Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    aFlowerChild

INCREDIBLE! Berny Supporters being Shut Out at DNC

I thought that the Democratic Party is the party of inclusion. I am shocked, sickened and appalled at what is going on at the DNC. This is video shot by people on the ground who obviously worked very long and very hard for the privilege of going to the Convention and voicing the desires and votes of the people that they represent.

Bernie supporters being shut out, shut down, maneuvered and manipulated .. by our own Party.

Going into this, my emotions were with Bernie but as a woman I hoped to see Hillary in there. I will not support anyone, man or woman, who is not willing to run her race based on merits. I thought that the other party was the one that was deceitful and full of manipulations.

Hillary supporters, if you can not respond to this post politely, please do not respond at all.

The facts are the facts. Click on the link and see what first hand, on the spot people are experiencing:

https://prntly.com/2016/07/29/dnc-ex...illary-speech/
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2

Re: INCREDIBLE! Berny Supporters being Shut Out at DNC

>>>I thought that the Democratic Party is the party of inclusion. ...

Forgive me if I'm skeptical after watching the video. First, I'm not sure how this person distinguishes a "white noise machine" from a speaker, other than that the speaker shown is white, or from what unimpeachable source she gets the information about $50 rent-a-scabs, except from other vehemently anti-Clinton delegates. It may indeed be true, but I have some doubts when this website has headlines like
    Did Clinton’s Judge Release Hinckley To Kill Trump?

But I'll work hard to believe it.
    Cheers—
    Conrad

3. Gratitude expressed by 5 members:

4. TopTop #3
    Valley Oak

This is a right wing hit piece from a right wing echo chamber. Just click to see their home page:
    https://prntly.com

Please check your sources before you post right wing swill and propaganda. This is not honest reporting; it is not even reporting at all.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by aFlowerChild: View Post
    I thought that the Democratic Party is the party of inclusion. ...
    Last edited by Bella Stolz; 07-30-2016 at 09:49 AM.

5. Gratitude expressed by 7 members:

6. TopTop #4
    aFlowerChild

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Edward Mendoza: View Post
    This is a right wing hit piece from a right wing echo chamber. Just click to see their home page:

Please check your sources before you post right wing swill and propaganda. This is not honest reporting; it is not even reporting at all.
    prntly is indeed a right wing site. The story showed up in my newsfeed. Unlike some of you, I like to read all sides of the story and make my own decision. I do not need to be spoon fed by only "approved" news sources.

The woman in the video is a Democrat, a rightful delegate to the DNC and a Bernie Sanders supporter. She represents 19,000 DEMOCRATS. A gentleman also in the video represents 200,000 DEMOCRATS in Southern California. And on it goes. The empty seats with 'reserved' signs on them are real. Only deaf, dumb and blind have not yet heard about the $50.00 paid to actors to fill the empty seats left by the Sanders supporters. The two hour delay that Sanders supporters, only Sanders supporters, experienced to get into the convention hall, is real. The guys in the bright vests that are sent over to quiet Sanders supporters are real. The machine that is used to manufacture clapping sounds ... is real. As for white noise ... I can only say that the young lady is boots on the ground there ... apparently she had access to on-the-spot information. I was undecided for whom to vote prior to this Convention but certainly not now.

And frankly, the rude manner in which you responded only furthers my belief, based on YOUR actions, that Hillary supporters are incapable of intelligent discourse when it comes to discussing anything at all. Name calling, flash judgements based on their own bias, angry retorts ... this is still a free country and you may express yourself in any manner that you wish .... but frankly, attacking one of your own is really pretty short-sighted and only furthers to widen the gap in the party. (actually, you were not so bad, not great but not so bad. My response is to you and the other fellow combined) We really do need to grow up. So what if 'prtly' reported this story? It's true. The labeling and distrust and dismissal of a story because we may not agree with the political posture of the venue that reported the story has got to go. The WikiLeaks emails prove that the DNC is controlling the information that makes it to major news sources ... Oh well, probably wasting my breath.

I was shocked and disappointed and AM shocked and disappointed at the level of manipulation that is going on.

7. TopTop #5
    Icssoma

if you watched the convention you will see how much time was given to bernie supporters from day one til day 4. npr interviewed them daily. tremendous efforts were made at inclusion: from incorporating many ideas/ideals in the platform, to bernie and supporters having key roles as speakers, from talking about the "bernie movement" and recognizing the movement of people who brought energy and ideas by many speakers ( referencing people who were "feeling the bern"), acknowledged frequently, and interviewed at many turns. you will here bernie supporters booing during various speeches--right up to and including the final day, the last speech. (on the 4th day they are wearing yellow glow in the dark t shirts).

it brought several to quote obama's words "vote don't boo", sara silverman "you are being ridiculous", me--how could people be so disrespectful when an individuals or groups are trying to talk about their experience serving our country. (in reminded me of those of us who in the 60's were working to end the war and made the horrible mistake of putting our outrage about our involvement in vietnam on soldiers who were serving/had returned. it took us a generation to learn the painful lesson that this was a destructive and ugly way to vent when we were trying to build a coalition of activists for peace.) it was clear that some of bernie's supporters had no sense of those lessons from the 60's. i hope some of the supporters will learn a bit of history, while they have an opportunity for change.

this convention made HUGE efforts at inclusion. only you can decide if you want to take a chance on loosing the opportunity of a great supreme court, fighting in washington to end citizens united, continuing our involvement on climate change, which just started with the obama administration, or make change the shameful terms tied to student loans. you are in a position to see and hear what happened, to influence others, and choose to continue to work for these important causes and other issues addressing social justice.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by aFlowerChild: View Post
    I thought that the Democratic Party is the party of inclusion. I am shocked, sickened and appalled at what is going on at the DNC. ...
    Last edited by Barry; 08-01-2016 at 02:24 PM.

8. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

9. TopTop #6
    Hotspring 44

I would like to see a followup on that to see what ultimately happened with those seats.

I don't have time to elaborate much but I did some investigating of prntly.
    The owner is Alexander Portelli from Albany NY.
    He is Libertarian, ran for mayor in Albany NY; an interview of him as mayoral candidate is @: https://www.blogtalkradio.com/cynpoo...ander-portelli

I don't think he is a Trump hack.
    Likkedin page: https://www.linkedin.com/in/alexander-portelli-578229a2

He apparently does have experience being systemically shunted by the establishment political system much like the Bernie Sanders supporters have claimed to have been, and all of whom may still be even now: (being) 'shunted' by the 'establishment' political 'insiders'.

Also, there is some apparent focus on his (Alexander Portelli) website on this issue which no doubt could be considered as being bias....
    ...IOW, there could be factual things left out of the so-called 'reporting' which leaves out crucial information... (intentionally or just a lack of quality in investigative reporting?; I can't say for sure right now; I don't have time to check on that)... ...which would change the conclusion from the what the video portrays the situation would ultimately be judged as.
    Quote Posted in reply to the post by Edward Mendoza: View Post

10. TopTop #7
    aFlowerChild

Thank you! for your well thought out, well informed response. I appreciate and honor what you say.

I do know that that the "Bernie Movement" was given wide response in drawing up the Democratic platform. A lot of work went into that and many were very hopeful going into the convention.

And while I agree that efforts were made for inclusion, gays, black lives matter, etc. it seems that stopped once we were inside the Convention.

It was not right, fair or just the way that bernie and his supporters were 'handled' when he would not whole-heartedly endorse Hillary. SOMETHING must have happened to cause him to leave the Democratic Party so abruptly ...

Unity is valuable ... but I am not going to sell my soul for the sake of a party that may not actually represent the things that I believe in.

People who were actually there report that bernie supporters were de facto disenfranchised. If this is how 'we' treat the members of our own party in a Convention, how in the world are we to trust that the nation will be well run according to our beliefs.

I truly am at a loss but will not give into thug tactics of any party.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Icssoma: View Post
    if you watched the convention you will see how much time was given to bernie supporters from...
    Last edited by Barry; 08-01-2016 at 02:26 PM.