I have suspicions about these findings, especially in light of the push to test only "raw" foods. Think about who would benefit from eliminating our ability to purchase raw foods? Cats? Dogs? or Pet Food Manufacturers? Consider this as another way to eliminate our freedoms, by forcing us to purchase undesirable pet food that has been shown to be responsible for pet illness, disease, and death. FORCE is the word of the day.

Having just recently discovered a local raw pet food (FeedThis) that has eliminated a health issue in my cat that went on for many months, and several vet visits along with horrible side effects of drugs, with no real solution, I'm not going back to feeding even so called "high quality" cat food. If I have to, I will experiment once more with making my own.

I'm watching for more "reports" on finding salmonella or listeria in raw pet foods. I have a feeling that this is the tip of the iceberg. Remember mostly all recalls have been associated with canned and dry pet foods, since they actually have a higher chance of salmonella and listeria than raw pet foods.

July 05, 2015
Stella & Chewy’s Recall Includes Two Lots of Cat Food and Multiple Dog Foods

Categories: Feline Nutrition
Stella & Chewy’s announced yesterday they are recalling two lots of many different types of dog food for possible Listeria concerns.

According to the company, the Maryland Department of Agriculture detected Listeria in a single lot of Chewy’s chicken freeze-dried dinner patties for dogs, 15 oz bags.There have been no reported pet or human illnesses.The company is recalling over a dozen different types of food.

The two cat foods affected by the recall are

• Freeze-Dried Chick, Chick, Chicken Dinner for Cats/12oz/UPC: 186011000434/Lot: 111-15 and Use By Date: 4/29/2016
  • Freeze-Dried Chick, Chick, Chicken Dinner for Cats/12oz/UPC: 186011000434/Lot: 111-15 and Use By Date: 5/3/2016
The dog foods affected are

• Freeze-Dried Chewy’s Chicken Dinner for Dogs /15oz/UPC: 186011000045/Lot: 111-15 and Use By Date: 4/23/2016
  • Freeze-Dried Chewy’s Chicken Dinner for Dogs /15oz/UPC: 186011000045/Lot: 111-15 and Use By Date: 4/26/2016
  • To continue reading, go to: https://consciouscat.net/2015/07/05/...ple-dog-foods/