Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    AJL

debate parties to watch bernie - host or attend - volunteer to help me host?

BERNIE SANDERS FOR PRESIDENT
    CONTRIBUTE

FIND AN EVENT - PLAN AN EVENT

Create Your Own Event
    Groups and individuals are organizing all over the country. Post your events here on BernieSanders.com so that supporters in your area can get involved. Types of volunteer activities include flyering, block walking, phone banking, voter registration and many more. See our volunteer guides for assistance and email [email protected] for additional support.

Please do not post or host fundraisers without guidance from the campaign -- the FEC has complicated reporting requirements that we must satisfy.

DEBATE WATCH PARTIES (OCTOBER 13)
    Bernie would like to gather supporters at thousands of events on the evening of October 13 to watch the first Democratic debate. Our mission that night: sign up all our guests to voter contact events that are already planned and ready for volunteers. This one night could radically grow our movement. The debate will be 9:00pm Eastern time / 6:00pm Pacific time and air live at the same time everywhere. Start your event 60 or 30 minutes before the debate starts to have time for socializing and organizing. In the Pacific time zone, starting right at 6:00pm is fine too.

REGISTERING VOTERS
    Conduct a targeted voter registration drive to help register new voters to nominate and elect Bernie Sanders.

VOLUNTEER ACTIVITY (FLYERING, CALLING, WALKING, ETC)
    Local events are happening all over the country in all 50 states. If you're already organizing, post your events and meetings here and we'll send some new people your way from our site and email list. If you'd like to get new volunteer events started, then plan an event and post it here. See our volunteering toolkit for guides and other materials. Events must be approved so you won't see them appear immediately.

VOLUNTEER MEETING TO GET ORGANIZED OR LEARN MORE
    Local volunteers and groups getting together to plan volunteering activities, events and more. Also informational sessions for new volunteers or people who want to learn more about Bernie.

VOLUNTEER TO GATHER BALLOT ACCESS SIGNATURES
    Some states require us to gather petition signatures to get Bernie on the ballot. If you’re from one of those states and working to gather ballot access signatures, post your events here, and we'll send some new people your way from our site and email list. Events must be approved so you won't see them appear immediately.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

3. TopTop #2
    earlherr

Re: debate parties to watch bernie - host or attend - volunteer to help me host?

Are there any Bernie Sanders support groups forming in Petaluma or elsewhere in Sonoma County? Thanks.

4. TopTop #3
    Shepherd

Re: debate parties to watch bernie - host or attend - volunteer to help me host?

Regarding last night's debate, I just received the following supportive letter for Bernie from author, activist, and environmentalist Bill McKibben of 350.org. Given that the Paris gathering was arguably the most important large international gathering ever, to which around 40,000 people came, it is an embarrassment that questions about climate change were not asked.

Hi Shepherd,
    Last night's Democratic debate was a disappointment for anyone who cares about the future of our planet. After an historic climate summit in Paris, it is unconscionable that the moderators of last night's debate — as well as the Republican debate — didn't ask a single question about climate change.

It's too bad, because Bernie’s new climate plan is the kind of deep, powerful plan we really need. I hope that you’ll sign on to support it.

It gets us started fast — 40% reductions in carbon emissions by 2030 would put the country and the world on a new pathway.

Bernie’s plan would create ten million jobs — and make sure that they’re shared with those communities that usually get left out of our economic booms.

But here’s what’s really important: Bernie’s climate plan comes with unique credibility. Because he’s worked hard for change when it wasn’t popular or easy. I know this because he’s a fellow Vermonter who I’ve watched for decades. And I know it in my bones because, in the early days of the fight against the Keystone Pipeline, he was almost the only person on Capitol Hill who signed on to help with the fight. He was dogged, and sometimes he was grumpy, and he never let up.

That’s the spirit we’re going to need going forward. As the revelations of the last few weeks have made clear, the biggest and richest of the oil companies, Exxon, knew everything there was to know about climate change decades ago, and yet helped spread the disinformation and deceit that have held back progress for a quarter-century.

To stand up to that kind of power requires backbone and passionate commitment. And it requires a leader who can mobilize a movement.

When we talk about alternative energy, there’s solar, and there’s wind. And there’s Bernie Sanders.
    Click here to say you support Bernie's bold new climate plan.

In solidarity,
    Bill McKibben
    Author

Quote Posted in reply to the post by earlherr: View Post
    Are there any Bernie Sanders support groups forming in Petaluma or elsewhere in Sonoma County? Thanks.

5. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

6. TopTop #4
    Shandi

When I checked "Find an Event" within 20 miles of RPk, the only one I saw was "Honk and Wave" in St. Helena
    on Dec. 26.

I wish Barry would create a poll to see how many in our community plan to vote for Bernie. Just curious about the numbers. From response on Nextdoor.com, most replies support voting for him, but there was one Trump supporter.

Are any Waccos on their neighborhood Nextdoor.com? It's a great way to get an idea of how your neighbors
    view things....on a variety of topics.

I see people stepping up to help their neighbors, like in the "old days". If you mourn the loss of the way
    neighborhoods used to be, you may want to consider this electronic network.

In the past several months, neighborhood help has provided:

found animals and other lost items
    fire victims donations
    homeless donations
    advice on how to protect ourselves against theft
    support for neighbors in need
    free stuff
    warnings of neighborhood crime, and pictures of suspects to watch for
    arrests of violent criminals
    services close to home
    recommendations for services

Groups can be started in the same way as with FB, but in our own neighborhood.

There have been a couple of Bernie events at a local Cotati restaurant, but I didn't attend. I prefer events in a home, or in our Valley Village Clubhouse.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by AJL: View Post
    Last edited by Bella Stolz; 12-21-2015 at 01:10 PM.