Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    natural home

Sebastopol/Bernie Rally/Dance

Hey Community! Our Local Hero/peace activist Barry Ponneck has taken it upon himself to organize an unofficial dance/fund raiser to support Bernie Sanders
    on Sunday night May 29th.7:00 Supposedly, the Sebastopol Community Center is fine with charging him 1100 dollars for a evening..but because it is a "political" event they will not put any promotion up on the marquee nor do any publicity on Morris and Bodega? Even though this is a fund-raiser for the Bernie campaign it does not fall under a non-profit status,supposedly.This to me is outrageous and I am planning on calling and if others do also, maybe they could find a way to discount this..... Sunday on Memorial day week-end most likely would have been empty, anyway. Could there be a Clinton supporter behind this?hmmm.

Susan
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

3. TopTop #2
    Chris Dec
    Supporting Member

Re: Sebastopol/Bernie Rally/Dance

Let me add: So, if you are going, bear in mind it was Barry Ponneck's own money he had to put up, and we are asking two things: to donate to Bernie's campaign by going online, and to donate cash to the event to help defray the cost of the rent, the music, refreshments, etc. We are all in this together!

Quote Posted in reply to the post by natural home: View Post
    Hey Community! Our Local Hero/peace activist Barry Ponneck has taken it upon himself to organize an unofficial dance/fund raiser to support Bernie Sanders
    on Sunday night May 29th.7:00 Supposedly, the Sebastopol Community Center is fine with charging him 1100 dollars for a evening..but because it is a "political" event they will not put any promotion up on the marquee nor do any publicity on Morris and Bodega? Even though this is a fund-raiser for the Bernie campaign it does not fall under a non-profit status,supposedly.This to me is outrageous and I am planning on calling and if others do also, maybe they could find a way to discount this..... Sunday on Memorial day week-end most likely would have been empty, anyway. Could there be a Clinton supporter behind this?hmmm.

Susan

4. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

5. TopTop #3
    wildflower

Too bad the SCCC feels ok about charging this rate! All of that money could have gone to Bernie!
    How do you possibly make over and above that to donate to the cause???
    I don't get it!
    Quote Posted in reply to the post by Chris Dec: View Post
    Let me add: So, if you are going, bear in mind it was Barry Ponneck's own money he had to put up, and we are asking two things: to donate to Bernie's campaign by going online, and to donate cash to the event to help defray the cost of the rent, the music, refreshments, etc. We are all in this together!
    Last edited by Barry; 05-30-2016 at 01:02 PM.

6. TopTop #4
    Shandi

Does anyone have information on the end result (financial) and attendance at this event? It's now Thursday, with no further comments here. I must have missed where it was stated what the entrance fee was, maybe in Events. I'll check on that.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by wildflower: View Post
    Too bad the SCCC feels ok about charging this rate! All of that money could have gone to Bernie!
    How do you possibly make over and above that to donate to the cause???
    I don't get it!