Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Sara S
    Auntie Wacco

Local Woman Raped by Safeway (friend of mine)

Sebastopol Rape Victim Comes Forward with Plea

THE PRESS DEMOCRAT | January 30, 2016, 4:57PM
    Tilly Cretcher is the Sebastopol resident who six weeks ago told police a man grabbed and raped her as she walked toward her home not far from the Main Street/Healdsburg Avenue bend.

Cretcher is speaking up and publicly revealing her name, which is unusual for a victim of sexual assault. No suspect has been identified or arrested in her case.

A 51-year-old caregiver, Cretcher said she’s conflicted about telling her story, but she and her husband, Bill, whom she says was disabled by a stroke and is unable to work, are in a terrible spot financially.

On Jan. 5, less than three weeks after the reported rape, Cretcher was badly injured in a traffic collision on Gravenstein Highway South. The CHP says it appears she attempted a U-turn and pulled in front of another vehicle.

“I have a broken neck and I have a shoulder injury that prevents me from using my left arm very much,” she said. “I won’t be working for three or four months.”

Friends of Cretcher have posted a crowdfunding appeal at www.gofundme.com/f639vcuc.

“It has been a very rough patch,” Robin Durrie wrote in the online GoFundMe request.

The appeal asks for $20,000 for living expenses and the costs of medical care and a replacement car.

Cretcher said she hopes that for her to reveal her name and describe her hardships since alleged Dec. 20 attack “might be helpful for the community. It’s like a way to channel the anger that they feel.”
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 5 members: