Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Jude Iam

do you shop at WHOLE FOODS? watch THIS.

in sebastopol, and all around the country, WF (AKA Whole Paycheck) earns BILLION$ IN SALES OF GMOS under the guise of being a healthy, organic store... BS!

https://forbiddenknowledgetv.net/the...industry-27802

support our local farmers, community market and companies which are authentically organic.

if you prefer to not join FKTV (great free daily videos you won't find elsewhere) watch here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_vKeup9XNI

to your health! jude
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 5 members:

3. TopTop #2
    Recycleman

Re: do you shop at WHOLE FOODS? watch THIS.

Whole foods is a Texas corporation who takes our money out of our community and sends it to George W's home state. Please support our local markets, such as Andy's Produce, Community Market, Pacific Market, Fircrest Market and Speer's Market, here in Forestville. Blessings, Lee Gooding, aka Recycleman.

4. Gratitude expressed by 10 members:

5. TopTop #3
    ladybug5

I didnt get to the end of this video because this scientist kept denouncing Whole Foods 100 different ways and I just couldn't spend any more time waiting for him to verify his claims... I would like to see more actual proof. Where can I go to find this? I have always thought this about WF and other than seeing a bag of frozen corn from China!! I dont have very much actual data about them using gmo products and trying to pass legislation against labeling.
    thanks.
    Quote Posted in reply to the post by Jude Iam: View Post
    Last edited by Barry; 08-28-2016 at 11:17 AM.
    Is your dog having a good day? ~ www.gooddays.biz ~ [email protected]

6. TopTop #4
    beshiva

frozen bag of frozen corn from China-hmmm-red flag!!

Quote Posted in reply to the post by ladybug5: View Post
    I didnt get to the end of this video because this scientist kept denouncing Whole Foods 100 different ways and I just couldn't spend any more time waiting for him to verify his claims... I would like to see more actual proof. Where can I go to find this? I have always thought this about WF and other than seeing a bag of frozen corn from China!! I dont have very much actual data about them using gmo products and trying to pass legislation against labeling.
    thanks.

7. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

8. TopTop #5
    podfish

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Recycleman: View Post
    Whole foods is a Texas corporation who takes our money out of our community and sends it to George W's home state. Please support our local markets, such as Andy's Produce, Community Market, Pacific Market, Fircrest Market and Speer's Market, here in Forestville. Blessings, Lee Gooding, aka Recycleman.
    I too think everyone should prefer local markets, and I'm kinda prejudiced against Texas for a variety of reasons, some maybe good but most probably unfair. But bringing GWB into this seems a stretch!

9. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

10. TopTop #6
    Diane Darling

WF is the 800 lb gorilla in the natural foods industry. I was working in the industry when WF launched 365. Here's how it works: Someone spends years and lots of effort developing a product and a market for it. WF allows the small producer to buy space for their product on WF shelves, then they watch. If the product sells, WF private labels it (365) from somewhere and places it next to the original for 10 cents less. The original producer has worked for years to build their product and get it into the large market, then the ground is cut from under them by the bastards of marketing at WF. Often the little guy just disappears from the shelves. Sadly, shoppers fall for it consistently. If they read the labels, they would see important differences between the WF brand and the originals.

If you shop at WF you are part of the problem. It is foolish to fork over your cash to this huge corporation that destroys smaller markets and sends your money to Texas. Especially when Community Market and Olivers are so nearby. To say nothing about Fircrest, Andy's and Bill's. WF is no better than Starbuck's, Borders and Barns & Noble, that also destroy local merchants.

So, no, I will not meet you at WF. If you need to be seen there, to send your money far, far away to a place that is culturally and politically at odds with our community, to choose convenience over loyalty to our community, then shame on you.

11. Gratitude expressed by 10 members:

12. TopTop #7
    santoshimatajaya
    Supporting Member

UNDERSTAND, yet isn't it True that these other stores also carry gmo's, pesticide grown food, Etc?

is it that WF claims not to and DOES? Wants to Create and Image of Something Exceptional, yet Hypocritically is failing. When we come from what is Unconscious in us, which is also our Ego, the part that wants to Profit at others' expense for instance, or is willing to Deceive, which includes Ignore, ie. Ignorance, that Hypocrisy will be the result. How human, how common to us all in our Process of Evolving, Individuating and Waking Up~ which is gradual. Does not need condemning, to my mind/Heart. Needs Recognizing, yes, Jude, thank you~ yet how to deal with our Reactivity and our Negativity. the way we have learned to create Enemies out of those we don't like, disagree with, are Outraged by. Ego confronting and responding to Ego. Which i find clouds, Is Confusion itself. not about who or what is Right even, which is such an important stake in the ground for Our egos. it's about growing our Presence Strong Enough to override Ego's Perceptions and ways of being. So that we are not in Reactivity, Confusion, Delusion. So we see crystal clearly. SO WE CAN COME UP WITH PEACEFUL, WORKABLE RESOLUTIONS, WITHOUT SHAMING, BLAMING ANYONE. making it a win/win as it is my sense that like Ravana wanting to be killed by Rama (in the Ramayana Indian epic) our ego's want to be converted by our Hearts and Higher Consciousness / Presence / Awareness / THAT~
    Last edited by Barry; 08-30-2016 at 12:41 PM.

13. Gratitude expressed by:

14. TopTop #8
    Shepherd

I certainly avoid Whole Foods, though it is hard. I have farmed berries for the last 24 years, using organic practices. I used to sell regularly to Food for Thought, which sold out to WF. When I tried to sell to WF, they demanded that I provide enough berries for half a dozen of their regional stores. As a small farmer, I could not do that, so I lost an important market.

WF is certainly not local, as are Community Market, Olivers, Fircrest, Andy's, etc. Yes, these other stores are also not perfect. Who is? But at least they are better in the food they provide and the local farmers that they purchase from.

15. Gratitude expressed by 5 members:

16. TopTop #9
    santoshimatajaya
    Supporting Member

Shepherd, sounds like you are a small local organic farmer who lost a valued local customer to a nationwide non-local company because of the local customer, Food for Thought's, desire and fulfillment of selling out to the non-local company whose policies do not operate via local farmers.

as a Reality, i find Accepting what is Real puts me into a neutral zone. this neutral zone does not include wins, losses, preferences, likes, dislikes. it simply reflects What Is. Experiencing the Neutrality of this is extremely freeing of continued likes, dislikes, disappointment. Neutral, there is no color. Just Acceptance. Freeing. that's been my experience around Accepting the Reality that what i wanted or had, which changed, that flow that Life unfolds, what is,(even potentially) and then becomes no longer possible due to the Reality, fabric the 'whatever' is made of, such as the fabric of WF. this includes the fabric one is made of as well as the fabric the other is made of. How matches are made. what is it that brings things together and also has them separate? in Vedic Knowledge it is the fifth element called Akasha. earth, water, fire and air being the other four the Vedic system recognizes. it's a very profound element, in a different category than the other four. it is produced from Sound, and is invisible, vibrational. Sound is also known to be the stimulant or part of the creation-process of Creation. so in that sense we can trust the Akasha that brings things together and dismantles things. just that there are Greater Perspectives than we are aware of, than our education and society is conscious of, which are orchestrating, which explain things, which is what i look to in order to understand, make sense of what transpires in this human experience.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Shepherd: View Post
    I certainly avoid Whole Foods, though it is hard. I have farmed berries for the last 24 years, using organic practices. I used to sell regularly to Food for Thought, which sold out to WF. When I tried to sell to WF, they demanded that I provide enough berries for half a dozen of their regional stores. As a small farmer, I could not do that, so I lost an important market.

WF is certainly not local, as are Community Market, Olivers, Fircrest, Andy's, etc. Yes, these other stores are also not perfect. Who is? But at least they are better in the food they provide and the local farmers that they purchase from.
    Last edited by Barry; 08-30-2016 at 01:09 PM.

17. Gratitude expressed by:

18. TopTop #10
    ChefJayTay

They all have their faults... mostly cause they cater to their customers.

Whole Foods has products others don't carry. They do support local farms. They do so on a national level. They don't pretend to be cheap, and being the leader in "clean food" supermarkets nationally is their competitive edge (which they fight to maintain).
    People who complain about their lack of being entirely organic, must think they can wave a wand and create organic farms on a national level (as it is they are full of major corporate organics to handle demand). Probably the same people that think USDA organic is no different than third party certified organic.

Supermarkets' days are numbered.
    Look at their inventory. It's 80% non-perishable (or with a shelf life of at least a month). Autonomous delivery (drones, cars, trucks) will dramatically change the costs of delivery, and supermarkets won't be able to afford the shoppable retail space (& staff) to compete with services like amazon fresh. I'm sure a few will survive, but....

19. Gratitude expressed by:

20. TopTop #11
    Diane Darling

Whoa! I'll go get my big, flat shovel and you just keep that nice soft wool pulled over your own eyes. This is a classic disavowal of personal responsibility for local reality! Really vintage!

Quote Posted in reply to the post by santoshimatajaya: View Post
    Shepherd, sounds like you are a small local organic farmer who lost a valued local customer to a nationwide non-local company because of the local customer, Food for Thought's, desire and fulfillment of selling out to the non-local company whose policies do not operate via local farmers.

as a Reality, i find Accepting what is Real puts me into a neutral zone. this neutral zone does not include wins, losses, preferences, likes, dislikes. it simply reflects What Is. ...
    Last edited by Barry; 08-31-2016 at 11:57 AM.

21. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

22. TopTop #12
    podfish

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Diane Darling: View Post
    Whoa! ... Really vintage!
    in a very classic west-county way, too. Kinda made me nostalgic.

23. TopTop #13
    santoshimatajaya
    Supporting Member

THANK YOU FOR YOUR BALANCING RESPONSE

this is not about making what is imperfect Horrific
    which is what egos tend to do
    alot gets overlooked, as you point out
    we all have our Lapses, including WF, including each of us writing on this thread
    none of which are Condemnable, they are human
    and represent where we are in our journey of Developing, Evolving
    none of which is worthy of making into an Enemy
    we will never get anywhere if we create enemy images of one another and engage in the War that ensues

taking off those lenses, that Identity
    of blame, of 'you did this to me so now i am against you'
    allows us to SEE
    WHAT IS ACTUALLY GOING ON
    ACCEPT IT
    BECAUSE IT IS
    and attempt to change / Adjust
    what isn't working
    until it works
    not thru condemnation and being against
    but through trial and error adjustments
    until we are satisfied, at least for the moment
    as ChefJayTay points out, things are changing, constantly

i appreciate this Forum Opportunity
    where we can express and process
    and do it PEACEFULLY, MINDFULLY~
    thank you Everyone (Barry!)

Quote Posted in reply to the post by ChefJayTay: View Post
    They all have their faults... mostly cause they cater to their customers.....

24. Gratitude expressed by:

25. TopTop #14
    santoshimatajaya
    Supporting Member

Personal Responsibilty is the whole Key
    which is the contrast to Blaming, Condemning
    which implies Victimhood

taking Responsiblity
    mean not reacting from Reactivity
    not sarcastically, cynically Responding
    which is violence, not coming from Heart
    coming from Ego
    be one RIGHT or not
    it is not about Right vs Wrong
    it is ABOUT WHERE CONSCIOUNESS-WISE, from Where Within Oneself, from what Part of oneself one is Responding or Reacting

a Reaction is ego
    a Response is Responsible,
    it is Respectful, it is Calm, it is Conscious
    where sarcasm, cynicism is amunition, it is trigger happy, like an intoxicant will create an aftermath, hangover, lowering of the quality of Energy eventually one will need to recoop from~
    IT'S A CHOICE
    it's GARDENING, how to create, cultivate, plant, water, be Patient with ourselves, the others MUTUALLY, with TRUE EQUALITY
    DO UNTO OTHERS AS YOU WOULD HAVE OTHERS DO UNTO YOU
    maybe that's why that guy who uttered those words is still in our Mindstreams & Hearts, when we really need Seeing, Understanding, Support, Grace
    we utter his name, in vain or not
    (i'm not a Christian or a Jew religiously, tho being of jewish lineage, feel i am not offending anyone)

anywho
    i often say, we all poop, we all make messes, what is so harmful about looking at, looking for, owning and cleaning up the messes we are making
    we make these messes in order to learn
    there is no other way
    Trial & Error
    WITH NON HARMING / AHIMSA IN MIND, HOPEFULLY
    Last edited by Barry; 08-31-2016 at 11:59 AM.

26. Gratitude expressed by:

27. TopTop #15
    wisewomn

Jude, I passed on your link to some people and one reply sent me this link: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_News. So maybe some of what Mike Adams says should be taken with a grain of (sea or Himalayan pink) salt.
    I totally agree with you about shopping local.

28. Gratitude expressed by:

29. TopTop #16
    podfish

Quote Posted in reply to the post by sealwatcher: View Post
    ... turning the other into the enemy. This is what the Left does.
    the left also characterises people with broad stereotypes. All of them.

30. TopTop #17
    Sara S
    Auntie Wacco

and you don't think the Right does that?

This is why contemplatives live away from others in monasteries, nunneries, hermitages, cabins in the woods. I especially like santoshimatajaya's remarks about being truly nonviolent by not turning the other into the enemy. This is what the Left does. Hard not to see this culture as Sparta to ancient Athens, even with our best intentions.

31. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

32. TopTop #18
    santoshimatajaya
    Supporting Member

the Right
    the Left
    are Human (first)
    Humans begin as Ego's
    first merged in ego unconsciously, not aware of themselves
    when Awareness grows to realize 'i am not a herd animal/human; i can think for myself rather than gravitate within a herd,'Individuation begins
    then comes building the Awareness, the Presence to become stronger than the Ego
    and realizing the Ego is not who i am, does not represent my values, feelings
    rather it is a circuitry that is hard wired, involving my ancestors, culture, my past lifetimes, etc
    and is not in sinq with the Awareness that i am
    And so the work begins to Watch from Awareness
    and assert the disidentification with Ego,
    learn to hear ego's message: that hurts, that is unjust, i don't like. . . . etc
    which are valuable messages
    yet the ensuing thoughts, speech and action of egos is typically Destructive
    does not Contribute Positively or know how to Resolve Peacefully and Fairly,
    it knows war, and remember was originally unaware of itself, of its warlike nature, for the sake of protecting From Ignorance
    so this is where we are at for the most part on this planet
    and yes, people are advancing and going through stages of evolving, of waking up
    lots of work to do
    in order to live internally in Peace
    and therefore create it between, among ourselves
    we will one day have meeting spaces
    replacing the militaries
    we will use our Hearts and our Words and our higher capacities~

All dualities are capable of demonising the other. And yes, the Right does that too. There's that joke about the left firing line: We make a circle and blow each other away. Internal feuds impact our work for social justice and peace. I've seen it everywhere, it seems to be part of our DNA; perhaps we can evolve beyond that?

33. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

34. TopTop #19
    MichelleHeart

It is much better to support local farmers. However, these veggies and fruits are not tested. Any area can be polluted with toxic material from a field nearby that uses these sprays. Water often contains chemicals and heavy metals. Try to understand this is a global issue, and finding ways to combat toxicity deal with this really relies on healthy living-eating the best foods you can, using products that de-toxify your organs as well as other healthy modes of living.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Recycleman: View Post

35. Gratitude expressed by: