Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

2nd Democratic Debate - November 2015

Here's a good highlight reel. What did you think?

| Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

3. TopTop #2
    Hotspring 44

Re: 2nd Democratic Debate - November 2015

I keep getting emails from various entities with "surveys" asking me what I think about the debate like; Who do I think 'won' the debate? And who do I think will be nominated?... ...etc, etc..

My issues with the situation at this moment are:
    1- I do not own a TV,

2- I was busy and did not have the time or money to join any paid versions of that kind of media access to get it live on the internet.

3- I now want to see and/or listen to the whole debate, not just hand-picked snippets of it (ARRG!).

4- I am frustrated at how difficult it is to find the whole, unedited debate on the internet as it was broadcast in it's entirety...

...Therefore, in all due respect to the question:
    I really have nothing at this time to say about the so-called YouTube presentation's “Highlights”.

In fact, I will not watch the so-called aforementioned “Highlights” at this point in time simply because without seeing the debate in it's entirety I really have no way to judge if this YouTube presentation's attestations “2nd Democratic Debate Highlights” is even valid as is stated.

Anyway, there may be something else I would have to say as to being a real 'educated' answer to your question if I could actually see or hear the whole unedited debate first.

I am frustrated that MSNBC does not have the debate available on their website (as far as I could ascertain using a website search), nor have I been able to find it anywhere else on the www (in it's entirety); not even on YouTube.

Does anyone know where I can see or at least hear the complete debate using the internet?... ...It would be much appreciated if someone would share with us the link/s to it if you know of any (?).

4. TopTop #3
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Hotspring 44: View Post
    ...Does anyone know where I can see or at least hear the complete debate using the internet?... ...It would be much appreciated if someone would share with us the link/s to it if you know of any (?).
    Here's the full debate (with twitter info, unfortunately):

It was broadcast on CBS.

I think you'll find that the highlight reel I selected is adequate and less sleep-inducing.

They may be wrong on all the issues, but the Republicans are certainly more entertaining!

5. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

6. TopTop #4

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Barry: View Post
    They may be wrong on all the issues, but the Republicans are certainly more entertaining!
    You know, Barry, I think you may just have hit the nail on the head. The reason people don't pay any attention to politics is that it is just not entertaining enough. I have long wanted to pitch the idea of a "Who Wants to Be President?" game show. We would put Bill Moyers and Jimmy Carter in charge, and we would figure out what skills were needed in a president, and devise competitions to test those skills. The winner would be president. Actually I don't see why we should not extend the idea to all public office. No campaign finance, level,playing field, who wants to join my movement?

Patrick Brinton

7. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

8. TopTop #5
    podfish

Quote Posted in reply to the post by pbrinton: View Post
    ... The reason people don't pay any attention to politics is that it is just not entertaining enough. I have long wanted to pitch the idea of a "Who Wants to Be President?" game show. We would put Bill Moyers and Jimmy Carter in charge, and we would figure out what skills were needed in a president, and devise competitions to test those skills. The winner would be president....
    elitist. What an out-of-touch promoter/producer you must be. Who even are those guys? Not 'entertainers', and that's the goal here. There are lots of better game show hosts out there that would do the country proud. I suggest we look to the Japanese game shows to get ideas about the skills we want to test. I bet you were thinking of boring un-photogenic skills, too. I want crocodile pits and fire!

9. Gratitude expressed by: