Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #61
    scamperwillow

Re: What's with alll the Lynda Hopkins signs?

I am speaking as Noreen's friend, long-time supporter and event planner. Why does it matter?
    Quote Posted in reply to the post by Dick: View Post
    So are you speaking as a Noreen supporter or employee (contractor perhaps?)?
    Last edited by Barry; 09-10-2016 at 08:56 AM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #62
    luke32

Knowing you are on her staff helps me a great deal to "interpret" your comments.

3. Gratitude expressed by 5 members:

4. TopTop #63

Just a little caveat scamper. It's informative to know your zeal is tempered by a paycheck.
    Quote Posted in reply to the post by scamperwillow: View Post
    I am speaking as Noreen's friend, long-time supporter and event planner. Why does it matter?

5. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

6. TopTop #64
    jbox

Just a little caveat scamper. It's informative to know your zeal is tempered by a paycheck.
    Yes, follow the money. Thanks for the admission, Marty. It explains alot of the smear Noreen's campaign spreads around.

7. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

8. TopTop #65
    photolite

A simple review of Scamper's comments reads precisely like a paid operative. Harping on Lynda Hopkins' campaign contributions that have been discussed endlessly, with no real factual conclusion beyond much of her financial support is a vote against Noreen. She acknowledge this when she writes:
    "But one has to wonder why the big wineries and developers are pouring (yes pouring!) money into her campaign. I think it is because they are afraid of Noreen"

"I think that if you look at the Hopkins financial statements, you will find that 30-40% of her money comes from the wine industry. Another 30-40% comes from development and mining".

We all know this already and only Noreen's supporters see anything sinister towards Lynda Hopkins in this. To the rest of us it makes perfect sense. What you avoid is the fact that Noreen's donations originate overwhelmingly from the Public Employee Unions and that Noreen's past behavior is far more incriminating of her being beholden to these unions. Beyond some campaign contributions, there is not a scintilla of evidence of Lynda Hopkins being beholden to anyone.

9. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

10. TopTop #66
    jbox

Quote Posted in reply to the post by photolite: View Post
    A simple review of Scamper's comments reads precisely like a paid operative. ...
    Yes, I was excoriated and censored for calling Scamperwillow a shill for Noreen. It's nice to see I was right all along.
    Last edited by Barry; 09-11-2016 at 01:58 PM.

11. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

12. TopTop #67
    scamperwillow

Sheesh because I produce some events for Noreen, that negates everything I said. Sorry, it is all true - sorry if you don't like it. I'm done with this conversation. Everyone is capable of checking the facts for themselves - I recommend it.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by jbox: View Post
    Yes, I was excoriated and censored for calling Scamperwillow a shill for Noreen. It's nice to see I was right all along.

13. Gratitude expressed by:

14. TopTop #68

And extrapolate from there.

Sheesh because I produce some events for Noreen, that negates everything I said. Sorry, it is all true - sorry if you don't like it. I'm done with this conversation. Everyone is capable of checking the facts for themselves - I recommend it.

15. TopTop #69
    photolite

From today's PD:

At the beginning of her race for supervisor, Lynda Hopkins made it clear that she would run a thoughtful and reasoned campaign. She has done just that by focusing time and effort on substantive policy issues. Looking ahead, Hopkins aspires to be a positive and effective supervisor with a collaborative approach that increases the likelihood that problems get solved. This ambition echoes a campaign theme: “Let’s work together.” She will then regularly seek consensus and, sometimes, appropriate compromise.

Being a longtime environmentalist and an organic farmer, Hopkins knows that environmental protection is a critical governmental responsibility. Moreover, she believes that we can safeguard our scenic coast and fertile landscape without choosing to disparage certain community members.
    Eschewing any divisiveness, she will endeavor to involve the entire community in the wise defense of our natural heritage. She is a strong, new leader, a leader who can help us move beyond the old paradigms impeding our ability to address important challenges — present and future.
    MARK TANSIL
    Sebastopol
    Last edited by Barry; 09-12-2016 at 12:38 PM.

16. Gratitude expressed by:

17. TopTop #70
    beshiva

I too would like to live in Lala Land. that's not here - in this seemingly bucolic countryside of Sonoma County, amongst vineyards and graveyards...where there is fine wine, fine dining, fine festivals, etc.--and lying beneath it all are a lot of dirty secrets and back-door deals that makes the disparity in some communities so painfully obvious if one were to only look and pay attention!

18. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

19. TopTop #71
    jbox

Here is why it matters. Lynda finally calls out the bullshit from Noreen's camp.

20. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

21. TopTop #72
    riverosprey

Wow...from an old manure disturber...our next Supervisor Lynda is a girl after my own heart :)...Joe Bob say's check this out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1-Q6R8XT-Y

Quote Posted in reply to the post by jbox: View Post
    Here is why it matters. Lynda finally calls out the bullshit from Noreen's camp.
    https://youtu.be/I1-Q6R8XT-Y
    Last edited by Barry; 09-13-2016 at 11:38 AM.

22. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

23. TopTop #73
    occihoff

I don't know all that much about either of the candidates, but I must say that as a politically progressive sort of person I would feel better about a candidate who is supported by unions than one who is supported by the wine and gravel mining industries!

Every election year it's the same deal. The progressive candidate supported by labor and pro-environmental interests gets enough money together to put out a few "vote for" road signs and mail a few election circulars, while the principal opposing candidate puts out a huge number of road signs and mails very expensive multi-page circulars that are heavily financed by the big wine and gravel interests.

How can any voter help but wonder why this is? As a voter who does not have the time to become a really well informed political wonk, I have to make my decisions based largely on which trusted organizations or well known individuals support which candidate. Also, as a rule of thumb, the more money a candidate amasses to overwhelm the opposition, the more suspicious I become of where their loyalties really lie, because progressive pro-labor and pro-environmental interests generally have less money to spend than big business interests.

If as you say "there is not a scintilla of evidence of Lynda Hopkins being beholden to anyone," maybe that's because she has not voted on anything yet!

24. Gratitude expressed by 7 members:

25. TopTop #74
    tommy

Linda will obviously be beholden to those who give her money. That's the nature of politics. Why else would people give her money?

Quote Posted in reply to the post by photolite: View Post
    ...Beyond some campaign contributions, there is not a scintilla of evidence of Lynda Hopkins being beholden to anyone.
    Last edited by Barry; 09-13-2016 at 11:40 AM.

26. Gratitude expressed by:

27. TopTop #75
    jbox

Quote Posted in reply to the post by tommy: View Post
    Linda will obviously be beholden to those who give her money. That's the nature of politics. Why else would people give her money?
    I gave Lynda money for her campaign and I don't expect anything in return. Sometimes you contribute to who you believe is the best candidate. Simple as that. Look at how much money was contributed to Lynda. Big donors not that much, couple thousand or so.

However the unions didn't give Noreen money directly but spent $50,000 on mailers and hit pieces that were from the unions, not Noreen's campaign. (wink, wink) I bet Noreen not only explicitly approved these hit pieces and is, in fact, beholding to the unions.

See the difference, Tommy?

28. Gratitude expressed by:

29. TopTop #76
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

I am closing this thread. I've started a new thread for this discussion the Supervisor race in a new thread called "5th District Supervisor Race 2016: Noreen Evans vs Lynda Hopkins" where I hope we can continue the discussion on matters that have not been discussed to death on this thread.

If you'd like to receive instant email updates when new posts are posted there, go over to the new thread and click Gratitude.

THREAD CLOSED.
    Last edited by Barry; 09-13-2016 at 11:41 AM.

30. Gratitude expressed by: