Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Barrie
    Supporting member

Recommendations for a holistic practitioner for help with Allergies

I am looking for someone to help me with some allergy issues. Kaiser keeps recommending Benadryl and steroids which I don't want to do. Any suggestions? Barrie (not Barry)
    Last edited by Barry; 08-02-2015 at 09:35 AM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Pickles

Re:Recommendations for a holistic practitioner for help with Allergies

Would highly recommend AAT (Advanced Allergy Theraputics) and the only person I know in the area who does it is in Petaluma at Casad Chiropractic Clinic, Dr. Latifa Rainbow 707-778-7010. I no longer have any allergies and is a no pills, painless, easy process, website https://www.allergyrelief4you.net/

A real gem, she is the best and is recently also doing cutting edge neuropathy treatment there too. Great place, great healing, holistic people and continue to go there for regular chiropractic adjustments.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Barrie: View Post
    I am looking for someone to help me with some allergy issues. Kaiser keeps recommending Benadryl and steroids which I don't want to do. Any suggestions? Barrie (not Barry)
    Last edited by Barry; 08-02-2015 at 09:36 AM.

3. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

4. TopTop #3
    ChristmasCarla

Recommendations for a holistic practitioner for help with Allergies

Hi Barrie ... I have had some luck with Pantothenic Acid (vitamin B5). During allergy season, it helps to take a gram (1000 mg) a day in addition to a B Complex. The B vitamins all work together, which is why they are all assigned B status, so in order for the B5 to work, the other Bs must be in your system. Pantothenic Acid, for me, gradually increases my resistance to allergens. It may take about a month to notice the difference, so stick with it. It also doesn't work as well if you take less than a gram a day.

I have been suffering allergic attacks recently also, and have started taking the extra Pantothenic Acid. I am temporarily using OTC Benadryl cream topically, since the itching has been keeping me awake. As the Pantothenic Acid does it work, I will taper off the Benadryl. Good luck to you, and let me know if you come up with more information. Carla

p.s. After posting this, I read the previous reply to you about the allergy clinic in Petaluma. I had previously found Casad Chiropractic when searching online for neuropathy treatments, and have been intending to go. With the added persistence of allergic reactions, I intend to make an appointment there. Thanks!

Last edited by Barry; 08-02-2015 at 09:36 AM.

5. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

6. TopTop #4
    Pickles

Re: Recommendations for a holistic practitioner for help with Allergies

Here's some more info:

I had several allergies, mostly foods, the biggest was egg whites, and then wheat, pineapple, kale and then plant mostly alfalfa and then mold/mildew from what I can remember. I can now eat anything and no longer have reactions and love my eggs every day! It is truly amazing, have been allergy free for about 4 years now. No one should suffer from allergies with this technology available today. Oh yeah, I also had a latex sensitivity/allergy that she took care of too, so she can do chemicals, etc. anything really.

It is so easy, she just hooks you up to her computer program and based on what you tell her you think is the culprit, she will test it and see what reacts and then to correct it runs a roller thingy up and down your spine with arm band attached to the computer program (with clothes on) and you just have to stay away from/not eat or be around the culprit for the next 24 hours only and then you can eat it and not react. If it is a difficult, long standing allergy, it might take more than one session, but she does not charge for additional tries for the same allergy, she is awesome. All of mine only took one session, but she only does one allergy per session, so if you have alot it can add up moneywise, but she does offer specials. I have referred friends to her and they all have had amazing success and love her!!! Just a small, hole in wall office in Petaluma but excellent people.

And yeah, her name is really Dr, Rainbow :-)

Nina Vick

7. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

8. TopTop #5
    Dorothy Friberg

Re: Recommendations for a holistic practitioner for help with Allergies

Try local bee pollen.

9. Gratitude expressed by: