Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

Thread: Imperial Winery
  • Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Sara S
    Auntie Wacco

Imperial Winery

Letter to the Press Democrat, 8/25:

Imperial winery
    EDITOR: After reading the article relating Joe Wagner’s desire to develop an industrial-level winery on the Dairyman site east of Sebastopol, I am appalled (“Wagner shifts focus from Meiomi to Dairyman,” Thursday).
    This is a young man who obviously wants to make his mark, at the expense of whatever or whomever may be in his path. He will do whatever is required by county officials to get his permit approved. But he doesn’t give a hoot about the effect his corporate dream may have on the community. He is only interested in getting his way.

Wagner’s kind of thinking drove the imperial and corporate colonization and resource grab in much of the non-European world during the past three centuries. In fact, Wagner’s plans feel much the same. He sees Sonoma County as a place to realize what he wants, when he wants — whether it benefits that place or not.

His narcissistic hubris reminds me of another corporate entity with expansive plans for Sonoma County, when 50 years ago, involved citizens prevented the construction of a nuclear power plant at Bodega Head. I hope we can avoid this new corporate overreach.

CHARLES B. COLLINS
    Sebastopol
    Last edited by Barry; 08-26-2015 at 02:39 PM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

3. TopTop #2
    Shepherd

Re: Imperial Winery

I especially appreciate this letter's reference in the last paragraph to the work of former Sonoma County Supervisor Bill Kortum 50 years ago to stop PG&E from putting in a nuclear power plant at Bodega Head. In 2016 three supervisors seats are up for election. It would be helpful to make the wine industry's expansion into a major election issue. What do the candidates feel about what this letter writer describes as "Imperial Winery."

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Sara S: View Post
    Letter to the Press Democrat, 8/25:

Imperial winery
    His narcissistic hubris reminds me of another corporate entity with expansive plans for Sonoma County, when 50 years ago, involved citizens prevented the construction of a nuclear power plant at Bodega Head. I hope we can avoid this new corporate overreach.

CHARLES B. COLLINS
    Sebastopol
    Last edited by Barry; 08-27-2015 at 11:32 AM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

4. Gratitude expressed by 3 members: