Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Dixon

Small choir needed to perform live with avant-rock legends

Hey, all you singers--

One of my favorite bands, an international bunch from Germany called Faust which doesn't make it to this country to play very often, is playing in San Francisco on Saturday, March 19th, in a nice venue called The Chapel. Though not well known in this country, Faust have a rabid following of admirers internationally, and are legendary and influential in experimental/avant/dada/krautrock circles. They are augmenting their small band with local guest musicians in each town. Being Internet friends with one of the main members, I've volunteered to arrange some collaborators. One thing they need is a choir, at least a few voices, which they want to use on three of the songs they'll perform that night. That's where you may come in.

Though legendary, Faust have never made much money, so cannot offer much remuneration. But if some of y'all would enjoy participating in what will no doubt be a wild, anarchic, childlike, intense, silly, playful, risk-taking and spontaneous event, this is your opportunity. Choir experience is helpful, but, as Faust's tour manager Jeanne-Marie says: "We are looking for some voices again ... They don't have to be trained singers , more joyful, playful, alive!"

Here are the original studio versions of two of the three songs the choir will perform on (I couldn't find a recording of the third song). If y'all decide to do this, I will connect you with the band to figure out vocal arrangements.

From 1997, here's "Men from the Moon":
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-fc...AI49SPWprwYnEI

And from 1972, "It's a Rainy Day", featuring the hypnotic "motorik" beat. A choir would sweeten this considerably:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRxvQmTTz5I

And for more info on the rather strange history of Faust, this article:
    https://www.bbc.com/culture/story/20...rmanys-beatles

Anyone interested, please call me and we can maybe play with your choir or some subset of it, or put together an ad hoc choir for this one fun event.

Thanks;
    Dixon
    (seven-oh-seven) five-two-seven, six-one-six-three
    Last edited by Barry; 03-01-2016 at 01:56 PM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by: