Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Ivers

5th District Signage

Quote Posted in reply to the post by riverosprey: View Post
    Nice sign Zeno, but I think our signs are better, real works of art :0).

kind regards to all (including Lisa Maldonado :).

Tom "Developer Lackey" Lynch

p.s. Thank you Shepherd for your kind words on deaf ears :).

I like your fence sign immensely. Because some signs (e.g. in downtown Forestville) block a driver's ability to see--is Palm Drive trying to drum up more business? Is Sergent trying to take out any voter that goes to a hardware store? It's not just those two but this LACK OF VISION has been ongoing throughout the county. I can't see voting for them.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

3. TopTop #2
    Glia

5th District Signage

If the sign is truly blocking drivers' line of sight and making a traffic safety issue -- including for pedestrians -- then *report it to the CHP.* That is part of their job, and they will inform the property owner to move the sign or take it down.
    Last edited by Barry; 05-16-2016 at 12:01 PM.

4. TopTop #3
    terijane

5th District Signage

How about reporting the disruptive sign to the candidate and giving them a chance to reposition it before calling CHP?

And, after the election is over consider this terrific way to recycle the signs... consider temporary homeless shelters! Whaddya think?
    https://www.doityourselfrv.com/diy-co...icycle-camper/

5. TopTop #4
    mouse

Re: 5th District Signage

I request that the "frontrunners" get their signage off of the Joe Rodota Trail. We go there to decompress and relax, not be reminded that two candidates have over $100,000.00 to burn. Then again, if you see a sign on the trail you know who not to vote for....
    Last edited by Barry; 05-16-2016 at 11:58 AM.

6. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

7. TopTop #5
    Ken Sund

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Ivers: View Post
    I like your fence sign immensely. Because some signs (e.g. in downtown Forestville) block a driver's ability to see--is Palm Drive trying to drum up more business? Is Sergent trying to take out any voter that goes to a hardware store? It's not just those two but this LACK OF VISION has been ongoing throughout the county. I can't see voting for them.
    35 years of protecting the environment for building permits that allow the industrialization of the coastal hills. Think Ratna Ling and Fort Ross winery. Thanks Tom Lynch. You alone are undoing your legacy.
    Ken Sund.
    Jenner.

8. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

9. TopTop #6
    gratonite

I just drove through Forestville today, and saw the Tim Sergent signs by the hardware store and La Rosa. Neither of them were obstructing my view at all. Maybe they've moved them since you were there last? I'd call that responsive representation.

...Is Sergent trying to take out any voter that goes to a hardware store? It's not just those two but this LACK OF VISION has been ongoing throughout the county. I can't see voting for them.
    Last edited by Barry; 05-17-2016 at 01:24 PM.

10. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

11. TopTop #7
    Ivers

Did you try parking in front of the hardware store and then backing out? Kind of scary. As for the Palm Drive sign, you are right--but in earlier campaigns there were many "Open Our Hospital" signs that were very hazardous. And since that sign is still up, perhaps I should have complained about its longevity? I also remember a Hopkins sign blocking my vision--on 116 by Mom's perhaps--but maybe the CHP or the responsive candidate corrected it? Do people really make their choices as a result of all these ugly signs? Sad.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by gratonite: View Post
    I just drove through Forestville today, and saw the Tim Sergent signs by the hardware store and La Rosa. Neither of them were obstructing my view at all. Maybe they've moved them since you were there last? I'd call that responsive representation.

12. Gratitude expressed by:

13. TopTop #8
    Momof2

Blocking view by the Hardware store...I drive by there at least 3 times a week & the view is not blocked. Tim Sergent has put every sign up himself and they are in front of businesses & on properties where he is supported. It should not be a surprise that many businesses in Forestville have his signs up in front... Why? Because Tim Sergent has lived there for 17 years. Local businesses support Tim because they knew him long before he was running for office. Tim has shopped locally and is a frequent customer in Forestville supporting our way of life. Signs are awareness that there are 5 choices in this race and my vote is for Tim Sergent
    Did you try parking in front of the hardware store and then backing out? ....
    Last edited by Barry; 05-22-2016 at 08:29 PM.

14. Gratitude expressed by:

15. TopTop #9
    Ivers

Did you try parking in front of the hardware store and then backing out?
    My intent was not to make this about your preferred candidate.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Momof2: View Post
    ...I drive by there at least 3 times a week & the view is not blocked. ...
    Last edited by Barry; 05-22-2016 at 08:30 PM.

16. TopTop #10
    mouse

Are you still having trouble maneuvering in Forestville because of sign placement or has that been resolved?

Did you try parking in front of the hardware store and then backing out? ...
    Last edited by Barry; 05-22-2016 at 08:30 PM.

17. TopTop #11
    Ivers

Don't know. Haven't been back. The nice part about Forestville is one can usually walk. Unless one is picking up heavy hardware items! But thanks for asking!

Quote Posted in reply to the post by mouse: View Post
    Are you still having trouble maneuvering in Forestville because of sign placement or has that been resolved?

18. TopTop #12
    Momof2

I think you did that in the very first post of this string. No big deal...just sayin' ! Thank gosh we all get a voice and a vote.

Did you try parking in front of the hardware store and then backing out?
    My intent was not to make this about your preferred candidate.
    Last edited by Barry; 05-22-2016 at 08:31 PM.

19. TopTop #13
    Scott McKeown

On the topic of signage, I can't help but notice how so many of the Lynda Hopkins signs are placed on the properties of the very wealthiest and largest landowners and wineries around the 5th District. I don't mean to imply that wealthy landowners are somehow unsavory people, but just that when there's a pattern one takes notice.

It's not a universal rule, but in my experience the interests of the wealthiest -- which around here would include large vineyard owners -- have often not aligned so well with my own. I'm not besmirching Lynda Hopkins here, who I've never met and who people I respect seem to like. I'm just saying that if the intention of putting up all those large signs on the properties of the largest landowners and vineyards was to win over votes, it's actually having the opposite effect with mine.

Scott

20. Gratitude expressed by 2 members: