Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    City of Sebastopol

Volunteers Needed for Sebastopol Community Center floor replacement.

From: Diana Rich <[email protected]> Executive Director - Sebastopol Community Cultural Center
    Date: Sun, Jan 10, 2016
    Subject: SCCC - Update - Volunteer Needs For Floor Project This Week

We still need help this week for our flooring project in the Main Hall.

Monday January 11, 10am to 2pm: Demolition Day! Just show up. No need to let me know in advance. Bring your friends! We'll take as many volunteers as are willing to show up! Wolfgang Dilger (a wonderful local contractor) will haul away all the existing floor tiles for us. All we need to do is pull them up and get them into his truck. Bring work gloves if you have them (we'll set you up if you don't). The goal is to get the entire existing floor pulled up and hauled away by 2pm!!

Tuesday January 12 & Wednesday January 13: Installation Days. Contact me directly, in advance, if you are interested. We need to know exactly who will be there so we can assign teams to get this done smoothly. Bring gloves if you have them.

Thursday January 14 & Friday January 15: Finishing/Clean Up Days as Needed. Let me know if you could make yourself available if needed. We're hoping we'll be done by Wednesday evening ( yes, I'm ever the optimist!) but you never know.... If you're willing, we'll put you on the "on call" list so we can reach out if necessary.

Thank you to Jim Pacatte (Pacatte Construction) of the Sebastopol Rotary Club, for helping oversee the installation of the new flooring.

Refreshments Provided. We'll provide the refreshments (coffee, tea, rolls, pizza, etc). All we need from you is your help. Good physical shape is a must. We won't be doing any heavy lifting, but there will be plenty of bending and moving about. No construction skills are required - the floor tiles are about 1 ft x 1 ft square and snap together. (They have to be removable because of our flooding risk.) All you'll need is good cheer and a commitment to getting the job done.

Please show up Monday to help with demolition (10am to 2pm) and let me know if you're available for any days the rest of the week.

I hope to hear from you soon!
    Diana Rich, Executive Director
    Sebastopol Community Cultural Center
    707 479-1717
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by: