Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1

Gen. Butler should be remembered on 'Memorial' Day

Not one baby, peasant or another country's also gullible, brainwashed 18 year old killed by the United States military was some justified protection of America's shore or your home.

I told my son I'd support him no matter what he chose to do in life, but the only thing I asked is that he not join the military. What is lower than the cowards behind desks and computers doing the bidding for corporate profit and secret agendas enticing gullible 18 year olds to take the blows they aren't man enough to risk themselves? The soullessness with which these cowards use others to kill is the definition of evil.

Memorial Day to me is for remembering how stupid so many have been to help these criminals. What Butler said in 1933 about this racket has only become a more organized, more sophisticated and more arrogant machine run by the worst of the worst on Earth to the great detriment of humanity.

WAR IS A RACKET, General Smedley Butler USMC
    Smedley Butler on Interventionism-- Excerpt from a speech delivered in 1933

War is just a racket. A racket is best described, I believe, as something that is not what it seems to the majority of people. Only a small inside group knows what it is about. It is conducted for the benefit of the very few at the expense of the masses.

I believe in adequate defense at the coastline and nothing else. If a nation comes over here to fight, then we'll fight. The trouble with America is that when the dollar only earns 6 percent over here, then it gets restless and goes overseas to get 100 percent. Then the flag follows the dollar and the soldiers follow the flag.

I wouldn't go to war again as I have done to protect some lousy investment of the bankers. There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.

There isn't a trick in the racketeering bag that the military gang is blind to. It has its "finger men" to point out enemies, its "muscle men" to destroy enemies, its "brain men" to plan war preparations, and a "Big Boss" Super-Nationalistic-Capitalism.

It may seem odd for me, a military man to adopt such a comparison. Truthfulness compels me to. I spent thirty- three years and four months in active military service as a member of this country's most agile military force, the Marine Corps. I served in all commissioned ranks from Second Lieutenant to Major-General. And during that period, I spent most of my time being a high class muscle- man for Big Business, for Wall Street and for the Bankers. In short, I was a racketeer, a gangster for capitalism.

I suspected I was just part of a racket at the time. Now I am sure of it. Like all the members of the military profession, I never had a thought of my own until I left the service. My mental faculties remained in suspended animation while I obeyed the orders of higher-ups. This is typical with everyone in the military service.

I helped make Mexico, especially Tampico, safe for American oil interests in 1914. I helped make Haiti and Cuba a decent place for the National City Bank boys to collect revenues in. I helped in the raping of half a dozen Central American republics for the benefits of Wall Street. The record of racketeering is long. I helped purify Nicaragua for the international banking house of Brown Brothers in 1909-1912 (where have I heard that name before?). I brought light to the Dominican Republic for American sugar interests in 1916. In China I helped to see to it that Standard Oil went its way unmolested.

During those years, I had, as the boys in the back room would say, a swell racket. Looking back on it, I feel that I could have given Al Capone a few hints. The best he could do was to operate his racket in three districts. I operated on three continents.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

3. TopTop #2
    Shandi

Re: Gen. Butler should be remembered on 'Memorial' Day

Thanks for this Alex, I posted it on my Timeline on FB, so more people can read it.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Alex: View Post
    Not one baby, peasant or another country's also gullible, brainwashed 18 year old killed by the United States military was some justified protection of America's shore or your home.

I told my son I'd support him no matter what he chose to do in life, but the only thing I asked is that he not join the military. What is lower than the cowards behind desks and computers doing the bidding for corporate profit and secret agendas enticing gullible 18 year olds to take the blows they aren't man enough to risk themselves? The soullessness with which these cowards use others to kill is the definition of evil.

Memorial Day to me is for remembering how stupid so many have been to help these criminals. What Butler said in 1933 about this racket has only become a more organized, more sophisticated and more arrogant machine run by the worst of the worst on Earth to the great detriment of humanity.

WAR IS A RACKET, General Smedley Butler USMC
    Smedley Butler on Interventionism-- Excerpt from a speech delivered in 1933

War is just a racket. A racket is best described, I believe, as something that is not what it seems to the majority of people. Only a small inside group knows what it is about. It is conducted for the benefit of the very few at the expense of the masses.

I believe in adequate defense at the coastline and nothing else. If a nation comes over here to fight, then we'll fight. The trouble with America is that when the dollar only earns 6 percent over here, then it gets restless and goes overseas to get 100 percent. Then the flag follows the dollar and the soldiers follow the flag.

I wouldn't go to war again as I have done to protect some lousy investment of the bankers. There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.

There isn't a trick in the racketeering bag that the military gang is blind to. It has its "finger men" to point out enemies, its "muscle men" to destroy enemies, its "brain men" to plan war preparations, and a "Big Boss" Super-Nationalistic-Capitalism.

It may seem odd for me, a military man to adopt such a comparison. Truthfulness compels me to. I spent thirty- three years and four months in active military service as a member of this country's most agile military force, the Marine Corps. I served in all commissioned ranks from Second Lieutenant to Major-General. And during that period, I spent most of my time being a high class muscle- man for Big Business, for Wall Street and for the Bankers. In short, I was a racketeer, a gangster for capitalism.

I suspected I was just part of a racket at the time. Now I am sure of it. Like all the members of the military profession, I never had a thought of my own until I left the service. My mental faculties remained in suspended animation while I obeyed the orders of higher-ups. This is typical with everyone in the military service.

I helped make Mexico, especially Tampico, safe for American oil interests in 1914. I helped make Haiti and Cuba a decent place for the National City Bank boys to collect revenues in. I helped in the raping of half a dozen Central American republics for the benefits of Wall Street. The record of racketeering is long. I helped purify Nicaragua for the international banking house of Brown Brothers in 1909-1912 (where have I heard that name before?). I brought light to the Dominican Republic for American sugar interests in 1916. In China I helped to see to it that Standard Oil went its way unmolested.

During those years, I had, as the boys in the back room would say, a swell racket. Looking back on it, I feel that I could have given Al Capone a few hints. The best he could do was to operate his racket in three districts. I operated on three continents.

4. TopTop #3
    Ronaldo

Memorial Day is a federal holiday in the United States for remembering the people who died while serving in the country's armed forces
    You could have waited until Tuesday to peddle your anti-war sentiments. To this veteran the timing of your message is disrespectful to the men & women who this day is dedicated to.

Eleh Ezkerah's poem - "These We Remember" is so much more appropriate for this day.

I told my son I'd support him no matter what he chose to do in life, but the only thing I asked is that he not join the military. What is lower than the cowards behind desks and computers doing the bidding for corporate profit and secret agendas enticing gullible 18 year olds to take the blows they aren't man enough to risk themselves? The soullessness with which these cowards use others to kill is the definition of evil....
    Last edited by Barry; 05-26-2015 at 12:54 PM.

5. TopTop #4
    Shandi

The truth can't wait for a "better" day. Do you really think that most people use Memorial Day to remember those who died and whose lives were seen as disposable collateral damage by the very same entity that created a day of remembrance?

True respect is shown by what is done for those veterans who are still with us, maimed, disabled, and homeless. The dead are gone, and a holiday can't do much for them, or those left behind. Let us remember the "living" who we can still do something for.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Ronaldo: View Post
    Memorial Day is a federal holiday in the United States for remembering the people who died while serving in the country's armed forces
    You could have waited until Tuesday to peddle your anti-war sentiments. To this veteran the timing of your message is disrespectful to the men & women who this day is dedicated to.

Eleh Ezkerah's poem - "These We Remember" is so much more appropriate for this day.

6. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

7. TopTop #5
    Ronaldo

Memorial Day is to honor those who died serving this country.
    It is not about veterans or discounting those who died.

8. TopTop #6
    Shandi

Please share with us how you personally honor those who died, and how you suggest that others might honor the dead.

9. TopTop #7
    Ronaldo

I honor those who died serving our country by openly displaying the American flag.
    Privately, I honor those who died serving our country through prayer and ceremony.

Did you honor mothers on Mother's Day? Did you also send them "War is a Racket".
    Perhaps you were subtle and sent them the Cassandra myth or even the story of Lysistrata.

10. Gratitude expressed by:

11. TopTop #8

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Ronaldo:
    I really don't mean this disrespectfully, but I see it as a surreal day of twisted oddity of honoring people who fell for the ultimate fleecing. To paraphrase Shandi, there's no wrong moment to tell the truth, especially if it helps anyone else from making a huge mistake.

The truth is that Memorial Day is perpetuated by a government who doesn't give a shit about those they used and died. To the government it's Grand Propaganda Day to keep the lie alive that serving is some extra-honorable vocation and keep fresh impressionable young people volunteering without looking below the surface.

I understand how you'd feel about an intense part of your life, and you have a right to feel proud of probably having been a fine soldier who gave your absolute best for your comrades and a cause you thought was worthy but you were lied to. You were serving heartless criminals and psychopaths with agendas for completely different reasons than you were led to believe. Sorry, but you sure are not the only one.

The proof is no clearer than in the hypocrisy of how there's now been millions of soldiers who at first constantly heard the word honor to continually prick their conscience and 'serve their country' obedient patriotism to be guilt-tripped to hurt others and kill, and after being maimed or mentally ruined for life themselves, treated like worthless, inconvenient baggage and damaged goods with no further usefulness - a total lack of respect from the same organization that screamed honor in their face relentlessly to get them to do their bidding.

If I got the attention of one family to research and rethink and saved even one young person from risking his life for totally deceptive reasons, it was worth purposefully speaking the painful truth on that very touchy day.

12. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

13. TopTop #9
    Shandi

I don't honor mothers on Mother's Day. I see it much the same as I see other gift giving holidays, as a way to separate people from their money, or induce guilt for not buying something "worthy" of the person. All mothers aren't worthy of honor or respect, but if they are, I don't wait for a day that's contrived to get me to buy something, or feel guilty for not.

I'm the mother of two sons, and they know that they don't have to concern themselves with buying a gift for me. We have a great relationship, and I treasure any moments of communication and intimacy I have with them. That's the greatest gift we give each other. They weren't quite old enough for Vietnam, but I would have helped them get to Canada. Neither of them have a "killer" instinct, and I would have done anything to spare them from getting trained to be one. They are gentle, sensitive, caring men who were spared the experience of killing or being killed themselves.

I actually don't even honor the dead, and don't pray for them. They did their time here, and made decisions that will carry their spirit on, wherever it goes. I doubt if my prayers could have any effect on their soul's destiny. I don't visit grave sites, simply because they're not there. I don't need a loved one's ashes to remind me of them.

My focus is on assisting those who are still alive, and suffering in some way. I've helped the homeless, and this past week, I've taken a veteran under my wing, to help him find work. He suffers greatly from PTSD, and carries a lot of repressed rage. I want him to know that I appreciate the years he gave in the military as a young man, and this is my way of honoring his service. I've also become a cat advocate who reveals the "difficult truths" about vets and pet food manufacturers that are very hard to accept.

Any time we put our trust in an authority figure that we believe knows more than we do, and we find evidence showing that our best interests were not at heart, we can go through a period of denial that can actually last a long time, before we succumb to shock, then anger. I think that the deeper the belief, the deeper the denial. I see this with many Americans, who can't believe the things that have been revealed about our government. They can't accept that something they've believed for so long, is actually false.

Many will go to their grave believing these lies, though people like Alex, and others do what they can to reveal the truths that are well researched, so that hopefully some people can be spared the grief and suffering that comes with honoring the "false gods" and "warlords" that run our country, and consider our youth dispensable collateral damage.

You probably have an idea of what a "good" American looks like, and you may be disappointed to see less and less of those. I, on the other hand, are glad to see more people accepting the truth about our country, and taking action to make changes before it's too late.....although it may already be.

I honor those who died serving our country by openly displaying the American flag.
    Privately, I honor those who died serving our country through prayer and ceremony.

Did you honor mothers on Mother's Day? Did you also send them "War is a Racket".
    Perhaps you were subtle and sent them the Cassandra myth or even the story of Lysistrata.

14. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

15. TopTop #10
    Shandi

Thank you again, Alex, for saying these difficult things so well. Know that you're appreciated for stepping up to share these "difficult truths", even though some people may take offense. This the risk that frontrunners take, without concern for how they may be perceived, while lighting the way with the torch of truth for others to follow.

I really don't mean this disrespectfully, but I see it as a surreal day of twisted oddity of honoring people who fell for the ultimate fleecing. To paraphrase Shandi, there's no wrong moment to tell the truth, especially if it helps anyone else from making a huge mistake...
    Last edited by thedaughter; 05-27-2015 at 01:52 PM.

16. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

17. TopTop #11
    sharingwisdom

FYI Hidden Roots of Memorial Day: First Organized by the Emancipated Black Residents of Charleston, S.C.
    https://ww2.kqed.org/lowdown/2015/05...outh-carolina/

18. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

19. TopTop #12
    arthunter

I mean no disrespect, I had three soldiers and one cop in my family, so I know first hand about the bravery and sacrifices of our brave men who risk their lives for their fellow citizens ... but information has come out to suggest that these wars are fought not for our freedoms but to line the pockets of the businesses who profit from them ... I think a real tribute to our brave soldiers who gave their lives willingly would be to stop this slaughter ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1PeHuTNXP8

20. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

21. TopTop #13
    Shandi

The problem is that those who can stop the slaughter have no desire to do so, and have no real inclination to give tribute. It's just a front. Greed is the lowest common denominator among them. All we have to do is look at the veterans (men and women) who (not always willingly) gave their best years, and returned maimed, disabled, and deeply disturbed, to a country who shows little regard for them, as they are cast away among the homeless and mentally ill.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by arthunter: View Post
    I mean no disrespect, I had three soldiers and one cop in my family, so I know first hand about the bravery and sacrifices of our brave men who risk their lives for their fellow citizens ...
    Last edited by thedaughter; 05-27-2015 at 01:52 PM.

22. TopTop #14
    Shandi

Another hidden fact of our history, and one more tribute to African American's contributions to our country that was never acknowledged, like so many others.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by sharingwisdom: View Post
    FYI Hidden Roots of Memorial Day: First Organized by the Emancipated Black Residents of Charleston, S.C.
    https://ww2.kqed.org/lowdown/2015/05...outh-carolina/

23. TopTop #15

I thought you all might be interested to know that Mothers' Day began as a way to end war all over the world. I forget the name of the woman who started it, but if you search on your computer you will find a beautiful and powerful statement from this woman, asking the mothers of the world to unite and no longer give their beloved sons -- who they raised to be kind, generous, and not to kill--to not give them up to war to kill other mothers' beloved sons. Back when I was a teacher, I used to give this statement to my students and their families as a Mothers' Day gift from me. If I recall correctly, it was a suffragist who tried, and later her adult daughter who got Mothers' Day started, and they were both disgusted when it started to be commercialized. I think the daughter took Hallmark to court, but I am fuzzy on that part. Check it out--it is truly a deep, beautiful and powerful statement!
    As a mother of a son that was killed (not in a war) it comforts me, and soothes my heart when people remember my son. I can only imagine that the parents and other relatives of soldiers feel the same way. I strive to send Love and Kindness to all, no matter which side they're on, and I strive to respect others' feelings whether they agree with me or not. This is very important to me, and I believe creating/sending peace and lovingkindness to those we disagree with helps to create peace in the world.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Shandi: View Post
    I don't honor mothers on Mother's Day. I see it much the same as I see other gift giving holidays, as a way to separate people from their money, or induce guilt for not buying something "worthy" of the person. All mothers aren't worthy of honor or respect, but if they are, I don't wait for a day that's contrived to get me to buy something, or feel guilty for not.
    Last edited by Barry; 05-28-2015 at 12:41 PM.

24. Gratitude expressed by:

25. TopTop #16
    Shandi

Thank you for this meaningful fact about Mother's Day, and for what you did as a teacher. It would be wonderful if this was continued by teachers and parents, to commemorate the true meaning of this holiday, and others for which the true history has been forgotten, or never known. I looked it up, and want to share it with others:

Julia Ward Howe is also famous as the writer of the Civil War song, 'The Battle Hymn of the Republic'.

Mother's Day Proclamation
    Arise, then, women of this day! Arise all women who have hearts, whether your baptism be of water or of tears! Say firmly: "We will not have questions decided by irrelevant agencies. Our husbands shall not come to us reeking of carnage for caresses and applause. Our sons shall not be taken from us to unlearn all that we have been able to teach them of charity, mercy, and patience. We women of one country will be too tender to those of another country to allow our sons to be trained to injure theirs."

From the bosom of a devastated Earth a voice goes up with our own. It says "Disarm! Disarm!" The sword of murder is not the balance of justice. Blood does not wipe out dishonor, nor violence indicate possession.

As men have forsaken the plow and the anvil at the summons of war, let women now leave all that may be left of home for a great and earnest day of counsel. Let them meet first as women, to bewail and commemorate the dead. Let them solemnly take counsel with each other as to the means whereby the great human family can live in peace, each bearing after his time the sacred impress not of Caesar, but of God.

In the name of womanhood and humanity, I earnestly ask that a general congress of women without limit of nationality be appointed and held at some place deemed most convenient and at the earliest period consistent with its objects, to promote the alliance of the different nationalities, the amicable settlement of international questions, the great and general interests of peace.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by gaiasophia: View Post
    I thought you all might be interested to know that Mothers' Day began as a way to end war all over the world. I forget the name of the woman who started it, but ...
    Last edited by Barry; 05-28-2015 at 01:34 PM.

26. Gratitude expressed by: