Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1

Hound Dog Looking for Country Home!

I found "Walker" about three and a half weeks ago in a completely malnourished state, covered in ticks, and without a collar. We have been unable to find his owner, so now I am looking for his forever home! I would love to keep the sweet boy but I know that there is a more ideal environment for him out there. The vet determined he was 1-1.5 years old and about 60 lbs. He is a male redtick coonhound with beautiful markings. He is a great dog, house-broken, but needs space to run, play, and sniff everything! He loves people and dogs (although he has displayed timidness at first) and hates to be alone - so a house with other dogs would be ideal (not sure about cats, I would be hesitant since he )! He has never shown any aggression but I probably wouldn't recommend him with small children just because he is a pretty big guy and can be really playful at times!

He has gained weight and his coat is looking much better, but he is still very thin so his diet will continue to be important for some time. He is not good on a leash - he definitely just needs a big yard to play in, but where he can't escape from because his nose takes him places! He is smart and would love for someone to spend time training him, or he would also be a great hunting dog.

He is full of love and loyalty, but just wants to be settled somewhere! I am in the process of finalizing his necessary vaccines. Please let me know if you or anyone you know is in a good situation for this dog! I am not asking for any money for him, I just want him to find the right home.
    Attached Thumbnails (click thumbnail for larger view) Attached Thumbnails (click thumbnail for larger view) Expand   Expand  
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

3. TopTop #2
    Shepherd

Re: Hound Dog Looking for Country Home!

Hi Gabrielle,
    I hope that you have found a person and place for Walker. I have a Catahoula leopard hound, who is about 50 lbs., 3 years old. She is always looking for playmates. So if you, a possible new human companion for Walker, or others out there would like to bring humans or dogs to play with Winnie at my farm, we have a free dog park. We are located slightly south of Sebastopol, up from Hardcore Coffee on Highway116. I can also be reached at 829-8185, where I take calls after 7 a.m. If anyone might like, I can send you a photo of my six-colored hound, who is very playful, with dogs and humans of all sizes.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Gabrielle Macklin: View Post
    I found "Walker" about three and a half weeks ago in a completely malnourished state, covered in ticks, and without a collar. We have been unable to find his owner, so now I am looking for his forever home!....
    Last edited by Barry; 07-24-2016 at 12:03 PM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email