Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Shandi

Recycling News from the "front end" PD article on tightening rules

I did some digging to see what changes have been made to recycling in our county, and came across this PD article from Oct 2015, "S C Garbage company tightens rules". There's also a short recycling quiz, and you may not pass it if you don't know the recent rule on clean plastic bags.

As I would suspect, there are certain problem areas including Roseland, and apartment complexes. But surprisingly, the Fountain Grove area is also a culprit. I once worked for a affluent family, who had two small school children, and never separated anything. I wondered how the children managed to hold the obvious conflict between what they learned in school about the value of recycling, and what they saw at home. They also threw away good usable items, rather than donate. Many times, I hauled things to thrift stores, rather than accept the waste.

Anyway, if you want to learn about why our recycling has become problematic, and our dirty stuff is being rejected by China and other countries, read it and weep. "We are our own worst enemy." A very informative article: (
    WARNING~Graphic images!)

https://www.pressdemocrat.com/news/4611865-181/sonoma-county-garbage-company-tightens
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by: