Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Shandi

Update on Sega, the dog who was given a 3 day eviction ending Saturday, Dec 19

Update! Sega has a new home, and will be on a long road trip to get there. A GoFundMe page has been set up at https://www.gofundme.com/tefn34ys has been set up to help get him there. Jason will be driving him to Kansas City, MO, and needs help with food and lodging there and back. Please help Sega on this journey to his new home. I'm not sure how this came about, but it's been a stressful time since his guardian got a 3 day eviction notice for Sega, and many of us have been involved in helping in one way or another. If anyone knows the details of how Sega found a home, please let us know.

If anyone can donate $50 for me, I will pay you, but I have no money in my account until my
    Social Security comes in on Jan 3rd , unless I get some cash deposited in my account for Xmas.

Thank you for sharing this story with people you know who might be able to help get Sega to his new home.

My Facebook post:

Please help with expenses for a long journey to bring Sega to his new home in Kansas City, MO. His loving guardian has to give him up because the landlord gave Sega a 3 day eviction notice, since he wasn't on the lease. He's a good dog, never caused a problem. Several of us have been networking to solve this heart breaking situation, and save him from being put in a shelter, and possibly euthanized because of his breed. Please help by donating whatever you can, as an animal lover. Every little bit helps. I'm trying to get a $50 loan so I can support this cause, until my SS check comes in on Jan 3rd. They leave for the long journey this Weds. Dec. 23.

Let's see what we can do to smooth the rough edges for Jason having to give up his best friend. Thank you for your heartfelt compassion.
    Last edited by Barry; 12-22-2015 at 11:31 PM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by:

3. TopTop #2
    Shandi

Re: Update on Sega, the dog who was given a 3 day eviction ending Saturday, Dec 19

Thank you to anyone who's helped in any way, with emails to friends, sharing on your FB page and other sites, but especially now on this, hopefully, his last long journey to a forever home. You have made a difference in a "best friend's" life, and that of his guardian. Please share what you can. We never know when we will be the one needing financial help to continue on our journey.

https://www.gofundme.com/tefn34ys At this time, there's been $175 contributed, but a lot more will be needed to cover basic food/lodging for this long trip across the country, with weather threatening driving conditions. Wishing Sega could fly, but he needs to go ASAP. Boarding is too expensive, and no local foster has stepped up. I would if I could, in a minute!

Wishing unexpected blessings to all my SPN /Facebook friends, WaccoBB contacts, Nextdoor neighbors, and beyond.

Last edited by Barry; 12-22-2015 at 11:32 PM.

4. Gratitude expressed by:

5. TopTop #3
    Esmae13

Re: Update on Sega, the dog who was given a 3 day eviction ending Saturday, Dec 19

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Shandi: View Post
    At this time, there's been $175 contributed, but a lot more will be needed to cover basic food/lodging for this long trip across the country, with weather threatening driving conditions. Wishing Sega could fly, but he needs to go ASAP. Boarding is too expensive, and no local foster has stepped up.
    Heartfelt greetings!

1. I have some important information that may provide a legal loophole for Jason to KEEP Sega, that the landlord is unable to contest.
    2. I can doggysit Sega near Costco/Target area for a 'brief' time semi-indefinitely, at least until January 3rd, as you mentioned. (I have a moderate amount of food and other doggy supplies already from my own beloved furfriend, who passed away due to cancer.)
    3. I am willing and able to loan Shandi (Sandy M.) or Jason the $50, if that is still the option you choose.

Please feel free to contact me via voice or text at: (707) 338-4437 for more information!

6. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

7. TopTop #4
    Shandi

Thank you Esmae, for your offers, and for offering to loan me $50 so I can contribute to Sega's journey with his guardian Jason. They left early this morning. Last time I checked, only $195 had been contributed. This is about $800 short of what's needed to pay for expenses including boarding Sega since he was evicted on Saturday. This is the most current update I have from Jason's mom, Maggie, [email protected]:

"Thanks for your continued efforts to assist us to provide the perfect home for Sega and our commitment to keeping Sega safe and warm during this transitional period. The donations have covered:

*4 days board and care at Kings Kastle in Windsor
    *Gas for the long trip to and from Missouri
    *Food during the trip
    *Snow chains for my son's car

My son just left this morning with the car packed and Sega snuggled into a warm soft spot for the long drive to Missouri. We are still short on money to cover 3 nights lodging during the trip. All assistance is deeply appreciated.
    Any pay pal donations can be sent to: Annettet@sonic.net

Thank you each and every one. If you want to forward this out to all those involved in helping us to make this happen I send my thanks for your loving hearts.
    God bless us, everyone...."

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Esmae13: View Post
    ...I am willing and able to loan Shandi (Sandy M.) or Jason the $50, if that is still the option you choose.

Please feel free to contact me via voice or text at: (707) 338-4437 for more information!
    Last edited by Bella Stolz; 12-24-2015 at 01:04 PM.

8. Gratitude expressed by:

9. TopTop #5
    Shandi

URGENT SITUATION on Jason and Sega's journey!

Jason has NOT received enough funds to be able to get restful sleep in a bed, and is running on low energy and grief at having to give his best friend away. This is a dangerous combination! Lack of sleep can be like drunk driving.

Recall a time when you didn't have enough sleep, but had to keep driving hundreds of miles to get to your destination, and then turn around and go back. Imagine if this was your son, and how your heart would be in fear for his safety..

This is a message from Jason's mom.

Although she says prayers are needed most, they won't get him a bed in a motel room. Only money can do that. Please tune in to your compassion, and your ability to provide relief in this critical situation.

PayPal donations are best since there's no fee involved. They need to go to
    [email protected] (remember the T after annette)

The GoFundMe page is https://www.gofundme.com/tefn34ys

"At this time what we need most are powerful prayers for Sega's dad, Jason, as he completes the last leg of this very long journey. He's still about 300 miles from the final destination and will then have to turn around and make the drive home tomorrow. Jason is in deep grief. He had no idea how far the drive to Missouri actually was and how much time it would take. He's driving on not enough sleep and fear about having to take more time off work to get home. Money to pay his bills is at the top of his list. He's not thinking clearly because of lack of sleep and fear of spending the money to rent a room so he can get a good nights sleep."

10. Gratitude expressed by:

11. TopTop #6
    Shandi

Recent message from Jason on GoFundMe:

"Thank you all for donating, I am home safe and Sega is in his new home! I drove 3800 miles in 6 days, 13 hours a day of driving. Put a lot of miles on my new car, now i need a car wash very badly and an oil change! I appreciate all the help and so does Sega. Have a happy new year! Mahalo-Jason"

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Shandi: View Post
    URGENT SITUATION on Jason and Sega's journey!...
    Last edited by Barry; 12-31-2015 at 03:12 PM.

12. Gratitude expressed by: