Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Jude Iam

if you use vitamins and supplements, check out this site -

hi fellow wacco hale and hearty health-conscious folks.

winter: perhaps time to boost your immune system? (always a good idea, i think.) i've used www.vitacost.com for many years to buy supplements of all sorts.

why? terrific variety and quality, ability to "compare" easily, best prices (even 2 for 1 specials) and customer service, and free shipping on orders over $50.

if you like the site and place a first order over $30, you and i both get $10 each off our orders by using this link:

https://www.vitacost.com/refer-a-fri...67.84946.59805

for referral, please enter: Judith + Iam Iam and [email protected] thanks.

OH, just happens that there's15% off EVRYTHING and huge number of specials NOW.

blessings of good health in all ways, jude
    Last edited by Bella Stolz; 12-01-2015 at 12:58 PM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

3. TopTop #2
    bill shearer

Re: if you use vitamins and supplements, check out this site -

if you use vitamins and supplements, check out these sites
    Cheers, Dodie

https://www.consumerreports.org/cro/...ginMethod=auto
    https://www.health.harvard.edu/stayi...-immune-system

4. TopTop #3
    Shandi

We all know that we can "trust" the FDA, right? And we can trust the prescriptions handed out so easily by our M.D.s? And we can trust the pharmaceutical companies to have our best interests at heart? But we can't trust supplements like garlic, milk thistle, or many others that have their origin in plant materials. I've never read anything that indicated that supplements cure anything, but I'm open to learning which ones do this. Most marketing is geared to our "wishful thinking", and we never read the "fine print".

People in general are looking for a "quick fix", which is unreasonable to begin with, since it took awhile for them to get whatever health disorder they have. There will always be unscrupulous companies, doctors, salespeople, and also even grandmas who recommend "home remedies". I'm one of those who starts by treating my beginning sore throat (which I've had about 5 time in my life) by gargling with Vitamin C crystals. If I'm aware of subtle changes in my body, I can prevent a lot of symptoms from becoming a health problem. I've been amazed at how well it works.

A neighbor recently came down with painful Shingles, and I recommended Apple Cider Vinegar to cleanse the skin, and then to apply Tea Tree ointment. He said it really helped the pain, and showed me how the eruptions had decreased. A week later, they were hardly noticeable. He was having trouble sleeping, and cannabis cookies helped a lot. He was given Vicodin for the pain, and he proceeded to show me a trick to release the Tylenol, so it wouldn't affect his compromised liver from Hep C.

I always turn to home remedies, unless it's a broken bone. There are even natural anti-biotic remedies that I've used. I've never had a "doctor" except to deliver babies and set broken bones. I only have one now because I have Kaiser. I'm obligated to see her once a year, and get blood work. So, the old saying "ask your doctor" never applied, because no doctor knew me better than I knew myself.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by bill shearer: View Post
    if you use vitamins and supplements, check out these sites...

5. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

6. TopTop #4
    Shandi

I have to agree about this site. Also, they have the best prices on Quest Bars, which are the highest rated protein bar, at 20grms. I just ordered a dozen and they were shipped FREE.

I also want to mention that I have some supplements from Vitacost that I was given, and they don't expire for over a year. Let me know if you're interested:

SAMe 2000 4 boxes, Alpha Lipoic Acid L Carnitine 2 bottles, DHEA 10 mg 1 bottle (I use 25mg)

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Jude Iam: View Post
    ...i've used www.vitacost.com for many years to buy supplements of all sorts...