Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    nancypreb

How to encourage affordable housing: Considering Healdsburg Measure R

This was posted on FB this morning by one of my friends who lives in Healdsburg…if we can't learn from the mistakes of our neighbors next door, then maybe we're just to stupid to learn.

"Oh dear god, here goes. Dipping into the political pool and I am sure I will be hit with all sorts of crap, but let's keep the discussion civil.

This town is choking on its' success as a destination city but all of the real people who work here, have lived here for years and want to continue raising their families here have nowhere to live. Landlords are upping rents to usury levels because they can, builders have no choice but to build high-end luxury homes when they actually hit the building permit lottery, and there are dumb ass projects like the one on March Avenue/Prentice apartment that force out families and remodel (a half assed job) and rent to "discerning" Healdsburg tenants at ridiculous rates (because they can).

R is not a perfect resolution, but it gives us the chance to rethink Healdsburg growth and provide a more balanced approach to runaway luxury construction. We need infrastructure folks, and this measure will help in that endeavor and that is why I suggest you vote Yes on R if you live in Healdsburg.

Here is the link: https://www.werhealdsburg.org/"
    Last edited by Barry; 09-25-2016 at 01:22 PM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 5 members:

3. TopTop #2
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Re: How to encourage affordable housing: Considering Healdsburg Measure R

Healdsburg is considering an initiative, Measure R, to encourage more affordable house to be built. It looks pretty interesting to me, though I've only first become aware of it, thanks to Nancy's prior post. Here's a flyer from that campaign. What do you guys think? Any Sebastopol City Council candidates care to comment??

There's more inform Measure R here.
    There a PD column advocating No on R here.

| Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

4. Gratitude expressed by 2 members: