Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Noreen Evan and Eric Koenigshofer considering running for Efren's seat

The race for Efren's seat is going to be huuuge! Noreen and Eric and both highly qualified (so far, I support Norreen!) and there are other interesting candidates as well. Here's a good roundup.

Barry

Two political veterans considering run for Efren Carrillo’s Sonoma County Board of Supervisors seat

Two seasoned veterans in Sonoma County politics are emerging as contenders in a crowded field of potential candidates for the 5th District supervisor seat held by Efren Carrillo.

Noreen Evans, an attorney and former Santa Rosa councilwoman who retired from the state Senate last year after a decade in the Legislature, is positioning herself for a possible bid for the seat, as is Occidental attorney Eric Koenigshofer, who represented the same district on the Board of Supervisors 35 years ago and is one of Carrillo’s closest advisers.

Carrillo’s second term representing the west county expires at the end of next year. He has not said whether he plans to run for re-election.

Evans, 60, said she is seriously considering a run for supervisor, saying her year away from political office has given her fresh perspective and a renewed interest in local politics.

“Over the 10 years I spent in the state Legislature, I began to realize that real change happens locally, and I can see that there’s a lot of work that needs to get done here on issues I care about — climate change, for example, coastal protection, housing,” Evans said.

To run, she would have to move into the 5th District and out of the Rincon Valley home she purchased earlier this year. Evans said she is searching for housing in the west county district but wasn’t ready to announce a bid until she had lined up the political support necessary to run a strong campaign.

“I’m talking to potential supporters — financial and political — and finding out what people think,” Evans said. “I’m not worried about fundraising. My question is: Do people want me to run?”

Koenigshofer, 65, who represents the Ratto Group, the county’s dominant garbage hauler, said Thursday that he is planning to run if Carrillo does not. He represented the west county for a single term on the Board of Supervisors in the late 1970s and said his interest in the seat has been fueled by his continued roles in the public arena, including posts on county advisory panels weighing winery development and civilian oversight of law enforcement.

“Even when I stepped down from the board, I never left local government,” Koenigshofer said. “I have deep roots in this district and this county.”

Continues here
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

3. TopTop #2
    Shepherd

Re: Noreen Evan and Eric Koenigshofer considering running for Efren's seat

Run, Noreen, Run! She would have my vote.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Barry: View Post
    The race for Efren's seat is going to be huuuge! Noreen and Eric and both highly qualified (so far, I support Norreen!) and there are other interesting candidates as well. Here's a good roundup...

4. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

5. TopTop #3
    Richard Nichols

I had some concerns about Noreen running, but that was when I thought we might have another qualified candidate named Sarah Gurney, but she is not interested and Noreen is definitely qualified, having represented the West County as a state legislator. Eric, no thanks.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Shepherd: View Post

6. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

7. TopTop #4
    beshiva

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Richard Nichols: View Post
    I had some concerns about Noreen running, but that was when I thought we might have another qualified candidate named Sarah Gurney, but she is not interested and Noreen is definitely qualified, having represented the West County as a state legislator. Eric, no thanks.

what to do about Efren C.....how do we replace him, and with whom? Koenigshofer was put on the Task Force
    by Efren, they are two peas in a pod. Eric is the supervisor of big business, and like Efren, never met a winery/event center he didn't support. If you want more wine expansion, then vote for him.
    He was a member of the Accountability/Oversight subcommittee to try and find a way to possibly reign in Sheriff Department and have some oversight. Unfortunately, they came up with oversight that has No investigative powers or subpoena powers....quite impotent...and to add insult to injury, Freitas just HAD to make the point that Oversight is not a word they can use on "him"...because he is an elected official not appointed. Gee, thanks Steve.
    A vote for Koenigshofer is just like voting Efren...a different face, same bull.

8. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

9. TopTop #5
    Dorothy Friberg

Does she speak Spanish?
    I support Carrillo because I think he would represent the bulk of diverse voters in his district. He did not have to shop around to find a venue, he was raised in that community. I have personally seen his leadership in a few diverse areas of district 5 from Fort Ross to Roseland and I think he has a balanced perspective and is willing to work at improving both himself and the district. My vote goes to Effren. This statement is not meant to detract from any other candidate.

10. TopTop #6

Based on what?? Hope it's not "she's experienced'. More than anything we need fresh, uncompromised representatives that are TRUE LOCALS. These days previous high position experience only means they're planted, pre-packaged, bought and paid off by big govt and/or corporate special interests to force issues benefiting their well-organized long term agendas, not the general public best interest.

The last thing we need is another shill and Gorin ally wasting a million pushing fluroide and slipping in more unconstitutional mandatory energy upgrade/mortgage lien scams at the end of meetings for two examples.

You'd vote for her based on what in her voting record? What votes/history/actions of hers have you agreed with and what haven't you agreed with?

11. Gratitude expressed by:

12. TopTop #7
    arthunter

well, just for the record, there was at least one winery which Efren didn't support ...

https://sonomacountygazette.blogspot...-carrillo.html

Quote Posted in reply to the post by beshiva: View Post
    ...Eric is the supervisor of big business, and like Efren, never met a winery/event center he didn't support. If you want more wine expansion, then vote for him....
    Last edited by Bella Stolz; 11-07-2015 at 11:07 AM.

13. Gratitude expressed by:

14. TopTop #8
    rossmen

this statement is meant to detract from effren as candidate. i was at a meeting just over a month ago where the guy went off on someone who questioned the agenda. he really is a scary person. and seems much less involved since his legal troubles began. the county staff seem intimidated too. all they do is suck up and kiss his ass in his presence. they are very obvious about it. i can get him to answer my questions in whatever way i like because he is a political stiff fighting for life. the exchange has no meaning ; (

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Dorothy Friberg: View Post
    ...My vote goes to Effren. This statement is not meant to detract from any other candidate.
    Last edited by Bella Stolz; 11-08-2015 at 11:26 AM.

15. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

16. TopTop #9
    Dorothy Friberg

Well, watching how Mr. Carrillo has been savaged on this site, I'm not surprised that he is sensitive to constant criticism. All I said was that he has my vote because I think he represents the diversity so lacking in our leaders and I do not expect that the bulk of his critics give an rat's --- what he says because they think it is ALWAYS wrong. Run, Effren, run!!

Quote Posted in reply to the post by rossmen: View Post
    this statement is meant to detract from effren as candidate. i was at a meeting just over a month ago where the guy went off on someone who questioned the agenda. he really is a scary person. and seems much less involved since his legal troubles began. the county staff seem intimidated too. all they do is suck up and kiss his ass in his presence. they are very obvious about it. i can get him to answer my questions in whatever way i like because he is a political stiff fighting for life. the exchange has no meaning ; (

17. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

18. TopTop #10
    sambacat
    Supporting member

Personally, my number one priority in choosing a political candidate is how committed they are to preserving and improving our natural environment. Noreen Evans has had an exemplary record in this area for her entire political career.

The California Environmental Justice scorecard gives Evans an "A" on her environmental votes. (See: https://caleja.org/wp-content/upload...recard2014.pdf.)

The Sierra Club gave her a 92% rating on her 2012 environmental voting record. (See: https://web.archive.org/web/20150127...eport_Card.pdf.)

Etc., etc., etc. You can google her record easily. Noreen Evans definitely gets my vote!
    Last edited by Bella Stolz; 11-10-2015 at 09:11 AM.

19. Gratitude expressed by 5 members:

20. TopTop #11
    Richard Nichols

Sonoma County Conservation Action scorecard for Efren 2013/14

Environmental C-
    listens to contituents D-

Quote Posted in reply to the post by sambacat: View Post
    ... The California Environmental Justice scorecard gives Evans an "A" on her environmental votes...
    Last edited by Bella Stolz; 11-10-2015 at 09:12 AM.

21. Gratitude expressed by 6 members:

22. TopTop #12
    markwjam

Politicians and other public servants who abuse the power of their positions, should not be given a longer leash because they are minorities...yes, white male politicians and abusive or killer cops often get a pass..that has to end....but, it,s not a reason to tolerate someone who acts Abusively, only because they represent a turn to diversity...let,s have equality in getting rid of crooked public servants, at the same time as finding ways to create more opportunity for diverse representation in public office.

... he has my vote because I think he represents the diversity so lacking in our leaders ...
    Last edited by Bella Stolz; 11-10-2015 at 09:13 AM.

23. Gratitude expressed by 6 members:

24. TopTop #13
    rossmen

stop effren stop! i voted for him the first time, i thought he showed great promise. and the stuff he's done hasn't been all bad. at the meeting i referred too he could have shined, been an advocate for the people trying to educate county staff about a local environmental issue which the people knew far more about. instead he was a dick. i care deeply about what he says because his power over issues i am involved in. 5th district has and can do better. vote for someone because of their ethnic background? stupid.

Well, watching how Mr. Carrillo has been savaged on this site, I'm not surprised...
    Last edited by Bella Stolz; 11-11-2015 at 12:29 PM.

25. Gratitude expressed by 4 members: