Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

Thread: Wanted: Puppies
  • Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    AbigailFerris

Wanted: Puppies

Two of my friends are interested in adding a puppy to each of their families. One wants a lab (preferably Chocolate, but likes Blacks and Yellows too). The other wants a medium-size Chihuahua-friendly companion for her existing dog. Both must be puppies. Please respond to this post with your email address. Thanx!!
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Dorothy Friberg

Re: Wanted: Puppies

Check with the pound. NEUTER YOUR PETS!!!

Quote Posted in reply to the post by AbigailFerris: View Post
    Two of my friends are interested in adding a puppy to each of their families. One wants a lab (preferably Chocolate, but likes Blacks and Yellows too). The other wants a medium-size Chihuahua-friendly companion for her existing dog. Both must be puppies. Please respond to this post with your email address. Thanx!!

3. Gratitude expressed by:

4. TopTop #3
    AbigailFerris

Yes, I'm aware of the pound. Just a thought: sometimes people actually keep their litters and place them directly in good homes! And, why are you yelling at me to neuter? I'm not the one with the intact male.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Dorothy Friberg: View Post
    Check with the pound. NEUTER YOUR PETS!!!

5. Gratitude expressed by:

6. TopTop #4
    gypsey

Top breeders do keep their litters, place them in good homes, requi9re stringent contracts and take them back if the home doesn't work out. They have strict guidelines and selection criteria. They don't advertise.

Backyard breeders--see the many adverts in the Press Dem--- also "keep" their litters, charge several hundred dollars for a so called purebred (vs the real cost of a quality puppy which could be thousands) who often has temperament or conformation problems. They don't have a contract, don;t;take them back, plus their excess goes to the "pound."

Last but not least are the many mixed breeds who also end up in our shelters as "rescues." In fact ,many are deliberately produced so that a few can be sold and the others "turned in."

We need to enlarge our understanding of the "dog rescue industry" while at the same time continuing to safeguard,, celebrate and love these wonderful beings.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by AbigailFerris: View Post
    Yes, I'm aware of the pound. Just a thought: sometimes people actually keep their litters and place them directly in good homes! And, why are you yelling at me to neuter? I'm not the one with the intact male.
    Last edited by thedaughter; 05-31-2015 at 12:10 PM.