Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    terijane

5th District Homeless

I opened my childcare center in Guerneville in Dec. 2008, just as the recession hit. If I had been able to complete the required upgrades to building codes the year before as planned I would have been ok. But our confounded PRMD delayed my business for 14 mo. and thousands of $ more while they continued to bomblast me with more regulations, then changes to those regs. depending on who came to approve the work on any given day. (Sorry, didn't mean to vent.) The point is that I had to let my house fall into foreclosure during this time so I could fund the improvements to a building that would provide childcare to the River. I was THAT close to being homeless and living in my car as a business owner. Many, many of us are THAT close!

We need compassion and creativity to help people with no permanent residences. I applaud the proposed Tiny Home village for homeless in Santa Rosa! I am heartened by the revamped motel on Santa Rosa Ave. for our homeless vets, but it's not enough! We need tent towns, car park villages, revamped houses-in-foreclosure, tiny temporary safe habitats https://www.mythpla.org/ It's not that complicated! Whadda say?
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 7 members: