge a misguided quest for political purity. A United Front of all decent people, left, right and center, is essential. Remember, a division on the Left is what allowed Hitler to come to power with a minority of the vote. The German elites thought him buffoon whom they could easily control. We all know how that ended up.

From the deeps of the Earth, I entreat you, put all your energy behind Hillary. Do magic, pray, volunteer to get out the vote, give money, whatever works for you. Do not sit by and allow a World-threatening catastrophe to take place. Choose to follow the way of a sharing community and compassion.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    arthunter

Re: Parting of the Ways

Look again ... https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=eO6qCDt0-LI

Need more?
    https://www.globalresearch.ca/lawsui...-et-al/5548169

Quote Posted in reply to the post by geomancer: View Post
    I know that many of you have mixed feelings about who to vote for in the coming election. ...

3. TopTop #3
    Valley Oak

My esteemed friend and fellow Waccovite, Richard , I have to mention Julia Louis-Dreyfus' personal apology for America's 2016 presidential election:

I would also like to clear up any confusions about things that I have posted regarding this election because I am often facetious when I post:
    I voted for Sanders in the primary and I will vote for Clinton in November.

I am also working my tail off at the local Democratic Party HQ in downtown Santa Rosa, 120 'D' Street. They are looking for more volunteers so please just swing by and offer your help. This way, we can avoid a fascist clown from occupying the White House and sending the human species down a death spiral.

They need people to do phone banking, voter registration, assist at special events, etc. You can help out in whichever way you want. You can probably think up something yourself and propose it to them, if you want.

Best Regards, Edward

Quote Posted in reply to the post by geomancer: View Post
    I know that many of you have mixed feelings about who to vote for in the coming election. It goes without saying that the folks on WACCO are an eccentric group, and I know that more then a few of you may be planning to vote for the Libertarian or Green candidate, perhaps even, Goddess forgive, Trump himself...

4. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

5. TopTop #4
    snake

Oh, I don't know. Some important things Trump harps about are getting better jobs back to America (actually doing it is a whole other matter of course), the problems with NAFTA and the TPP, and we do need to protect ourselves better in regards to our borders, and illegal immigration.

There are people out there who do wish to harm us, and I am sick of hearing stories about some drunk driver, or other criminal who killed someone, and is here illegally. The so called 'Progressives', and/or 'Elites', 'Progressive Elites', or whatever, haven't given a sh*t about middle America since the 60's. These disenfranchised good blooded, hard working Americans got sick of being insulted, and told how they were just a bunch of idiots, and that certain values, sensibilities, and laws that just might be worth upholding don't mean crap if the 'Liberals/progressives' say so. They now feel like 'they' have a voice. And in fact, we see how they love it when Trump is very non 'PC'. We know how much 'progressives' hate some of his rhetoric, yet, I also watch the so called, 'progressive left', sometimes becoming more totalitarian minded in their own right; more so sometimes than those who they themselves accuse of being 'fascist'. And of course, in many of his supporters eyes, his super big plus is he is not a, 'Washington insider', being sick of the corruption and donor class, and on that many people can agree.

And can we please stop mis-using the word 'fascist?' Bush was a 'fascist', 'Obama' is a 'fascist', ad nauseum...it does get quite ridiculous.

Hillary seems to think the more the merrier, illegal or not, and we already aren't focusing enough on proper education, and creating jobs for 'disenfranchised' legal citizens here that the so called 'progressives' claim to want to help.

'Liberals/Progressives' have been decrying what has been going on in black, and minority communities for decades and, homeless encampments are out of control in many cities, so, why do 'progressives' keep wanting to allow more people here who often need help, and sap our educational, and social services even more? Doesn't make sense to me.

No-one talks about how we use to do it. You came here legally, you had family or friends sponsor you, and they were responsible for your bills, care etc. No-one on the dole, so to speak. We need to return to that. If there is a void in the work force, we need to bring in people legally.

It might help if some so called 'progressives' would get off their high horse, stop smoking so much ganga, and use a lot more elbow greese working side by side with some of those terrible 'conservative' Christian ministers trying to help guide young people away from guns and drugs.

Why NOT slow immigration way down, get some really great training programs going for all those homeless veterans, and lost younguns' out there, and super-vet people even more who are coming from violent, 'hate-the-west' hot spots? I sure don't want it to get like Europe here. Poor Europe is becoming such a mess, and the massacres the EU and U.S. have already experienced are enough! (Currently though, with the state of things in the persecution dept., we should be giving sanctuary to all the persecuted Christians, Yazidis).

Is Hillary quoting the 'progressive' mantra of, "diversity makes us stronger", suppose to be bowed down to without any questioning? Who says, 'diversity makes us stronger'? Define your version of 'diversity'. Why bow down blindly to any murky, ideological idol that might not even be true?

Now, having wrote that, I don't want Trump to be Prez., and so far, it looks like he won't win, but...

6. Gratitude expressed by: