Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Jared Huffman endorses Hillary

Our congressman, Jared Huffman, posted this endorsement of Hillary this morning to FB:

To my friends who have been urging me to endorse Bernie Sanders for President, and to those who have urged an endorsement of Hillary Clinton, I have an announcement.

I like Bernie very much and definitely "feel the Bern" in terms of his positive, authentic, progressive message and especially his relentless focus on addressing income inequality and fixing an economy that is rigged against the middle class. His candidacy is a very good thing for our country and he has already impacted the race in positive ways. Plus, I enjoyed travelling with Bernie and his wonderful wife Jane to Chile last year on a "co-del" focused on human rights.

I'm also very impressed with Secretary Clinton, especially the strong positions she's taken over the past couple of months on trade, climate, environmental protection, and gun violence. She is uniquely qualified to be President, and her very strong performance in the debate and the sham Benghazi hearing reassures me that her candidacy is only gaining strength. And, as a bonus, I think our country would benefit from electing a qualified woman at long last to be our President.

Considering the terrible GOP candidates, the imperative of winning in this very consequential election cycle, and the opportunity to create a wave election in 2016 that returns both the Senate and the House to Democrats, I believe Hillary is our best candidate.

For that reason, and with lots of respect for Bernie, I am endorsing Hillary Clinton and pledging my support as a "Super Delegate" to her at the Democratic convention. I wanted those who are interested in this to know of my decision and my reasoning.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

3. TopTop #2
    american dream

Re: Jared Huffman endorses Hillary

Thank you for sharing this, and I'm damn sorry he wouldn't vote his conscience.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Barry: View Post
    Our congressman, Jared Huffman, posted this endorsement of Hillary this morning to FB...
    Last edited by Bella Stolz; 10-29-2015 at 10:07 AM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email