Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    typewriter

Internalized oppression group – – queer, trans*, gender variant, disability & ableism

Hello,

Thanks for reading – – I'm looking to form a discussion/dialogue group with other feminist oriented queer and/or disabled identified participants , open to all genders, to explore our own internalized oppression and support one another in our growth: to share in a safe space , provide feedback and support, and connect about what impacts our oppression, Pain and traumas have in our lives, and the struggles, and the sweet stuff, the tough and the fruitful. To take place in Sebastopol (location and frequency TBD).

Areas of particular interest to me include internalized ableism, Fat phobia, as well as intersectionality w/sexism, queer and trans and intersex marginalization, and other oppression. My intention is that this will be a collaborative group with shared facilitation responsibilities, and we will begin by discussing our needs and desires as collaborators are, including our accessibility needs individually and what our hopes and expectations of Collaboration encompass. Please come with an open mind (check your agenda), and a working Understanding of power, privilege, institutionalized oppression/systems of oppression and/or be willing to commit to self-study. If you identify as male in any way, or have in the past, please be doing the work of actively examining your potential sexism.

I am a queer, Disabled and fat identified 30 year old woman with autoimmune, musculoskeletal, and pain diseases. I hold strong Queer, transgender, genderqueer, intersex and antiracist activist values. If you are interested please email. If you are interested please email: [email protected].

I look forward to hearing from you!
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 2 members: