Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Shepherd

PD letter supporting huge Dairyman Winery & event center in Laguna de Santa Rosa

The following letter in support of the Dairyman Winery and event center appears in today's PD. Comments can be sent to the following link:

https://www.pressdemocrat.com/opinion/5013209-181/tuesdays-letters-to-the-editor?ref=menu

Some people think that having Caryl Hart, the park director, describe the crossing as "unsafe & inappropriate" is a deal breaker. That may not be the case, so it is important to keep the pressure on, not only for this inappropriate winery as event center in the wrong place, but for other such applicants. Let's set a positive precedent by defeating this application.

Trail crossing
    EDITOR: I was disappointed and dismayed when I read that access across the Joe Rodota Trail was denied to the Dairyman Winery and Distillery project (“Blow to winery plan,” Dec. 24).

The owner of Dairyman, Joe Wagner, is a well-respected member of the wine industry and a man of honor and integrity. He is willing to work with the county parks department. However, it seems that the department has little or no interest in any dialogue to resolve this issue.

I’m confused about the statement by the parks director, Caryl Hart, that a grade-level crossing would be “unsafe and inappropriate.” Hart acknowledges that she has “not had an opportunity to review any studies or proposals.” This is her conclusion without reviewing studies or proposals? That does not make good sense on a good day.

An underpass to accommodate cyclists and pedestrians, without the impediment of traffic, seems to be a safe and viable solution. Wagner is willing to construct an underpass that would safely route cyclists and pedestrians beneath the driveway to his property. This is a fair and equitable resolution to a very questionable decision of fairness.

I would respectfully suggest that Hart revisit this application and remain unbiased until all of the studies and proposals are reviewed.

ROBERT BRUGIONI, Santa Rosa
    Last edited by Bella Stolz; 01-05-2016 at 09:54 AM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 2 members: