Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Lisa G

Voluneers Wanted to help save Cats and other pets-and help get 501(c)

Dear critter lovers
    Did you know that when persons loose their housing their pets often loose theirs too, ending up mostly at animal control where chances for adoption are minimal. Cats are very at risk - in other areas most end up killed
    I have been trying to start a non profit and seeking persons who can help pursue the paperwok and raise funds for non - profit status.
    It is diffiuclt to raise funds (it costs about $600) before you have the 501.

The effected humans are -mentally ill who get evicted;children sent to shelters/foster homes; person jailed who might live alone; persons living in temporary or make shift buildings/tents who are made to move or hospitalized / jailed;persons who go into a long term rehab - this could be you!

why? becasue these are the people who most often have no family or friends with means to assist
    I have mission statements, domain name and experience-with human/non human animal rescue and education

I need serious, commited, capable persons to get this rescue going- I need knowldegeable folks to help with research and mass of forms needed and to raise the money and will need fosters.
    will have info meet after getting responses (to be clear - there is no pay -this is volunteer )
    phone me (707) 575 9106 or email
    thanks for caring
    lisa and the critters
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by:

3. TopTop #2
    Shandi

Re: Voluneers Wanted to help save Cats and other pets-and help get 501(c)

Lisa, Help is available!! MOTHER Non-Profit.org is a fiscal sponsor, which means you don't have to become a 501c. All you need is your business plan/mission/purpose/etc. and apply. It's only $100, and within a very short time you can start asking for and receiving tax deductible donations and grant funds. Also, the Volunteer Center is a good place to look for volunteers!

MOTHER is new, but already has 3 projects. One involves rescuing horses, another providing music instruction for children, and another much larger one for a re-entry house for released prisoners.

Check it out. Let me know if you have questions. I rent a room from the director, Peter Skaife.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Lisa G: View Post
    Dear critter lovers.... I need knowledgeable folks to help with research and mass of forms needed and to raise the money ...
    Last edited by Barry; 11-27-2015 at 11:11 AM.

4. TopTop #3
    Lisa G

thanks for the tip on the mother non profit - i would want to get my own for friendzforlife but that might be a good start - maybe if I can get 10 volunteers to each donate $10...
    The volunteer center will only help with volunteers only AFTER you have a tax ID number/ non profit status
    I met with them in person hoping for some help

5. TopTop #4
    Shandi

You can use the MOTHER tax ID number for the Volunteer Center. Another great benefit to being under a fiscal sponsor. You get your status very quickly. There's really no need to go through many very detailed steps and expense to get your individual non profit status. It's really not necessary. Consider why you want to create a non-profit. Isn't it to enable you to get funding?

We went through all the time and energy of creating a non-profit. It's extremely time consuming, very stressful, and expensive.

When I lived in Hawaii, I applied through a fiscal sponsor, and was able to get a grant in the amount I asked for within 6 months. It was $5,000. from one corporation, which was all I needed after I detailed my budget for a one time event.

I also got another grant for a women's project 2 years later.

Something to think about....
    Quote Posted in reply to the post by Lisa G: View Post
    thanks for the tip on the mother non profit...
    Last edited by Barry; 11-28-2015 at 03:06 PM.