Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #391
    rossmen

Re: 5th District Supervisor Race 2016: Noreen Evans vs Lynda Hopkins

Ok, just sub commision for conservancy, the question is about campaign claims, credit vs attendance. Sorry for being a bit grouchy. Call me out, i might get a bit more angry. This electoral choice is really important to me. The 5th sup has a lot of power over many aspects of my chosen life.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by jenielson: View Post
    ... The current spurious accusations against her are about a different body, the state-funded Coastal Conservancy. ....
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #392
    scamperwillow

Quote Posted in reply to the post by riverosprey: View Post
    Anyone know how to stop this unethical propaganda, making it appear that I endorse Noreen Evans? Lisa M. did you're techie genius's do this? How can Noreen's camp make it appear that Jennifer Neeley and I endorse Noreen?

Tom Lynch :0P
    Tom, you must have Liked Noreen's page. Gasp!

3. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

4. TopTop #393
    Investigative Reporter

Lisa: deflection is not a communications strategy or an answer to important budget issues

Lisa, it is not "bait" to ask polite and specific questions regarding the position that you are paid to express, which is that Sonoma County's pension costs are under control, nothing to worry about, and not a factor in our County's lack of funds to do things like pave roads, provide library hours, or pay a $15 an hour living wage to health care workers who are not among the lucky 1% to have county jobs.

I am probably joined by many of my fellow citizens reading this board in feeling that you are deflecting a basic request for transparency in your argument with allegations that I and others are anti-working people.

Unlike you, Lisa, not one of us is being paid to represent "OUR" members in this public discourse. Yes, we consider ourselves progressives, and environmentalists, and supporters of working people, because we are progressives and environmentalists, and supporters of working people, even if we disagree with the positions that you are paid to promote. We volunteer to work in what we think is the public interest. None of us are stooges of those mythical bosses that you allege are pulling the strings.

Deflection may be a communications strategy, Lisa, but it is not an effective one when it comes to providing transparency and advancing a public discourse such as the one we are trying to have here, about the basic and simple question of whether or not Sonoma County's pension obligations are a problem or not. And if they are, what might be done to address this.

As for your characterization of me and others as being "afraid" of unions, it is another example of deflection that does not help make your case. I know that Barry and Dan join me in an appreciation of unions. What we are afraid of is not unions, but a County that does not have sufficient funds to operate in the future. This does not make us anyone's enemy.

Your argument, that your paid work for the SEIU Union is work on behalf of for ALL workers, and that private industry (which, by definition, employs the 95% of taxpaying workers who support our local government employees) is by nature against workers, is reductive and similarly deflective. All business is not evil. Businesses are employers, and more than 95% of local businesses have a positive impact on our economy.

You do not do your position, the candidates you support, or our sincere attempts for budgetary understanding through transparency, any favors by such deflections and dodges.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Lisa Maldonado: View Post
    Again its interesting that Barry, Johnathan and Dan are afraid of unions...

5. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

6. TopTop #394
    photolite

Re: Lisa: deflection is not a communications strategy or an answer to important budget iss

Lisa's frequent disrespectful and boorish posts have likely alienated far more people from her Union cause and the Union's candidate than anything said by her opposition. Stereotypes of Hoffaesque attitudes and tactics counter any feel good efforts like the Kuumbaya Noreen signs her supporters are so delighted by.

Honestly, I believe Lisa has single handedly driven more people to Lynda's camp. I'm amazed her Union bosses haven't reeled her in by now.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Peacetown Jonathan: View Post
    ...You do not do your position, the candidates you support, or our sincere attempts for budgetary understanding through transparency, any favors by such deflections and dodges.

7. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

8. TopTop #395
    jenielson

Yes, you are quite wrong.
    Evans represented Sonoma County on the Commission, as a Santa Rosa City Councilmember, and is a strong supporter. BUT. The current spurious accusations against her are about a different body, the state-funded Coastal Conservancy. As a legislator she was a member of the Legislative Oversight body, which verified the way the Conservancy programs and finances were administered. She performed that job well, according to former Conservancy staff members. She was not concerned with making policy or programmatic decisions, and was not expected to attend meetings.

The interesting thing about the false accusation being circulated is that people are likely to see Coastal Conservancy and think Coastal Commission. That is the clever thing about it—you are intended to make

9. Gratitude expressed by 6 members:

10. TopTop #396
    jenielson

The point is that the two organizations have very different origins and roles. The Commission is sort of like a Planning Commission for the coast. The Coastal Conservancy "is a State agency established in 1976 to protect and improve natural lands and waterways, help people get to and enjoy the outdoors, and sustain local economies along the length of California’s coast and around San Francisco Bay."

The State legislature gave the Coastal Conservancy a lot of latitude and the oversight committee was established to make sure that all records and processes were conducted properly. Members of the oversight committee were not expected to attend meetings, or weigh in on Conservancy decisions about what lands to protect or how.

Noreen did not attend many meetings, but staff members of that organization said that she always performed her oversight duties ably and well.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by rossmen: View Post
    Ok, just sub commision for conservancy, the question is about campaign claims, credit vs attendance. Sorry for being a bit grouchy. Call me out, i might get a bit more angry. This electoral choice is really important to me. The 5th sup has a lot of power over many aspects of my chosen life.

11. Gratitude expressed by 6 members:

12. TopTop #397
    mouse

Re: Lisa: deflection is not a communications strategy or an answer to important budget iss

It bothers me that you demand specifics while you invent wild statistics and sprinkle them throughout your own posts. At some point you should take responsibility for your own research.

You represent a group who call themselves 'progressive environmentalists,' but you're politics suggest you are neither of those things.

The "lucky 1% to have county jobs" is a complete inversion of the spirit of the Occupy movement, btw. Your candidate is the so-called "1%" and you are stumping for the wealthy. She owns the means of production. She is a woman of wealth and privilege. She has not earned her status and wealth, she married it.

For all intents and purposes you endorse rich people who believe they are entitled to point to a thing and get it without having to do the work. She wants an oompa loompa now! Your effort to present an inverted reality says a lot about your point of view.

To suggest that the generally moderate salaries and pensions paid to the majority of workers prevent us from providing adequate healthcare to all, fixing roads, increased library hours, and paying a living wage of $15 and hour is some atrocious logic. Corporate for-profit entities rail agains better conditions for workers at every turn, you claim to want workers to have all the stuff that unions ensure, but like your candidate you believe that profiteering business will suddenly decide to supply those benefits? Neighbor, please.

You actually said this: "Businesses are employers, and more than 95% of local businesses have a positive impact on our economy."

Many Republicans share your admiration for corporate 'job creators' (often bad jobs, without benefits, and for less that $15/hour, but jobs nonetheless), but those profit-driven, corporate entities are also dependent on "land use" which usually has negative impact on our environment.

Noreen has stood up to protect Sonoma County from unfettered expansion, resource depletion, and rampant development.

Your candidate says she will serve every interest, everywhere, all the time, when any thoughtful person understands that is simply not possible. Nobody can support unchecked development and subsequent resource depletion in a drought prone area, without screwing over people in these neighborhoods. We all drink the same water.

Maybe ask your neighbors in Occidental (if you live here) what it's like to have to pay to have water trucked in during the summer when their wells run dry--they probably have an opinion about vast vineyard expansion, monoculture, and water tables.

Lisa, it is not "bait" to ask polite and specific questions regarding the position that you are paid to express, which is that Sonoma County's pension costs are under control, nothing to worry about, and not a factor in our County's lack of funds to do things like pave roads, provide library hours, or pay a $15 an hour living wage to health care workers who are not among the lucky 1% to have county jobs. ...

13. Gratitude expressed by 6 members:

14. TopTop #398
    sohemi

I would give her the benefit of the doubt that she did not hear you, as the answer to your question is not a State Secret. Each Supervisor represents ALL of the residents of their District, not just the unincorporated areas. To allow ONLY the unincorporated areas a vote for District Supervisor, would not be representative Democracy.

...I met noreen tonight at another posters urging, talked one on one a little, then asked a question in front of everyone; why do city folks get to vote for county supervisors? I have no idea if she heard me since she did not respond... of course i have a guess. Part of which is that lynda would.

15. Gratitude expressed by 5 members:

16. TopTop #399
    mouse

Tangent: I have designated "photolife" as an account to be ignored in this thread, and my life has changed for the better.

Make logical sense or vanish.

17. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

18. TopTop #400

You are so right, Photolite. I should instead emulate yours and other's here's fine excellent example of not calling names and attacking people.
    Quote Posted in reply to the post by photolite: View Post
    Lisa's frequent disrespectful and boorish posts have likely alienated far more people from her Union cause and the Union's candidate than anything said by her opposition. Stereotypes of Hoffaesque attitudes and tactics counter any feel good efforts like the Kuumbaya Noreen signs her supporters are so delighted by.

Honestly, I believe Lisa has singlehandedly driven more people to Lynda's camp. I'm amazed her Union bosses haven't reeled her in by now.

19. Gratitude expressed by:

20. TopTop #401

Awesome! How do I do that???

Quote Posted in reply to the post by mouse: View Post
    Tangent: I have designated "photolife" as an account to be ignored in this thread, and my life has changed for the better.

21. TopTop #402

As Bernie as so eloquently said many times Corporate Bosses own our governement. Why shouldn't workers and their unions have the right to participate in creating an economy that works for all- not just the 1%?

Ok, yeah unions, cool. NOT BEING SARCASTIC. My question is; why is the seiu 80k+ into evans? Contract negotiations, contract labor agreements? Furch, then etard (vs carpenter, burned), you know more than anyone here lisa. Be vulnerable and honest, feel the love ; )
    Attached Thumbnails (click thumbnail for larger view) Attached Thumbnails (click thumbnail for larger view) Expand  

22. Gratitude expressed by 5 members:

23. TopTop #403
    mouse

Click on their name under their avatar...you'll see a pull down menu and the option to INGORE.
    Poof! vanish!

Cheers!

Awesome! How do I do that???

24. Gratitude expressed by:

25. TopTop #404

Mouse Rules!!!

It bothers me that you demand specifics while you invent wild statistics and sprinkle them throughout your own posts. At some point you should take responsibility for your own research. ...

26. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

27. TopTop #405

See, this is what makes me laugh about Wacco. Tom is obviously a novice at Facebook and doesn't understand how 'liking' works. But the first thing he does is assume myself or Noreen's campaign had something to do with this evil scheme- he brings that negativity here and calls me out personally and publicly for something I had nothing to do with. No one says a word or attacks him for being 'negative'. Likewise photlite and johnathan call me everything from a paid shill to Jimmy Hoffa and neither of them are called on their 'negative campaigning' Meanwhile if i defend myself or argue strenuously I am told to tone it down-even my font is 'aggressive'. I sometimes wonder if i was a white man like these guys if I would be so aggressively hounded on these boards- or if I would be ordered around to answer their questions and do their research as if I were their secretary. I see a lot of male privilege and mansplaining and sexism on this board. I wont stop posting (cause it bugs em all too much ) but I am not responding to those who can't treat me and all women with some respect.

Anyone know how to stop this unethical propaganda, making it appear that I endorse Noreen Evans? Lisa M. did you're techie genius's do this? How can Noreen's camp make it appear that Jennifer Neeley and I endorse Noreen?

Tom Lynch :0P
    Last edited by Barry; 10-19-2016 at 12:30 PM.

28. Gratitude expressed by 6 members:

29. TopTop #406
    mouse

You have a solid point about the double-standards here, but I am actually laughing out loud at the Facebook thing.

Are you the mastermind behind a vast union conspiracy to rig Facebook likes and thereby steal that man's coveted endorsement?! Impressive.

(Seriously, newbies to all endeavors should tread lightly and begin at the beginning, no? Experience and a tempered approach can prevent all manner of newbie damage.)

See, this is what makes me laugh about Wacco. Tom is obviously a novice at Facebook and doesn't understand how 'liking' works. But the first thing he does is assume myself or Noreen's campaign had something to do with this evil scheme- ...

30. Gratitude expressed by:

31. TopTop #407
    photolite

32. Gratitude expressed by:

33. TopTop #408
    beshiva

women running for office or in places of power or just want to give their damn opinion are Always told to tone it down.
    I mean, what else is new and it's been a joke on the national stage with Hillary...after all, if she would just smile more, or shouldn't she change her wardrobe, or if her voice were a little less shrill, or why does she seem so tired, or is she being aggressive or assertive in her speech a little too much, or blah blah blah.
    when all else fails and the talking heads can't talk about issues, or debate an issue they resort to personal attack and nit-picking. i don't believe we have exhausted talking about real important issues facing our county.
    i mean how else do you criticize some important stuff without sounding (negative) sometimes-oh well, get over it!
    i know we seem to get back to the pension thingie All the freakin time and no one EVER wants to address the County budget pushing upwards 51% going into Justice Services.
    i'm sick of hearing about pensions and the BOS folks sit up there and maybe, maybe, they serve 8 years, some of them with a FULL ridiculous pension (they make 150k with benefits, while the rest of us out here work 30 years in a job and receive a fraction of what some Board member, who we forgot their names long ago, goes home to sit on their butts, if they wish, with a hefty pension. Does this make any sense to anyone?!! let's always talk about the
    "other guy"...it takes our minds off of our elected officials screwing us.
    when we are all done knocking one another around on this thread about the election, one Person, at the end of the day is going to be sitting in that seat in the BOS chambers, either Lynda or Noreen. And, they won't remember any of us...lol

See, this is what makes me laugh about Wacco. ...

34. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

35. TopTop #409
    Investigative Reporter

So let me get this straight Beshiva:

Sonoma County's local businesses, whether it is a small restaurant or an organic farm or a winery or tech company or store, are intrinsically evil and bad because they are privately owned.

They do not contribute to our local economy.

They despoil our planet.

Sonoma County would be better off without them.

Without the products they sell, the tourists that attract. Shut it all down on behalf of the County workers and their pensions! We will fund our County and City and state budget from ...from.... um, could you help us with that part?

What is it you object to about my request to stop hurling insults and provide some transparency and a discussion of this issue.

You write that I am "stumping" for the wealthy when I, as a volunteer interested in a County finding money to pay a living wage to contracted home health workers,and pave roads, and restore library hours, ask a paid union leader who professes that the pensions are not a concern for our county economy to provide context and data, which her unions have at their fingertips, to her arguments and information.

In your world, our call for transparency and a public debate about for our county budget is a strike against the working people of our County.

It seems as though pensions and our county budget is the subject that dare not speak its name.

I feel like I am missing something here?

It bothers me that you demand specifics while you invent wild statistics ....
    Last edited by Barry; 10-19-2016 at 12:32 PM.

36. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

37. TopTop #410
    mouse

Yes, you are missing something. Let's start with a sincere desire to communicate effectively. I'm not sure your latest juvenile attempt to attribute your designated incorrect meaning to my words is worth approaching logically. You even got my name wrong.

Please resist your clearly burning desire to put words in my mouth. I said nothing remotely similar to what you have written here. I am not calling for the end of the local capitalist economy, dude.

Maybe instead of more straw man arguments and demands for information and "transparency", use your googles to get the information you seek yourself. https://transparentcalifornia.com/

While you're there, check out the salaries of your neighbors who don't make the first page (where all the 6 figure employees are that seem to make you lose your mind).

Hopefully people reading this, regardless of political persuasion, can see your hyperbolic, bogus faux-arguments for what they are.

The straw man fallacy occurs in the following pattern of argument:

1. Person 1 asserts proposition X.
    2. Person 2 argues against a superficially similar proposition Y, falsely, as if an argument against Y were an argument against X.

So let me get this straight Beshiva:...
    Last edited by Barry; 10-19-2016 at 12:33 PM.

38. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

39. TopTop #411
    mouse

On the bright side, I now know that "Peacetown" Jonathan aka Jonathan Greenberg will not get my Sebastopol City Council vote. Thanks for that, and keep talking, my man, right off of the city council.

Ignore.
    Last edited by Barry; 10-19-2016 at 12:34 PM.

40. Gratitude expressed by 5 members:

41. TopTop #412
    farmerdan

Jonathan,

I feel like I am missing something here?
    Yes, you are missing something; the humor of it all!
    The good guys against the bad guys has been around forever.

42. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

43. TopTop #413
    riverosprey

Ahem...(cough...cough)...Mouse, India, whoever you are (Lisa? :)...you're info on Wacco says you live in Monte Rio...sorry, but that means you can't vote for anyone in the Sebastopol election.

I on the other hand live in Guerneville, and endorsed Johnathan early on as a prescient prophet, and have directed my minions in Sebastopol, to vote him in.

Sorry, done deal...the wise folks in Sebastopol are about to shake things up!
    On the bright side, I now know that "Peacetown" Jonathan aka Jonathan Greenberg will not get my Sebastopol City Council vote. ...
    Last edited by Barry; 10-19-2016 at 12:35 PM.

44. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

45. TopTop #414
    mouse

I don't live in Monte Rio. I am not Lisa. I am not an actual mouse.

(Greenberg must be stoked to have your midas touch upon his 'prescient prophecy.' )

... I on the other hand live in Guerneville, and endorsed Johnathan early on as a prescient prophet, ...
    Last edited by Barry; 10-19-2016 at 12:36 PM.

46. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

47. TopTop #415
    jbox

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Barry: View Post
    I also find Lisa's bold font out of place and I generally remove it before the post goes out in the digest.
    Clunky, eh? Hmmm...
    I care not about Lisa's font, Barry.

I would like her to be forthright and answer some quite reasonable and thoughtful questions put forth by some of the posters here. She is consistently the most evasive poster on this thread. Perhaps if you, as moderator, intervened as a force for transparency on her part she might not be so busy with spin and just tell the whole truth. For example, if SEIU pensions are a relatively small part of the pension obligation of the county it would work in her favor. In this case I applaud Jonathan Greenberg's post. I can't imagine why Lisa Maldonaldo objects to his questions unless.....

48. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

49. TopTop #416
    markwjam

I'm not so sure I wouldn't rather hear a shrill response, which indicates where the person is coming from, rather than something more even tempered that may or may not indicate where someone is coming from..in some cases, an even, smooth response indicates someone who has learned to hide what they are feeling.....and that is certainly true of so many veteran politicians...
    note: I do support Noreen Evans for supervisor

Quote Posted in reply to the post by jenielson: View Post
    I agree that Lynda Hopkins currently lacks the temperament that is needed for a Supervisor, the County's highest elected office. I do hope that she can develop a less shrill response to criticism as she matures. ...
    Last edited by Barry; 10-19-2016 at 12:38 PM.

50. Gratitude expressed by 5 members:

51. TopTop #417
    beshiva

yep, you ARE missing something here. did i say, anything about businesses being intrinsically evil?! not sure who you think i am?
    i talk about Justice Services and how THEY have sucked the much needed community services and infrastructure repairs
    out of this County! i speak about how afraid the BOS is of Steve Freitas (and they do NOT reign his budget in) because he considers himself 'elected' and isn't appointed...it has been a great problem for our county and as a result, he fights oversight at every level, which translates into our $$$ is squandered on Justice Services. Why aren't you beating down the door of the BOS to complain about THAT?! Millions of $$$'s in lawsuits as a result of police brutality, money which CAN be spent on many other needed improvements for our county. So, why aren't you complaining about that?!
    i think because this issue is elusive to so many, and frankly people don't even know where to start and maybe, they don't even WANT to start dealing with where our $$ is being wasted and Why...it's huge...it's important...but, as always we will get distracted by pensions because it might seem a whole lot easier to grapple with, right. And, because WHO wants to argue with law enforcement?! i mean they ask, why should they be denied...ugh
    So, when you realize you are living in a police state and more and more of our budget WILL go to Justice Services, then maybe, you will tackle the real problems, ok.
    Fortunately, there are several groups in Sonoma County working diligently on Policies of law enforcement and their costs, such as Police Brutality; and educating and growing a base that is growing all the time, because there are Actually a lot of good people, business people, investors, educators, social advocates, teachers, artists, College youth and many more who have joined forces because they realize that this elephant is not going away, it is here to stay, unless people actually recognize and acknowledge the problem.
    So, when you ask, "how will we fund City and County budgets be funded", try asking who always needs to bear the brunt and why!

So let me get this straight Beshiva:...
    Last edited by Barry; 10-19-2016 at 12:41 PM.

52. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

53. TopTop #418

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Barry: View Post
    The data you provided is a diverse set of business and development interests, each with it's own agenda. The largest of which, "California Real Estate Political Action Committee" (which is itself a consortium) gave a total $40,000, less than half of the SEIU's over $81,000 independent expenditure.

I haven't reviewed all the contribution and expenditure reports, but I challenge you to document a single entity that has spent or contributed more than the SEIU.
    Challenge accepted. Erik Koenigshofer's PAC has reportedly raised $105,000, and so far spent $85,000 on Lynda Hopkins' behalf. You can see the details on Noreen Evans' Facebook page. And before you say that these are contributions collected from numerous sources, all smaller amounts, exactly the same can be said about the union money. It too is collected from far more numerous sources, in far smaller amounts.

Also there is a false equivalency being presented here. Union contributions come from thousands of people at the bottom of the social heap, and unions represent the interests of those people. Without the union movement we would not have the five day 40-hour workweek, minimum wage, company provided health benefits or dozens of other things we take for granted, but which people literally died for back in the day. The worker and the poor still need protection. These are ideals that make the world a better place. This is what being a progressive means, using the power of government to limit the already too great power of the rich, and help those at the bottom of the heap. Unions financially support candidates they believe share these ideals.

Contributions from big money interests, on the other hand, are simply about buying power for a very few already powerful people. It is absurd to claim that you can take their money and still follow your conscience. Remember this is not just a little support, this is the money that got her started in the first place. Without the public exposure that rich peoples' money bought when she was an unknown, she would not have been able to gather all the small contributions she is so proud of.

All those glossy mailers and newspaper inserts cost a lot of money, and without all of that do you think she would even stand a chance against Noreen? She has never really had to fight for anything in her life. The land for her farm was given to her by her wealthy father in law, along with a place to live while they got going. If she had failed to make a success of it given these advantages it would have been shameful. Now a few short years later she can buy a $900,000 house? Not without help, I am betting. If she has made that kind of money from a small farm, even rent free, she should be running for farmer of the year.

And do not tell me this is a personal attack. This is all material she offers as part of her qualifications for the job. She presents herself as a small business owner and organic farmer, so it is quite legitimate to look at how relevant her performance in that role is to the job requirement for a supervisor. If she has indeed had her life handed to her on a platter, this is very pertinent information. Many people would prefer someone who, like Noreen, had actually had to make the rent and earn her own living. By the way, Noreen does not own a house anywhere, notwithstanding what I have read here. She has quite clearly not profited financially from her time in public office.

If Lynda Hopkins is elected as a result of the money provided by the big money crowd, she will either act in their interests or she will be a one term supervisor, and trust me, nobody wants to give up the seat once they are in it. She knows that these people have no personal loyalty; they will support whoever they think will best serve their financial interests. If she turns out to be a dud, they will find someone else to back against her next time. Do you want to bet the swing vote on the BOS on her making the right choice? When you could choose someone who has a long and proud record as a champion of the people who have to pay rent every month, or meet the mortgage payment, or make the payroll?

Let Lynda Hopkins prove herself with a few years in some public position more suited to her experience level; school board, perhaps, or Planning Comission. Maybe after that she could be a more realistic candidate for the top elected post in the county. Meantime put Noreen Evans on the Board of Supervisors.

Patrick Brinton

54. TopTop #419
    farmerdan

Patrick,

It is interesting that most of this discussion is about money and who is providing the somewhat obscene amounts of it for a 'non-partisan' seat as a county supervisor. As someone once said, 'we get the best government that money can buy.' No matter what your point of view, everyone should work toward financing limits and overturning Citizens United.

55. Gratitude expressed by 5 members:

56. TopTop #420
    beshiva

now you might be trying to make a little sense...thanks

Quote Posted in reply to the post by farmerdan: View Post
    Patrick,

It is interesting that most of this discussion is about money and who is providing the somewhat obscene amounts of it for a 'non-partisan' seat as a county supervisor. As someone once said, 'we get the best government that money can buy.' No matter what your point of view, everyone should work toward financing limits and overturning Citizens United.

57. Gratitude expressed by 3 members: