Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #61
    arthunter

Re: Human Rights Watch - A Continuing Thread - Paris

Sorry, but I no longer play the left/right game ... I look at facts, regardless of who publishes them ... will the UN do?

https://therightscoop.com/united-nat...-are-children/

Quote Posted in reply to the post by podfish: View Post
    as implausible right-wing propaganda, now that you ask.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by:

3. TopTop #62
    Peacemaker

I fully agree with this quote from Greenwald.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by arthunter: View Post
    ..."In the aftermath of the Paris attacks, media coverage has seen familiar patterns: uncritically repeat government claims, defend expansive state power, and blame the Muslim community for the acts of a few. We discuss media fearmongering, anti-Muslim scapegoating, ISIL’s roots, and war profiteering with Glenn Greenwald, Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist and co-founder of The Intercept. "Every time there’s a terrorist attack, Western leaders exploit that attack to do more wars," Greenwald says. "Which in turn means they transfer huge amounts of taxpayer money to these corporations that sell arms. And so investors are fully aware that the main people who are going to benefit from this escalation as a result of Paris are not the American people or the people of the West — and certainly not the people of Syria — it is essentially the military-industrial complex."...
    Last edited by Bella Stolz; 11-21-2015 at 12:59 PM.

4. Gratitude expressed by:

5. TopTop #63
    Peacemaker

I don't know where you're getting this. The videos I've seen show lots of women and men, old and young, and many, many children. Some children traveling alone. When you say: "the refugees are actually mostly comprised of angry young men", it makes no sense to me. Simply does not compute with the images I've seen. Also, the Paris attacks were committed almost entirely by citizens of European countries not refugees.

What's saddest to me is seeing how well the strategy and tactics of terrorism are succeeding. Both in Europe and the United States people are willing, in fact, eager, to give up their civil rights and implement an authoritarian state so they can feel safer. In their rage and fear they are willing and eager to rain death from the skies on populations who are trying to survive an horrific civil war with no recognition that such action ensures the survival and growth of the very enemy they are striving to eradicate.

If you see that the "refugees" are actually mostly comprised of angry young men ... where are women and children? ... did they fall off of the boat? ... how do you interpret this?
    Last edited by Bella Stolz; 11-21-2015 at 01:09 PM.

6. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

7. TopTop #64
    arthunter

You need to look at the links that I posted ... yes, I'm sure that there are women and children getting help, but according to UN statistics, 72% of the refugees are men ... also note that the video that I posted was taken down from youtube, ... why? .... I could post lots of links detailing the troubles in Europe ... many of these refugees are not what you would expect ... there are videos of Stockholm on fire and Swedes warning people to stay out of Europe ...

No one said that the refugees were responsible for the Paris attacks, but the perpetrators have ties to the Muslim world and this is being emphasized ...

I agree with your second paragraph ... well said ....

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Peacemaker: View Post
    I don't know where you're getting this...

What's saddest to me is seeing how well the strategy and tactics of terrorism are succeeding. Both in Europe and the United States people are willing, in fact, eager, to give up their civil rights and implement an authoritarian state so they can feel safer. In their rage and fear they are willing and eager to rain death from the skies on populations who are trying to survive an horrific civil war with no recognition that such action ensures the survival and growth of the very enemy they are striving to eradicate.
    Last edited by Bella Stolz; 11-21-2015 at 01:11 PM.

8. TopTop #65
    arthunter

what's going on here? ... why would politicians take in so many refugees that they endanger their own countries?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJUI6j4w9S4

9. TopTop #66
    rekarp

You say you only look at facts, so why do you only site opinion pieces like the one below and the video you posted later. You haven't sited any reputable references in this thread as of yet. You're just aping fearmongering hysteria. Why not site some real facts: https://www.factcheck.org/2015/09/st...rian-refugees/

Ron

Sorry, but I no longer play the left/right game ... I look at facts, regardless of who publishes them ...
    Last edited by Bella Stolz; 11-21-2015 at 01:12 PM.

10. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

11. TopTop #67
    podfish

what's going on here? ... why would politicians take in so many refugees that they endanger their own countries?...
    a sense of responsibility to the human race?
    Last edited by Bella Stolz; 11-21-2015 at 01:13 PM.

12. Gratitude expressed by:

13. TopTop #68
    arthunter

The "opinion piece" that you mention is based on UN statistics, and your link actually verifies those figures ...

"There have been more than 400,000 such “sea arrivals” in 2015, and 51 percent are Syrian. The rest have come mainly from nine other countries. Most of these refugees and migrants have been men — 72 percent — but these are not figures on Syrian refugees or even solely the 200,000-some Syrians who have been willing to take some type of boat to reach Europe by sea."

This is not just about Syrian refugees because as your link states the refugees have come from nine other countries ...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3240010/Number-refugees-arriving-Europe-soars-85-year-just-one-five-war-torn-Syria.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/europe/migrants-are-disguising-themselves-as-syrians-to-gain-entry-to-europe/2015/09/22/827c6026-5bd8-11e5-8475-781cc9851652_story.html

and how are you discrediting the first video that I posted which is a compilation of actual news footage from Europe? ...

Quote Posted in reply to the post by rekarp: View Post
    You say you only look at facts, so why do you only site opinion pieces like the one below...
    Last edited by Bella Stolz; 11-21-2015 at 01:14 PM.

14. TopTop #69
    arthunter

and what about a responsibility to the human beings that already reside in their countries? the elderly, the disabled, the poor ... don't they matter? ...

Quote Posted in reply to the post by podfish: View Post
    a sense of responsibility to the human race?
    Last edited by Bella Stolz; 11-21-2015 at 01:15 PM.

15. TopTop #70
    wisewomn

Here's a nice clip of Elizabeth Warren addressing the Syrian refugee crisis:

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/201...a?detail=email

Also, There was an article in the Press Democrat today (or maybe yesterday) that described what's involved in the vetting process for letting refugees into this country. It can take up to 3 years. Most terrorists don't want to wait that long, if you know what I mean.

And it turns out that all the jihadists who were behind the Paris attacks were natural born French citizens.

Just saying...
    Last edited by Bella Stolz; 11-21-2015 at 01:16 PM.

16. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

17. TopTop #71
    arthunter

Thank you ... there's been no attempt by me to connect the Paris attacks to the Syrian refugees ... I know that many around our country are concerned by this but I am not ... I am simply sharing some unsettling news from Europe and hoping that we can offer aid without falling into the same dangerous complications ...

Quote Posted in reply to the post by wisewomn: View Post
    ...And it turns out that all the jihadists who were behind the Paris attacks were natural born French citizens...
    Last edited by Bella Stolz; 11-21-2015 at 01:17 PM.

18. TopTop #72
    wisewomn

From 1956:

19. Gratitude expressed by 5 members:

20. TopTop #73
    arthunter

I really don't think that this is about racism ... I'm not a racist and I don't know anyone who is ... oh I'm sure that there are those who are buying the BS that all Muslims are dangerous and should be bombed, but most do not feel that way ...

The concerns are about economics, logistics, national sovereignty, and security issues that come from trickery ... people slipping in that shouldn't ... that sort of thing ... I don't think anyone would deny refuge to families who are bombed out of their homes ...

That being said, if I was a refugee then I would expect to respect the culture that had been so kind to rescue me ... that's not what I'm seeing in Europe with the current mix of refugees ...

21. TopTop #74
    rekarp

You didn't read my link very carefully - you read the part of the article that said right-wing websites (like the one you site) are misquoting the report, whereas the actual numbers are that 50.5 percent of the refugees are women and 51.1 percent are under age 17.

And the video I refered to is the one of the Swedish citizen complaining about the increased immigration ruining their country.

Ron

The "opinion piece" that you mention is based on UN statistics, and your link actually verifies those figures ...

22. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

23. TopTop #75
    arthunter

Rather then spend my time arguing about this subject, I invite others to do their own research about Europe and what's happening there ....

Quote Posted in reply to the post by rekarp: View Post
    You didn't read my link very carefully - ...

24. TopTop #76
    arthunter

Perhaps this will explain the demographics issue ...

https://time.com/4122186/syrian-refu...ump-young-men/

25. Gratitude expressed by:

26. TopTop #77
    Peacemaker

27. Gratitude expressed by:

28. TopTop #78
    arthunter

Re: Human Rights Watch - A Continuing Thread - Retaliation

I'm sorry to post this story on the eve of one of our most joyous holidays, but these things must be known ... those who think that we still live in a country where free speech is protected should read this ... this is not America ....

Drone Pilots have Bank Accounts and Credit Cards Frozen by Feds for Exposing US Murder

For having the courage to come forward and expose the drone program for the indiscriminate murder that it is, 4 vets are under attack from the government they once served.

Read more at https://thefreethoughtproject.com/dr...SmuFcsq0tUh.99

29. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

30. TopTop #79
    arthunter

Speaking of retaliation ... below you'll find an example of the kind of email messages that I get when I publish the truth ...

Deborah Tavares got hit with a lawsuit after she shared Javanka Beckles' ( Richmond City Council member ) letter with the Sebastopol City Council ...

Derrick Robinson was framed for theft after testifying at Richmond ...

Ben Colodzin was threatened with lawsuits for testifying at Richmond ...

Jesse Beltran disappeared and no one has heard from him after testifying at Richmond ...

we no longer live in a free country ....
    Last edited by Barry; 11-26-2015 at 10:17 AM.

31. TopTop #80
    arthunter

hmm, my reference has disappeared ... it was an email that I received to tell me that I was now being followed on twitter by these folks ... https://www.aboltprocessservice.com/

Speaking of retaliation ... below you'll find an example of the kind of email messages that I get when I publish the truth ...

Deborah Tavares got hit with a lawsuit after she shared Javanka Beckles' ( Richmond City Council member ) letter with the Sebastopol City Council ...

Derrick Robinson was framed for theft after testifying at Richmond ...

Ben Colodzin was threatened with lawsuits for testifying at Richmond ...

Jesse Beltran disappeared and no one has heard from him after testifying at Richmond ...

we no longer live in a free country ....

32. TopTop #81
    arthunter

Re: Human Rights Watch - A Continuing Thread - The Militarization of Neuroscience

Seriously now, do we trust our government ( or any government ) to be playing with this stuff? ...

note: this is from 2007 ... just imagine how science has advanced since then ...

https://thebulletin.org/militarization-neuroscience

33. TopTop #82
    arthunter

Re: Human Rights Watch - A Continuing Thread - The Militarization of Neuroscience

another example from MIT of the studies being done ... knowledge like this could be tragic in the wrong hands ... the comments are interesting too ...

Moral judgments can be altered ... by magnets

By disrupting brain activity in a particular region, neuroscientists can sway people’s views of moral situations.

https://news.mit.edu/2010/moral-control-0330

34. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

35. TopTop #83
    Shandi

This is "on the lighter side"? Trump praising and encouraging violence? Sorry, but I must have missed your point....

On the lighter side....
    Last edited by Bella Stolz; 12-05-2015 at 01:25 PM.

36. TopTop #84
    Shandi

Any idea why a process service would be following you on Twitter? Can you tell that they are, or is there a way to hide this activity from you? I have very little experience with Twitter "following and unfollowing" but there is a system beneath the obvious. Do you follow your followers? I don't have time to do that, and I don't even have that many.

Are you saying that your reference on Wacco disappeared? Wouldn't Barry know about that?

hmm, my reference has disappeared ... it was an email that I received to tell me that I was now being followed on twitter by these folks ... https://www.aboltprocessservice.com/

37. TopTop #85
    Peacemaker

Sorry, Shandi. My comment was meant to be sarcastic. Obviously, I didn't do it very well.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Shandi: View Post
    This is "on the lighter side"? Trump praising and encouraging violence? Sorry, but I must have missed your point....

38. Gratitude expressed by:

39. TopTop #86
    Shandi

Thanks for clarifying. Yeah, sarcasm takes some practice and finesse! I've been mastering it for years. But then, I've also been accused of being naive and gullible.....even ruthless.

Sorry, Shandi. My comment was meant to be sarcastic. Obviously, I didn't do it very well.

40. TopTop #87
    arthunter

well let's put it this way ... when Deborah Tavares read Javanka Beckles' ( Richmond City Council member ) letter about the threat of militarized neuroscience ( mind control ) being used on an unsuspecting public at Sebastopol City Council, her actions were followed by a lawsuit, which she claimed was bogus and, in her opinion, retaliation ... keep in mind that one of her friends, radio host Jeff Rense, had just mysteriously lost consciousness on the road and nearly died from the resulting crash of his vehicle ...

I don't often use Twitter but I did receive an email notification of a process server following my account ... I can think of no reason for this so I took it as intimidation ( review Cointelpro practices ) because, as everyone knows, I publish things that are possibly threatening to certain power structures in our world .. I could be wrong, and I don't know who took down the graphic of that email, but because of constant computer tampering at my end I don't automatically blame anyone ... also, the content of that email was poorly copied onto Wacco, so that might have been the problem ...

My situation is actually getting a bit better so I will stay positive and invite dialog about some of the subjects that concern me, such as this latest topic, hoping to keep the human rights aspect of our progress in the foreground ... those that are supporting ANY progress which harms human rights need to realize that their very own children will be most affected by their decisions ...

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Shandi: View Post
    Any idea why a process service would be following you on Twitter?...
    Last edited by Bella Stolz; 12-05-2015 at 01:26 PM.

41. Gratitude expressed by:

42. TopTop #88
    arthunter

Re: Human Rights Watch - A Continuing Thread - Terrorism

43. TopTop #89
    arthunter

Re: Human Rights Watch - A Continuing Thread - The Witch Hunt against Independent Research

I'm old enough to remember debate ... good ole fashioned debate without labels being applied and discrediting tactics being employed ... this article says it well ...

https://www.globalresearch.ca/cracki...alysis/5383108

44. TopTop #90
    arthunter

Re: Human Rights Watch - A Continuing Thread - Torture in California

another interview just posted from Richard Cain ...

https://flowofwisdom.com/2015/12/13/...cain-hour-one/

and even a Secret Service worker for the White House .... what's going on here?

"According to court documents, Richard Cain and his two kids allegedly had been implanted at St. John’s Regional Medical Center and St. John’s Pleasant Valley Hospital in 2008 in a non-consensual human health-related research program."

https://www.disclose.tv/news/Secretl...ntified/113708

This is his story ... I think that it's important to listen to it ... I can relate to a lot of it ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLiLMjwZb78

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qct3n1do0s

and here's his lawsuit documentation ....

https://www.stopthecrime.net/CAIN%20...%20ET%20AL.pdf

Obviously, I'm looking for more information about the lawsuit ...
    Last edited by Bella Stolz; 12-14-2015 at 12:45 PM.