Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Shandi

Update on John Milford Smithers who left Sonoma County for South Bay to Survive....

As some of you know, John posted a good-bye to us in June, as he reluctantly left Sonoma County, after living here over 50 years. He was venturing into unknown territory, with no car, no savings, and no community. I offered a reward to anyone who could connect him with someone in that area. No offers came, and so I gave the money to John, through his (reluctant) GoFundMe account. https://www.gofundme.com/z6xwev4c

He's been posting on his Facebook page, all the details and some pictures of his courageous journey, for his friends. I just noticed that he's posted a detailed update on his GoFundMe page, so if you want to see all that's happened in his life, the past couple of weeks, you can take a look. You can also ask him to friend you, to get a personal glimpse into his new world.

He's very grateful to all who have been so supportive in various ways. People who don't even know John, except through his written words, have shown a spirit of generosity. I was touched by those words, and made contact with John before he left. In reality, I had very little to offer, except encouragement and some inspiration. I wanted him to know that I was holding his vision as he journeyed into the "meaningful unknown", as I, myself, have done when I moved to Hawaii.

I look forward to following his journey, and hope that he will find satisfying work, a safe, comfortable place to rest, and the joy of coming through something that must feel like the birth canal. He is not the same man who left here a short time ago, and is still being transformed by these new potent experiences.

Thank you to all who have responded and reached out to John. Wishing you unexpected blessings.

Shandi
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 2 members: